Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][Nov 1]★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.5 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | Full ROM ★★

OP sbdags

13th February 2013, 11:21 AM   |  #2621  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 997

3,005 posts
More
Re: [ROM][8 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.2.2 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | New Kerne
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallowcat

Exactly what it says on the first screen of CWM: "wipe data/factory reset" option. Should I try the "wipe data" option from the bootloader screen instead, and then flash? (the screen with the RCK and usb symbol selection on it)

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Oh and by the way, this is the ODEX version on the 32GB US model. 32gb microsd and 64gb sdxc (ntfs) in the keyboard dock. Not sure if these help but putting them here just in case.

Can you get into the CWM recovery and restore to 3.2.1 or any other backup? If not, I would be very careful about wiping anything else before someone more qualified than me responds to your problem!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 11:23 AM   |  #2622  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 106

1,278 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallowcat

Exactly what it says on the first screen of CWM: "wipe data/factory reset" option. Should I try the "wipe data" option from the bootloader screen instead, and then flash? (the screen with the RCK and usb symbol selection on it)

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Oh and by the way, this is the ODEX version on the 32GB US model. 32gb microsd and 64gb sdxc (ntfs) in the keyboard dock. Not sure if these help but putting them here just in case.

First did you do a nandroid backup of a working rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to lartomar2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 11:30 AM   |  #2623  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Can you get into the CWM recovery and restore to 3.2.1 or any other backup? If not, I would be very careful about wiping anything else before someone more qualified than me responds to your problem!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lartomar2002

First did you do a nandroid backup of a working rom?

Actually I've retried flashing again and again with several settings unchecked/checked. By pure luck I believe I've narrowed it down to the boot animation. Checking the Nexus 7 animation causes the boot to fail, whereas the stock animation goes through without any hiccups. I do have a nandroid and zips of several previous versions of CROMI on the microsd just in case, but I wanted to try out this new rom, so. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions! Hats off to the devs for a great ROM by the way.
13th February 2013, 01:05 PM   |  #2624  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
Is there a Kill All Tab
I keep looking for a "Kill All Tab" and I can't find one. Does this exist and can someone share with me its location?
13th February 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #2625  
Thanks Meter: 129

860 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAmAtIs87

I am loving this rom so far but I have come across a small hiccup. I'm trying to re-download COD: Black Ops Zombies which I have purchased off the play store but it doesn't even show up in the search. It shows up on my Galaxy Note 2 but not on my TF700. I flashed using 213dpi originally and then I re-flashed the rom choosing 240dpi because I thought it was a dpi related issue but still no dice.

I also tried to download it by going to to my recently installed app list in the play store and it shows up there but I can't install it. It gives me a 942 error message. If anyone has a solution that would be great.

With titanium backup, export from note and import on tab
13th February 2013, 02:08 PM   |  #2626  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 42

311 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstanec3

I keep looking for a "Kill All Tab" and I can't find one. Does this exist and can someone share with me its location?

There is one, is made by Asus, it's a widget
The Following User Says Thank You to bloodylipp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 02:48 PM   |  #2627  
Flag Mechanopolis
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
More
Question CROMI Data2SD Setup
Question Data2SD

Originally Posted by smalis View Post

First of all, you have to format the microSDcard with Gparted. Do not use minitool. You can create a gparted boot disk and boot with it to run it - do a google search to find the gparted iso.

Second of all, you may need to be on the 10.4.4.25 bootloader. Not sure if it is required, but it does not hurt to upgrade to it.

Then, I prefer buhohitr's procedure:

First, using TWRP, install CleanRom 3.2.2 normally on your tablet, reboot into it, and go through the setup. Power off the tablet.

1. Using Gparted, Format your microSDcard with first partition fat32 and the second partion ext4, with the boot flag.

2. Copy your required zip files onto the fat32 partition:

cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip
mount-data2sd.zip
that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip)

3. Insert the microSDcard and make sure it's working by boot into twrp. Tap on install and twrp should see all the previous copied zip files on the fat32 partion.

Action:

1. In TWRP, take a nandroid - backup to the external microSDcard

2. Flash mount-data2sd.zip

3. Restore the backup you just made

4. Flash cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip

Optional: flash that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip). I personally find the Clemsyn kernel flashed by cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip works fine.

5. Reboot - Done. You should see all your stuff, but now it's running on data2sd.

buhohitr, please correct me if I have anything wrong here.

Yeaah I did everything you said and TWRP states in the log Unable to mount external sdcard when I check it by tapping install.

I'm using a class 10 SD card as well. Would that be the issue?

I've tried this 10 times and TWRP still doesn't recognize my files on the FAT32 GParted partition. Not sure if I'm missing something... Should I try CWM recovery although I hear TWRP is better through the pipeline? I want to see what this baby can do. Can someone please SHOVE me in the right direction???
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloneycomb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 03:06 PM   |  #2628  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
Is there a Kill All Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodylipp

There is one, is made by Asus, it's a widget

Ok I see it thanks but I noticed under the multitab window everything is still there. Am I misunderstanding what this tab mean? I thought it was active sessions.
13th February 2013, 03:41 PM   |  #2629  
Thanks Meter: 129

860 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloneycomb

Question Data2SD

Originally Posted by smalis View Post

First of all, you have to format the microSDcard with Gparted. Do not use minitool. You can create a gparted boot disk and boot with it to run it - do a google search to find the gparted iso.

Second of all, you may need to be on the 10.4.4.25 bootloader. Not sure if it is required, but it does not hurt to upgrade to it.

Then, I prefer buhohitr's procedure:

First, using TWRP, install CleanRom 3.2.2 normally on your tablet, reboot into it, and go through the setup. Power off the tablet.

1. Using Gparted, Format your microSDcard with first partition fat32 and the second partion ext4, with the boot flag.

2. Copy your required zip files onto the fat32 partition:

cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip
mount-data2sd.zip
that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip)

3. Insert the microSDcard and make sure it's working by boot into twrp. Tap on install and twrp should see all the previous copied zip files on the fat32 partion.

Action:

1. In TWRP, take a nandroid - backup to the external microSDcard

2. Flash mount-data2sd.zip

3. Restore the backup you just made

4. Flash cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip

Optional: flash that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip). I personally find the Clemsyn kernel flashed by cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip works fine.

5. Reboot - Done. You should see all your stuff, but now it's running on data2sd.

buhohitr, please correct me if I have anything wrong here.

Yeaah I did everything you said and TWRP states in the log Unable to mount external sdcard when I check it by tapping install.

I'm using a class 10 SD card as well. Would that be the issue?

I've tried this 10 times and TWRP still doesn't recognize my files on the FAT32 GParted partition. Not sure if I'm missing something... Should I try CWM recovery although I hear TWRP is better through the pipeline? I want to see what this baby can do. Can someone please SHOVE me in the right direction???

This belongs in the Data2SD thread, but - what card exactly? My "SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1" card works fine. On the other hand, I could not get TWRP to work properly and consistently with the higher performance "SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I 95MB/s" card. So, the issue may be the card.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellycruzz

I used nooxide on my note 2 and amazing sound. Anything similar that would give amazing bass and surround sound to this amazing tablet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Do you mean Noozxoide? Try the Acid Audio Engine, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2002367

Worked for me, although only with headphones.

Or, install Noozxoide from the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewirepro&hl=en
13th February 2013, 04:06 PM   |  #2630  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 37

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefChaudart

Hi,

Do you have sometimes a line flashing 1" in the middle of the screen ?

Cheers.

In case this question was for me ... I'd say the flashing line stretches at least 1/2-way across the screen. It is usually just above the center or just below the center of the screen's horizontal middle. It always flashes randomly horizontally across the screen.

Even worse, I was watching Lisa Gade's comparo of the TF700 vs the Sammy Note 10.1 last night ... during the review, 2 permanent black lines appeared on the TF700's screen. WTF ASUS? She finished the review with the lines across the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6m...e_gdata_player

Thank you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cleanrom, infinity, inheritance, jelly bean, tf700
Previous Thread Next Thread