FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Repair cost at Samsung Service Center.

13th February 2013, 01:13 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sarawak
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
As the title stated, how much is the cost of repairing my SGW at Samsung Center? Practically in Malaysia.
 
 
13th February 2013, 02:18 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synmal

As the title stated, how much is the cost of repairing my SGW at Samsung Center? Practically in Malaysia.

didnt really know.can u tell to repair what part?as far as i know( just a guess) to repair a hardbricked w may cost u a price of another phone probably with a same spec as the w.this is just base on my observation in this forum.CMIIW
13th February 2013, 02:33 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sarawak
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afif_7070

didnt really know.can u tell to repair what part?as far as i know( just a guess) to repair a hardbricked w may cost u a price of another phone probably with a same spec as the w.this is just base on my observation in this forum.CMIIW

Well, my phone has been randomly reboot and stuck on a bootloop like crazy after my niece dropped my phone. I went to a repair shop saying that maybe the motherboard damaged due to the impact and they can't repair it. Wanted to send it to Samsung Service Center but is it worth the trouble. If it cost the same or more than when I bought it (I bought the phone secondhand), I think I consider buying a new phone then.
13th February 2013, 03:08 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synmal

Well, my phone has been randomly reboot and stuck on a bootloop like crazy after my niece dropped my phone. I went to a repair shop saying that maybe the motherboard damaged due to the impact and they can't repair it. Wanted to send it to Samsung Service Center but is it worth the trouble. If it cost the same or more than when I bought it (I bought the phone secondhand), I think I consider buying a new phone then.

if motherboard prob mayb it will cost d same price or more..since it can still boot, can u try enter recovery mode n flash any rom.any stable rom will do.see if it still give u bootloop n random reboot.try with flashable stock rom (there's a guide in the gen thread bout on how to flash it).if cant enter recovery mode try installing using odin..really sorry if it didnt help.atleast ill try all of this b4 sending my phone to SSC.

edit.
maybe u can call SSC(samsung service centre) n ask them how much does it cost for replacing damaged motherboard.will save your time on going there.
Last edited by afif_7070; 13th February 2013 at 03:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to afif_7070 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 03:14 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sarawak
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afif_7070

if motherboard prob mayb it will cost d same price or more..since it can still boot, can u try enter recovery mode n flash any rom.any stable rom will do.see if it still give u bootloop n random reboot.try with flashable stock rom (there's a guide in the gen thread bout on how to flash it).if cant enter recovery mode try installing using odin..really sorry if it didnt help.atleast ill try all of this b4 sending my phone to SSC.

edit.
maybe u can call SSC(samsung service centre) n ask them how much does it cost for replacing damaged motherboard.will save your time on going there.

Yup, I tried using stock ROM but the problem still persist. Guess I should send it for repair than. Thanks anyway.
13th February 2013, 03:28 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synmal

Yup, I tried using stock ROM but the problem still persist. Guess I should send it for repair than. Thanks anyway.

do call SSC for the price.iv once experienced hardware prob(the ribbon for sliding+motherboard) with my phone(nokia C6-00) and when i ask nokia center whats the cost for repair it,they said the cost is around half price of that phone..at that time of the repair,with that price i can buy a new phone with almost the same spec(slightly lower)..n once u know the price do look out for any phone which u can buy with that amount of cost..n also do tell us what is the cost for repairing it since i hv not found others who mention bout the price.

edit:it was a 1st hand nokia.so in your case since u bought secondhand w im afraid the cost of repairing it may reach the price when u bought the phone
Last edited by afif_7070; 13th February 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes