[Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

Tip us?

copticwalad
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXearoXx View Post
It works perfectly nice work. But I have a question: The actually version of Bluestacks has a higher resolution of the window than yours. How I can change the resolution of your uploaded version? Is it possible to change it?

Thank you =)

p.s. sorry that Ive delete your links in my quote. But I cant post links lower than 10 postings.
I'm having the same issue. I tried the ADW Launcher option for forcing HDPI over MDPI with no luck, but it looks like the version you uploaded was designed for low resolution screens. I'm comparing with the latest free nonrooted version with my 1080p screen.

Also for anyone trying that method, it will extract the 165MB into about 8gb, expect it to take at least 10 minutes. But it is rooted nicely and the ADWLauncher brings back the normal Home screen vs the Stock Home screen of Bluestack Apps directory.

I'm also willing to manually root if it anyone has clear directions, I'm familiar with adb but will need a recap with how to do it with this emulator vs regular android phone.

inthegame
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApokrifX View Post
I'm sure, #2 is possible, but... you'd need to open support ticket to get the answer.
I was wondering still, if eth0 MAC same for everybody?
I dont think its same for everybody. I think it gets generated too, at first install.

I must admit Im not an expert in phones and ROMs and stuff like that, but I figure out that the IMSI and SIM serial # are generated on-the-fly by bluestacks when you change the GUID in registry, so I'm wondering where shall I look, see and modify the generating rules? Anybody ?!
Is there at least, a HARD way to do it, if not a simple one?

sreekanthro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Whatsapp

How to run Whatsapp on my windows8 pc ??
I run Internet using proxy !
please help me out !
waiting for a reply soon !

Melaronius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreekanthro View Post
How to run Whatsapp on my windows8 pc ??
I run Internet using proxy !
please help me out !
waiting for a reply soon !
Do you already have blue stacks installed? You'll need a phone number to create the WhatsApp account. If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, you won't be able to use the same number. A phone number can only be associated with 1 device at a time. If you associate it with your computer it will disconnect on your phone. If you know someone who doesn't use WhatsApp you can use their number for your computer.

mizuki_kai
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcionX View Post
First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)
Do you mind to show how did you root your bluestacks 0.7.8.829? I followed the steps mentioned but adb failed to launch. BTW, how can I change the game from landscape to portrait and vice versa?
Phone: SgS pLuS i9001

sreekanthro
Old
(Last edited by sreekanthro; 22nd February 2013 at 05:03 PM.) Reason: Forgot some steps to write
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaronius View Post
Do you already have blue stacks installed? You'll need a phone number to create the WhatsApp account. If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, you won't be able to use the same number. A phone number can only be associated with 1 device at a time. If you associate it with your computer it will disconnect on your phone. If you know someone who doesn't use WhatsApp you can use their number for your computer.
Yes i have bluestacks installed in my computer ,i dont know how to root it ! and i do have a mobile number that doesn't associate with whatsapp yet !
i use my college proxy, so even bluestacks is also not working ?? !!

partisano
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohazia View Post
H- EDITING INITRD.IMG to mount /system for read & write, I got it from merrickville's initrd.img
Quote:
1- Download 7-zip and install it
2- Download "NotePad++" from HERE and install it.
3- Copy "initrd.img" from "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\initrd.img" or extract it from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\runtimedata_[xxxxxxx].zip" (where xxxxxx = ur BS version) to "C:\pubuntu".
4- Open 7-zip -> Tools -> Options -> Editor -> put the path of installed "NotePad++" ["%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"]
5- Extract "initrd.img" via 7-zip -> open extracted file "initrd" via 7-zip -> right click "initrd" -> Edit
6- Search for:
Code:
try_mount ro "$device /mnt || continue
(It should be after "for device in /dev/sr* /dev/sd.....")
and replaced with
"try_mount rw $device /mnt || continue
7- Close it and save the file -> accept replacing of the file -> close 7-zip
8- Open "initrd.img" via 7-zip and replace "initrd"
9- Now you have your edited initrd.img -> copy back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
Hi all, the red text in bold and italic (step 5) doesn't work for me. If I extract initrd.img I get intrd file but I can't edit it. Why? Because it is another compressed file so if I try to open it with 7-zip I see the initrd file (and other files and folders) but I can't edit it. Well, I can edit it but I can't save the changes because 7-zip uses a windows temp folder for opening the file and if I save it the file won't be saved in the initrd compressed folder.
I tried to save it and drag and drop the file into initrd compressed file but 7-zip didn't allow me to do that.

Any idea for solving that issue? Thanks and regards.
If I help you, please hit the thanks button or donate

Do you want some free cloud storage? Here you are:
2GB + 500 MB extra storage clicking here.
5 GB + 500 MB extra storage clicking here.

mohazia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

Quote:
Originally Posted by partisano View Post
Hi all, the red text in bold and italic (step 5) doesn't work for me. If I extract initrd.img I get intrd file but I can't edit it. Why? Because it is another compressed file so if I try to open it with 7-zip I see the initrd file (and other files and folders) but I can't edit it. Well, I can edit it but I can't save the changes because 7-zip uses a windows temp folder for opening the file and if I save it the file won't be saved in the initrd compressed folder.
I tried to save it and drag and drop the file into initrd compressed file but 7-zip didn't allow me to do that.

Any idea for solving that issue? Thanks and regards.
Yes, sure. The steps said that u have to extract the content of initrd.img then open the extracted content (which is initrd) don't open initrd directly from initrd.img, but extract initrd then open initrd & edit initrd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
Quote:

Model Number: HTC Desire HD
Android Version: 4.0.4
ROM: MIUI.CN 2.10.12-V4.0
Kernel Version: 3.0.43-Virtuous-S4-PachaRX
Baseband Version: 12.69a.60.29U_26.17.14.11_M
MicroSD: SanDisk 32Gb Class4
Launcher: GO Launcher EX 3.17
CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 768 MB
Internal Memory: 3.0 GB
SD Card: FAT32: 26.63 GB, SD-EXT4: 4.0 GB, Swipe: 1 GB

partisano
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohazia View Post
Yes, sure. The steps said that u have to extract the content of initrd.img then open the extracted content (which is initrd) don't open initrd directly from initrd.img, but extract initrd then open initrd & edit initrd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
Thanks for the answer but... what do I do with initrd file after editting? Because 7-zip doesn't allow me to add to initrd compressed file (replacing the existing one)
If I help you, please hit the thanks button or donate

Do you want some free cloud storage? Here you are:
2GB + 500 MB extra storage clicking here.
5 GB + 500 MB extra storage clicking here.

mohazia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by partisano View Post
Thanks for the answer but... what do I do with initrd file after editting? Because 7-zip doesn't allow me to add to initrd compressed file (replacing the existing one)
yes, replace
Quote:

Model Number: HTC Desire HD
Android Version: 4.0.4
ROM: MIUI.CN 2.10.12-V4.0
Kernel Version: 3.0.43-Virtuous-S4-PachaRX
Baseband Version: 12.69a.60.29U_26.17.14.11_M
MicroSD: SanDisk 32Gb Class4
Launcher: GO Launcher EX 3.17
CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 768 MB
Internal Memory: 3.0 GB