13th February 2013, 02:09 PM   |  #1841  
Flag Sharpsville, PA
Thanks Meter: 42

847 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

In aroma did you click desense? Or did you not click keep Rosie

I did click desense/no Rosie. I didn't realize that would kill the lockscreen. I'll reflash tonight to have it back.

Also, how does the OTA work? Do I have to flash that 1.1.0 file or is there OTA built in, and if so, is it an app that I open to grab the file needed?
13th February 2013, 02:39 PM   |  #1842  
Thanks Meter: 18

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold

You can turn that off on stock...

WiFi, menu, advance, notify me.

You are my hero!!!!! The wifi pop-up was absolutely the most annoying thing about this phone.

Thank you!
13th February 2013, 02:48 PM   |  #1843  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,091

10,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser

Yup. I was right all along. U guys should listen to me. Lol. I mean i am a tester. I should know.

On another note.....hey nits, heres a screenshot.

RATTLED FROM MY ONE XL USING ICS TAPATALK 2

yeah, i guess thats a requirement of that particular app

i use the busybox that works best with tweaks (which is 1.18 based) but if you upgrade in the market and all works well, then i dont see any issues using another

Quote:

On top of s2w not working, I also can't get the lockscreen music controls to work. Even though I have a feeling that may be buried somewhere in venom tweaks.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

i cant replicate this issue myself, are there any skins you are using? does it work on a stock venom setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arozer

Is it a good idea to user DSB's Droid DNA Cubed Kernel v3.1.1 with this Rom?

I don't really wanna use the Stock Kernel, as suggested in the OP.

i dont know if any kernel recommendations fall under a good idea, its all preference and what works best for your phone

personally i run the stock r/w kernel, but i normally run stockish stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEvyLynch

s2w means sweep to wake right? If so it works for me after update. With DSB 3. something em I forget. Rom running smooth and beautiful no force closes no nothing.

yup s2w is sweep2wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelio

does this ROM have GPU OVERCLOCK? like the VICTORIOUS? i mean the OVERCLOCK OF THE VICTORIOUS IS 487MHz on the GPU and 1.7GHz on CPU does this ROM have the Same Stuff?

OVERCLOCK IS KERNEL RELATED, AND THE KERNEL I LINK IN THE OP IS JUST SO YOU HAVE SYSTEM WRITE ABILITY

IF YOU WANT TO BE VICTORIOUS THEN LOOK FOR KERNELS IN THIS SUBFORUM THAT HAVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock13

Can someone help me install this?

Currently, I just unlocked my phone and installed a recovery... That's it so far.

What do I do next? Do I need to install SU to flash whatever boot.img? I'm not even sure if needed for this or if it's taken care of in the ROM flash.

if you have unlocked and have custom recovery, you just need to put the rom on your phone, wipe data and flash it and install the boot.img linked in the op in hboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock13

I did click desense/no Rosie. I didn't realize that would kill the lockscreen. I'll reflash tonight to have it back.

Also, how does the OTA work? Do I have to flash that 1.1.0 file or is there OTA built in, and if so, is it an app that I open to grab the file needed?

you can either flash the downloadable version from the op, or trigger the ota from settings > about > software updates > check for updates

if the system finds the ota it ll ask you to download it, then reboot to recovery to install it....if using twrp it ll auto start the install....if using cwr it ll say install failed bad path or whatever....you ll need to navigate to /sdcard/Download/VIPERdna_ota_1.1.0_1.1.1.zip and manually flash it, and click yes when it asks to install untrusted zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 02:55 PM   |  #1844  
Gilford, NH
Thanks Meter: 107

573 posts
Re: (Rom)(2.12.13)Team Venom Presents ViperDNA 1.1.1 l Tweaks l OTA l EQS l Venom HUB
Quote:

Nah, it works with any player, even poweramp.

I attached 2 pictures, one from a few months ago showing what should happen, and one from now to show what is happening

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

I'm also missing the lock screen music control since the OTA update. Using Spotify.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #1845  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
Donate to Me
ok noticed this on 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 but NOT on 1.0.1.

I reboot and auto sync turns off and GPS turns off and i have to manually go in and turn sync on and gps back on.

again did not occue on 1.0.1

not sure what else turns off on reboots just those i notice because i use my gps alot and my mail was not coming in and noticed sync was off.

rebooted several times to confirm and yes they turn off on reboot
13th February 2013, 03:07 PM   |  #1846  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 7

55 posts
More
text is smaller after update
After its I noticed the text and icons are smaller anyone else have this problem?
13th February 2013, 03:15 PM   |  #1847  
Hortense
Thanks Meter: 21

158 posts
More
Re: (Rom)(2.12.13)Team Venom Presents ViperDNA 1.1.1 l Tweaks l OTA l EQS l Venom HUB
Im using military time, not always but sometimes lose part of last digit on clock (top right). Only minor annoyance i have noticed after update. Not really an issue, just wondering if anyone else has it?

Signed with the blood of my DNA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360764751343.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1726429  
Last edited by shizumie; 13th February 2013 at 03:20 PM.
13th February 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #1848  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,091

10,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizumie

Attachment 1726429

Im using military time, not always but sometimes lose part of last digit on clock (top right). Only minor annoyance i have noticed after update. Not really an issue, just wondering if anyone else has it?

hmmm, are you using a font from venom hub?
13th February 2013, 03:19 PM   |  #1849  
Thanks Meter: 48

430 posts
Never could get ota to work. So I manually downloaded and went into recovery and got it working. Really enjoying the Rom, thanks for all the hard work.

droid DNA
13th February 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #1850  
Hortense
Thanks Meter: 21

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17

hmmm, are you using a font from venom hub?

Nope i didnt install any. I did change colors and add a battery icon. But after you said that i went to hub and installed (veggieburger) , which pushed it over nicely.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360765664143.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	1726456  

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hub, ota, tacos are a tasty treat, tweaks, venom, vin is awesome
Previous Thread Next Thread