Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which is better
mp9engine 0 0%
mp9enginex 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Updated] Persano's KFHD 7", KFHD 8.9" And KF 2 Tweaks

Tip us?

persano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
a good cloud service that upload files fast (no dropbox) and have high capacity, skydrive or google drive are good?

persano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
uploading to google drive, when this finish, i will make a new post of amazon os customized by me with my latest tweaks (lag fix app no more needed, i added trim ability to stock rom, so in every boot trim and more clean features + min free customizations

procter
Old
(Last edited by procter; 13th February 2013 at 12:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Re: Persano's KFHD And KF2 Tweaks

quick question: when talking about setting permission to int.d scripts, do I go into that int.d folder and manually set permissions for every single file in it or I just set permission for the folder? I noticed that when I set permission at the folder level, the files in it still keep their own permissions (not necessarily all rwxrwxrwx)

Update: saw it answered previously, I need to set permissions for all the files.
Coz I set the rwxrwxrwx permission to that int.d folder before, do I need to change this permission back to whatever it was when first copied over (with all the files in it set at correct permissions )?
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

And a side note about the benchmark score: do you guys run multiple times?it varies big time and I haven't really seen a big jump in scores before and after. Before (permission is only set at int.d folder level ), I got about 7400-7500, after (correct permissions set for all script files ) I always have 7300-7500 at first benchmark run immediate after a reboot, then 7700ish for the following runs.

persano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by procter View Post
quick question: when talking about setting permission to int.d scripts, do I go into that int.d folder and manually set permissions for every single file in it or I just set permission for the folder? I noticed that when I set permission at the folder level, the files in it still keep their own permissions (not necessarily all rwxrwxrwx)

Update: saw it answered previously, I need to set permissions for all the files.
Coz I set the rwxrwxrwx permission to that int.d folder before, do I need to change this permission back to whatever it was when first copied over (with all the files in it set at correct permissions )?

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

And a side note about the benchmark score: do you guys run multiple times?it varies big time and I haven't really seen a big jump in scores before and after. Before (permission is only set at int.d folder level ), I got about 7400-7500, after (correct permissions set for all script files ) I always have 7300-7500 at first benchmark run immediate after a reboot, then 7700ish for the following runs.

to every tweak , yeah after reboot your tablet will active all the tweaks, that clean and speed the tablet, so it will be very fast
The Following User Says Thank You to persano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

procter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
to every tweak , yeah after reboot your tablet will active all the tweaks, that clean and speed the tablet, so it will be very fast
Thanks for the reply and your hard work. But my question was not answered yet: Do I need to revert the permission for the int.d folder to whatever it was when first downloaded? Before I realized that I need to change the permission of every file inside the folder, I changed the permission for that folder to rwxrwxrwx first.

persano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Thanks for the reply and your hard work. But my question was not answered yet: Do I need to revert the permission for the int.d folder to whatever it was when first downloaded? Before I realized that I need to change the permission of every file inside the folder, I changed the permission for that folder to rwxrwxrwx first.
if give you good score you have made it fine, so dont change nothing

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 21st February 2013 at 07:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
i m waiting for my tablet but i keep working, and for my next release i will add this INT2EXT+

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124

this will make our system more faster + my other tweaks that tweak system too, this will make system even faster (internal system, so, can work better)

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

conalt
Old
(Last edited by conalt; 22nd February 2013 at 10:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
The best way to be sure is this. There are two test files in the init.d folder that generate test text files on boot to show that init.d support is working properly.

From the main root folder they are located in the data folder "Test.log" and there is another one in data/local/tmp. called "init.d_log_test.txt"

See if you have these, and if you do, delete them (only these two .txt files, view them in a text edit program to be sure) and restart the kindle. If init.d is working correctly they will be there again.

I will say persano, that on two separate attempts I did not manage to get init.d to work properly just using the Pimp my Rom method. I did have to manually copy your own "install-recovery.sh" over their one.

Thought I would mention this incase anyone else was unsure if they had it working.

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 21st February 2013 at 08:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by conalt View Post
The best way to be sure is this. There are two test files in the init.d folder that generate test text files on boot to show that init.d support is working properly.

From the main root folder they are located in the data folder "Test.log" and there is another one in data/local/tmp. called "init.d_log_test.txt"

See if you have these, and if you do, delete them and restart the kindle. If init.d is working correctly they will be there again.

I will say persano, that on two separate attempts I did not manage to get init.d to work properly just using the Pimp my Rom method. I did have to manually add your own "install-recovery.sh"

Thought I would mention this incase anyone else was unsure if they had it working.
my manual method is better that pimp my rom, and i have some other tweaks and some optimizations for my current tweaks, i cant use them because i dont have my tablet but i think i can make them compatible

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

persano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
i m getting my tablet in febrary 26 to may 4 !