Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Tip us?

ParishM
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i'm using Google Wallet with Task650's AOKP ROM and it works perfectly

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766684
“The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42!”

lgkahn
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Default Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartur View Post
Can I load it through Odin? Just want to ensure that all apps and all data will remain intact. I want to be as close to stock ROM as possible WITH Google Wallet.
no it is cwm flashable. while it doesn't get rid off apps... to avoid issues you need to do a reset. also make sure you have a backup.. I also had to manually flash att jb modem after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pprice520
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
so just a random question, has anyone (I535) changed the build.prop and left it changed? if so is everything ok or what?

PorscheHusky
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprice520 View Post
so just a random question, has anyone (I535) changed the build.prop and left it changed? if so is everything ok or what?
T889 here (T-Mobile) not sure if the affected apps for this are 'drastically' different from one phone to the next but I did change my build props back to stock so I could continue using my pen features. I only just did this within the hour but will report back if it works or not.
I was still able to sign into the app and it functions with no hiccups, however, I will occasionally get a nasty lag and followed behind it will be a NFC error message.

Like I said, my build props are back to stock for this/my phone (T889) and everything appears to be working as it should thus so far. I'll report back here if payments work.

edit: Maybe someone knows why I'm getting the NFC error messages even with the stock build props? I cross referenced instructions from this fellow here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJAa278cfTc
Current:
Galaxy Note II (T889)

Retired:
Galaxy S II (T989), Samsung InFuse (I997), HTC HD7 S (T-Mobile), Ericsson X10i (First Android phone! ), HTC Touchpro 2 (Rodium), Ericsson K850i, Samsung A717a

Wishlist:
TF700 or S2110, Galaxy Note III
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4290736_1.gif
Want your own online storage? sign up with Dropbox! You start out with 2GB of space and get a permanent extra 500MB per person you invite! Go HERE!
The Following User Says Thank You to PorscheHusky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

javamaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just installed wallet on the AT&T Galaxy SIII using the latest wallet apk, running Bajee11's Vanilla Rootbox 0208 Nightly. Installation went well, cards are active, just have to test it at an NFC credit terminal now

RaymondPJR
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprice520 View Post
Using wallet with a modded build.prop is not recommended at all. It's been covered in this thread several times.
When the spell is over... we will rediscover... there is no other... we are one, we are one, we are one... --Ajamu Mutima

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock UVALH2 + Root
Modem: UVLI4
UI: Apex Launcher
Storage: 32GB Class 6
"I know you want to touch it and feel the awesomeness in your hand, but don't." (Taken out of context)-XDA Member Dammit2Hell on proper procedure after flashing Nero V4

pprice520
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondPJR View Post
Using wallet with a modded build.prop is not recommended at all. It's been covered in this thread several times.
I tried this method on my last gs3 before i got a replacement (other issues) and when i changed my build.prop back to regular i535 build.prop i kept getting NFC force close and or NFC has stopped.

Any suggestions?

1Shotwonder
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Well I am glad to post that I finally got the new version of gw to work on wickedv7. So happy that my idea worked... as I stated previously I had gw working in a back up I had which was on freegs3 a couple roms back. So I had figured somewhere in between the different roms something had happend to my secure element. So I decide to restore back to the rom where Google wallet worked then do a fresh install of my current rom wickedv7 got it all setup then did the steps to install gw from scratch and magically it added the card and couldnt be more happy I figured it out lol .... new gw is pretty clean looking

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Current Device:T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM :Wicked v2
Kerneleviant Kernal
Radio:MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0

Previous Devices:
>T-mobile Galaxy S III
>Asus Transformer Prime
>HTC T-Mobile G2 Vision
>T-mobile G1

bobloadmire
Old
Thanks Meter 63

I keep getting an error on cm10.1 that says not network connection, try rebooting. Anyone know how to fix this? Att sgs3 on latest cm10.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

CyclingVinnie
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Would that new market helper app work? in theory you could fake your phone to make it use apps that werent designed for it: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...rop-root-only/