5,600,292 Members 36,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What the hell is wrong with people?

Tip us?

silentecho13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Re: What the hell is wrong with people?

Eh, I wish. I can't afford another one right now. I really hope samsung acknowledges and tries to resolve my issue though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

ViciousMo
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentecho13 View Post
Eh, I wish. I can't afford another one right now. I really hope samsung acknowledges and tries to resolve my issue though.

Dude, go back to the store ASAP and tell them the situation. The sooner you go, the better your chances. Go there and do not take NO for an answer. They scratched your phone. Regardless of Samsung's quality control, he induced the scratches on his negligence and THAT store should replace your phone. Go and tell that idiot that it is not scratch proof. All they do is memorize facts from a pamphlet. The average consumer is not going to question the validity of their facts so he gets away with it.

I would love for a rep to do this to my phone. I would raise hell at that store.

silentecho13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

It wasn't a store though. It was a samsung rep at some "showcase" kiosk thing. They have 6 tables set up with all their mobile products for demonstration and questions, but they don't sell them there.

They are directly related to samsung though, a corporate-placed setup.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3831

DONATE TO ME

Quote:

Send one to( e-mail) AT&T corporate also. Complaint on the place where it happened and for the Manager. They don't like bad reviews. I gave a bad review one time over text msg. and a manger called me asking me why I gave that review on his store & rep. I then explained myself to him my issue!

Good luck with you phone problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

[How To][Guide] Att Apn List

Brad.S.
Old
Thanks Meter 195

Quote:
It wasn't a store though. It was a samsung rep at some "showcase" kiosk thing. They have 6 tables set up with all their mobile products for demonstration and questions, but they don't sell them there.

Contact local authorities. See if they can get their hands on any surveillance footage in the area where the booth was set up. You may be able to get a copy of it.. Or have someone at Samsung get in contact with the authorities so they can view the damage being done.

I know police are looked down upon.. But if you just file a simple report to initiate the process, and have it to back your story up.. It will help things. Then from there, if you are able to do that, it's almost guaranteed that evidence needs to be obtained. Hence the surveillance video.

If not, maybe someone at the mall can give you info on who coordinated the event?
The Following User Says Thank You to Brad.S. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3831

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.S. View Post
Contact local authorities. See if they can get their hands on any surveillance footage in the area where the booth was set up. You may be able to get a copy of it.. Or have someone at Samsung get in contact with the authorities so they can view the damage being done.

I know police are looked down upon.. But if you just file a simple report to initiate the process, and have it to back your story up.. It will help things. Then from there, if you are able to do that, it's almost guaranteed that evidence needs to be obtained. Hence the surveillance video.

If not, maybe someone at the mall can give you info on who coordinated the event?
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

[How To][Guide] Att Apn List

Gary02468
Old
(Last edited by Gary02468; 13th February 2013 at 12:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalcrash View Post
My question is who doesn't put a screen protector on there [sic] phone when they get it?
Most people don't (including me, and my phones never get scratched).

There are advantages and disadvantages to screen protectors; it's a matter of personal preference. The right choice for you isn't necessarily right for everyone. Some people have a hard time with that concept.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary02468 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViciousMo
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:

That's even better, go back today!

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 7586
XDA does nto condone fraud in any way, shape or form; insurance or otherwise. Please do not post suggestions about subverting. Thank you.

Ok, so now that that is done. I agree with the two above me and you should get your local authorities invovled. I'm not sure what the full retail is on a NII but it has to be above $500 and that makes it a viable option for more than just a complaint.

What I would do is since this is a kiosk type thing in a mall (<--key point there), I would go to the mall security and have them review the tapes. Kiosks are out in the open, so they are not covered by internal cameras and loss prevention like the Gap or Finish Line. There camera security is the same as the mall's, so since this took place in the mall's space, they would be the ones that you would want to go to. Tell them what happened and the value of the phone (to put a little weight on your issue) and see if they can pull up the footage. Tell them that you are seriously thinking about police action and this could determine whether or not you do. Just an idea.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I doubt the police will regard this dispute as a criminal matter. You'd probably have better luck bringing a civil suit in small claims court.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gary02468 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]