Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Padawan V8 Issues

Tip us?

kukrer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Padawan V8 Issues

Since I am a lurker but not a poster, XDA Forum does not allow me to post my question to the development folders. I have long history of rooting and putting custom ROM my phones. So, I can't say I am an expert but I am not a newbie either. So, to all developers, thank you for spending time and making these amazing ROMs.

I recently got a Galaxy Note i717 and immediately flashed with Padawan V8 after checking the forums. It is an amazing ROM. I have two small issues and I can't seem to find a resolution.

First one, there are no labels for the icons at the home screen. I could not figure out how I can put them back. As it seems it is not a featue of the rom, when look at the screenshots.

Second one, I have a screen PIN lock on the phone. When I receive the call, I answer it, but during the conversation, it goes on dark I can't seem to bring the screen back until other party hangs up.

Is it a known bug or did I mess something up with my phone?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

kukrer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default This is not a well known ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukrer View Post
Since I am a lurker but not a poster, XDA Forum does not allow me to post my question to the development folders. I have long history of rooting and putting custom ROM my phones. So, I can't say I am an expert but I am not a newbie either. So, to all developers, thank you for spending time and making these amazing ROMs.

I recently got a Galaxy Note i717 and immediately flashed with Padawan V8 after checking the forums. It is an amazing ROM. I have two small issues and I can't seem to find a resolution.

First one, there are no labels for the icons at the home screen. I could not figure out how I can put them back. As it seems it is not a featue of the rom, when look at the screenshots.

Second one, I have a screen PIN lock on the phone. When I receive the call, I answer it, but during the conversation, it goes on dark I can't seem to bring the screen back until other party hangs up.

Is it a known bug or did I mess something up with my phone?

Thanks for all your help in advance.
No one can help me?

psycoartwork
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Smile Try the goody bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukrer View Post
No one can help me?
To answer your first question, this is a VERY well known ROM, the answer to other question, about labels...there used to be a file in the goody bag that the Dev has for this ROM that adds those labels
See it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1907203
Try looking in the thread for the Padawan V8 rom here on XDA under developer threads...hope this helps

btw...you can also simply change launchers to get labels.
The Following User Says Thank You to psycoartwork For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kukrer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [Q] Padawan V8 Issues

Thank you. I will try there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app