Ask a question

No registration required

Recover files from a brick

OP duckredbeard

13th February 2013, 02:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110

879 posts
I did proper backups, but they were saved to the internal storage. Not a good idea. I'm exchanging my TF700 this weekend and would like to simply run the recovery and restore one of those backups. Possible?

Also lost a sensitive document in that brick...any chance of getting it out or deleting it before Asus gets to it?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckredbeard

I did proper backups, but they were saved to the internal storage. Not a good idea. I'm exchanging my TF700 this weekend and would like to simply run the recovery and restore one of those backups. Possible?

Also lost a sensitive document in that brick...any chance of getting it out or deleting it before Asus gets to it?

From your other thread I gathered you cannot access either the recovery or fastboot -- you couldn't even boot at all. In that case you will not be able to save your files or stop them from getting at them. My guess'd be that they reflash or replace parts anyway and not see any files at all... but you won't either, then, and that's a shame.
13th February 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110

879 posts
Re: Recover files from a brick
Lesson learned is keep backups and sensitive documents in the removable storage.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread