5,596,354 Members 38,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw/d2spr]

Tip us?

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2856

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

RootBOX 3.7 is out - http://rootbox.ca/?page_id=12

Changelog - http://goo.im/devs/RootBox/RootBox_Changelogs

Enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kilometers4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ddurandSGS3
Old
Thanks Meter 402
flashing meow. will report back any issues I find.

going to force myself to try the PIE navigation. it seems cool and functional but like it would take some getting used to.

rjvecchio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question no/weak service on d2att Rootbox 3.6

I have an issue where I am getting no 4g service after I flash this ROM, and sometimes no service at all where I should be getting service, it seems that the only type of service I can get is 3g. I have tested this by staying in the same location and starting my phone using paranoid android 2.55 and I get full H+, then change roms to Rootbox 3.6 and I get only 3g service. I also had Rootbox loaded when I went to new York city and got no service at all, tried restarting my phone and no service, tried activating airplane mode and deactivating it and nothing, then I changed back to ParanoidAndroid and full 4g. the apns all seem to be correct when compared to those of paranoid android. if I go into test mode (*#*#4636#*#*) the preferred network mode is set to lte/gsm auto (prl) and any attempts to change it instantly get reverted. the same issue exists using carbon dev, I have not tried any other 4.2.1 roms. any information on this world be very helpful as I very much like Rootbox and the new jellybean. on a side note, why does 4.2 sill go by jellybean?

haveagr8day
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvecchio View Post
I have an issue where I am getting no 4g service after I flash this ROM, and sometimes no service at all where I should be getting service, it seems that the only type of service I can get is 3g. I have tested this by staying in the same location and starting my phone using paranoid android 2.55 and I get full H+, then change roms to Rootbox 3.6 and I get only 3g service. I also had Rootbox loaded when I went to new York city and got no service at all, tried restarting my phone and no service, tried activating airplane mode and deactivating it and nothing, then I changed back to ParanoidAndroid and full 4g. the apns all seem to be correct when compared to those of paranoid android. if I go into test mode (*#*#4636#*#*) the preferred network mode is set to lte/gsm auto (prl) and any attempts to change it instantly get reverted. the same issue exists using carbon dev, I have not tried any other 4.2.1 roms. any information on this world be very helpful as I very much like Rootbox and the new jellybean. on a side note, why does 4.2 sill go by jellybean?
Not sure about 4g, but if you are getting 3g and not h+, make sure that you are doing something that is actually using your mobile data. It will drop down to 3g when it is not on use to save battery.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

jasvncnt1
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockb.blues View Post

When taking a picture by selecting "Capture Picture" through messenger, I notice it does not allow you to preview the picture as intended, instead the camera continues to queue another picture although the menus display the retake, delete, and accept options. Furthermore when you hit accept to see it in the messaging box, all pictures captured this way are stuck in landscape.

Can anyone else confirm this isn't working correctly? Haven't noticed this before.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I've never tried it that way. But just tried it and mine works the same way. Not sure if there's an issue or that's just the way it is.

rjvecchio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveagr8day View Post
Not sure about 4g, but if you are getting 3g and not h+, make sure that you are doing something that is actually using your mobile data. It will drop down to 3g when it is not on use to save battery.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
thanks, but the data was in use at the time, plus if I switch back to paranoid android Rom I am immediately in h+ when the phone boots. not to nitpick here, but h+ is a 4g technology, no?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

[updateQUOTE=rjvecchio;37937073]I have an issue where I am getting no 4g service after I flash this ROM, and sometimes no service at all where I should be getting service, it seems that the only type of service I can get is 3g. I have tested this by staying in the same location and starting my phone using paranoid android 2.55 and I get full H+, then change roms to Rootbox 3.6 and I get only 3g service. I also had Rootbox loaded when I went to new York city and got no service at all, tried restarting my phone and no service, tried activating airplane mode and deactivating it and nothing, then I changed back to ParanoidAndroid and full 4g. the apns all seem to be correct when compared to those of paranoid android. if I go into test mode (*#*#4636#*#*) the preferred network mode is set to lte/gsm auto (prl) and any attempts to change it instantly get reverted. the same issue exists using carbon dev, I have not tried any other 4.2.1 roms. any information on this world be very helpful as I very much like Rootbox and the new jellybean. on a side note, why does 4.2 sill go by jellybean?[/QUOTE]

Update: I tried JellyBam 5.2.0 and I get 4g connectivity and service on areas where titanic and carbon get none, but I can't use any of the dpi changing features, and I like erotic better. I am going to try posing my question in the q and a troubleshooting.

Dnk123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi bajee, running the latest 3.7. I am getting the error message when I try to use phone settings under dial pad.i did wipe data,cache,dal ink cache twice. Still the same issue. Otherwise rom is excellent !!!

krntehknik303
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnk123 View Post
Hi bajee, running the latest 3.7. I am getting the error message when I try to use phone settings under dial pad.i did wipe data,cache,dal ink cache twice. Still the same issue. Otherwise rom is excellent !!!
Did you make sure to reflash GApps? Those are the common mistakes people make, including myself. hahaha.

Christiancs1969
Old
Thanks Meter 2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
Did you make sure to reflash GApps? Those are the common mistakes people make, including myself. hahaha.
Confirmed error known

s2 rootbox

Dnk123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
Yes i did.

Tags
4.2.1, aokp, d2att, rootbox, support