CROMI Data2SD Setup
Originally Posted by smalis View Post
First of all, you have to format the microSDcard with Gparted. Do not use minitool. You can create a gparted boot disk and boot with it to run it - do a google search to find the gparted iso.
Second of all, you may need to be on the 10.4.4.25 bootloader. Not sure if it is required, but it does not hurt to upgrade to it.
Then, I prefer buhohitr's procedure:
First, using TWRP, install CleanRom 3.2.2 normally on your tablet, reboot into it, and go through the setup. Power off the tablet.
1. Using Gparted, Format your microSDcard with first partition fat32 and the second partion ext4, with the boot flag.
2. Copy your required zip files onto the fat32 partition:
that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip)
3. Insert the microSDcard and make sure it's working by boot into twrp. Tap on install and twrp should see all the previous copied zip files on the fat32 partion.
1. In TWRP, take a nandroid - backup to the external microSDcard
2. Flash mount-data2sd.zip
3. Restore the backup you just made
4. Flash cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip
Optional: flash that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip). I personally find the Clemsyn kernel flashed by cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip works fine.
5. Reboot - Done. You should see all your stuff, but now it's running on data2sd.
buhohitr, please correct me if I have anything wrong here.
Yeaah I did everything you said and TWRP states in the log Unable to mount external sdcard when I check it by tapping install.
I'm using a class 10 SD card as well. Would that be the issue?
I've tried this 10 times and TWRP still doesn't recognize my files on the FAT32 GParted partition. Not sure if I'm missing something... Should I try CWM recovery although I hear TWRP is better through the pipeline? I want to see what this baby can do. Can someone please SHOVE me in the right direction???