Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,706 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Tip us?

PatcheZ
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnovanova View Post
OK so I had the 3g icon for like a second so I checked it out it said umts with a number. What does that mean?

Btw I'm on Rogers with AOKP and never had any data connection problems.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app
it probably showed something like umts II.
there are various bands of umts (or lte) used around the world

akadreday
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatcheZ View Post
lol, read more carefully and follow directions on that thread?
i have the telus s3, exact same phone on aokp
nope, you don't need my 2 cents... but i'll give you a hint: you'd get more help for this issue from the link Quasimodem wrote, more importantly post #3

If you have successfully followed all the steps in post 3, and still no joy, you might be hooped. maybe send it in to sammy, i've read of others whom have had their phones reflashed under warranty or for a small fee.
ii thanks man this **** is jus stressful

Quasimodem
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 3,011
Quote:
OK so I had the 3g icon for like a second so I checked it out it said umts with a number. What does that mean?

Btw I'm on Rogers with AOKP and never had any data connection problems.

Edit: So I read up on it a bit. Umts is the technology that encompasses both hsdpa and hspa+. So I'm back to my original question. Is the fact that I only see 3g or 4g rom related? Is there something I could flash so my phone displays the full array of bandwidths 3g, h, h+ and 4g?
DId it do that on your own or where you in the process of sending a mms? i really don't think it's ROM related because it works sometimes.... what is the baseband?

mrnovanova
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
DId it do that on your own or where you in the process of sending a mms? i really don't think it's ROM related because it works sometimes.... what is the baseband?
what's a baseband? Where do I find that information?

Quasimodem
Old
Thanks Meter 3,011
Quote:
what's a baseband? Where do I find that information?
Look in About Phone

elvin9
Old
Thanks Meter 2
thanks thats help me on att LTE apn

mrnovanova
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Default Re: &lt;&lt; GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada &gt;&gt;

Quote:
Look in About Phone
Ah the radio. It's LLH1 I tried all the updates but I keep coming back to this one. What does that have to do with anything?

Quasimodem
Old
Thanks Meter 3,011
Quote:
Ah the radio. It's LLH1 I tried all the updates but I keep coming back to this one. What does that have to do with anything?

Was wondering which one you were on and if you had tried any different ones to try and get better service... Typically it only drops out of LTE for a second when sending an MMS... but I don't believe it's a ROM issue... I'm not currently running task's but I've ran it enough and had solid 4g all the time...

mrnovanova
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Default Re: &lt;&lt; GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada &gt;&gt;

Quote:
Was wondering which one you were on and if you had tried any different ones to try and get better service... Typically it only drops out of LTE for a second when sending an MMS... but I don't believe it's a ROM issue... I'm not currently running task's but I've ran it enough and had solid 4g all the time...
I'm sorry I must have not formulated my question properly. I have no problem with my lte reception. My question is, when I'm not on 4g(lte) why do I see 3g for hsdpa and hsupa instead of h and h+? I dont know how else to say this. Does aokp not have the h and h+ icons?

Quasimodem
Old
Thanks Meter 3,011
Quote:
I'm sorry I must have not formulated my question properly. I have no problem with my lte reception. My question is, when I'm not on 4g(lte) why do I see 3g for hsdpa and hsupa instead of h and h+? I dont know how else to say this. Does aokp not have the h and h+ icons?

Ahh... My apologies... In an AOSP ROM, if you see 3g at any point, it's HSDPA/HSUPA and H or H+ is HSDPA+/HSUPA or it could be called 3.5g... You truly are dropping into 3g, not H+.... I don't see it often, but I'm sure I could drive out to middle of nowhere and see 3g...

The Following User Says Thank You to Quasimodem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]