Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(7.17.13) Team Venom Presents ViperDNA

Tip us?

Shamrock13
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens View Post
In aroma did you click desense? Or did you not click keep Rosie
I did click desense/no Rosie. I didn't realize that would kill the lockscreen. I'll reflash tonight to have it back.

Also, how does the OTA work? Do I have to flash that 1.1.0 file or is there OTA built in, and if so, is it an app that I open to grab the file needed?

eleazar123
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold View Post
You can turn that off on stock...

WiFi, menu, advance, notify me.
You are my hero!!!!! The wifi pop-up was absolutely the most annoying thing about this phone.

Thank you!

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 17052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser View Post
Yup. I was right all along. U guys should listen to me. Lol. I mean i am a tester. I should know.

On another note.....hey nits, heres a screenshot.

RATTLED FROM MY ONE XL USING ICS TAPATALK 2
yeah, i guess thats a requirement of that particular app

i use the busybox that works best with tweaks (which is 1.18 based) but if you upgrade in the market and all works well, then i dont see any issues using another

Quote:
On top of s2w not working, I also can't get the lockscreen music controls to work. Even though I have a feeling that may be buried somewhere in venom tweaks.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
i cant replicate this issue myself, are there any skins you are using? does it work on a stock venom setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arozer View Post
Is it a good idea to user DSB's Droid DNA Cubed Kernel v3.1.1 with this Rom?

I don't really wanna use the Stock Kernel, as suggested in the OP.
i dont know if any kernel recommendations fall under a good idea, its all preference and what works best for your phone

personally i run the stock r/w kernel, but i normally run stockish stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEvyLynch View Post
s2w means sweep to wake right? If so it works for me after update. With DSB 3. something em I forget. Rom running smooth and beautiful no force closes no nothing.
yup s2w is sweep2wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelio View Post
does this ROM have GPU OVERCLOCK? like the VICTORIOUS? i mean the OVERCLOCK OF THE VICTORIOUS IS 487MHz on the GPU and 1.7GHz on CPU does this ROM have the Same Stuff?
OVERCLOCK IS KERNEL RELATED, AND THE KERNEL I LINK IN THE OP IS JUST SO YOU HAVE SYSTEM WRITE ABILITY

IF YOU WANT TO BE VICTORIOUS THEN LOOK FOR KERNELS IN THIS SUBFORUM THAT HAVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock13 View Post
Can someone help me install this?

Currently, I just unlocked my phone and installed a recovery... That's it so far.

What do I do next? Do I need to install SU to flash whatever boot.img? I'm not even sure if needed for this or if it's taken care of in the ROM flash.
if you have unlocked and have custom recovery, you just need to put the rom on your phone, wipe data and flash it and install the boot.img linked in the op in hboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock13 View Post
I did click desense/no Rosie. I didn't realize that would kill the lockscreen. I'll reflash tonight to have it back.

Also, how does the OTA work? Do I have to flash that 1.1.0 file or is there OTA built in, and if so, is it an app that I open to grab the file needed?
you can either flash the downloadable version from the op, or trigger the ota from settings > about > software updates > check for updates

if the system finds the ota it ll ask you to download it, then reboot to recovery to install it....if using twrp it ll auto start the install....if using cwr it ll say install failed bad path or whatever....you ll need to navigate to /sdcard/Download/VIPERdna_ota_1.1.0_1.1.1.zip and manually flash it, and click yes when it asks to install untrusted zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madAdam6LOVE
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Default Re: (Rom)(2.12.13)Team Venom Presents ViperDNA 1.1.1 l Tweaks l OTA l EQS l Venom HUB

Quote:
Nah, it works with any player, even poweramp.

I attached 2 pictures, one from a few months ago showing what should happen, and one from now to show what is happening

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
I'm also missing the lock screen music control since the OTA update. Using Spotify.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S4 ME7 Rooted

Nexus 7 Slimbean

Mechastomper
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
ok noticed this on 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 but NOT on 1.0.1.

I reboot and auto sync turns off and GPS turns off and i have to manually go in and turn sync on and gps back on.

again did not occue on 1.0.1

not sure what else turns off on reboots just those i notice because i use my gps alot and my mail was not coming in and noticed sync was off.

rebooted several times to confirm and yes they turn off on reboot

damonkb30680
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default text is smaller after update

After its I noticed the text and icons are smaller anyone else have this problem?
verizon htc one m8
retired galaxy note 3
retired gs4
retired: Droid DNA
Retired: Samsung GS3
retired htc rezound
Killed: Droid incredible

shizumie
Old
(Last edited by shizumie; 13th February 2013 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Default Re: (Rom)(2.12.13)Team Venom Presents ViperDNA 1.1.1 l Tweaks l OTA l EQS l Venom HUB

Im using military time, not always but sometimes lose part of last digit on clock (top right). Only minor annoyance i have noticed after update. Not really an issue, just wondering if anyone else has it?

Signed with the blood of my DNA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360764751343.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1726429  

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 17052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizumie View Post
Attachment 1726429

Im using military time, not always but sometimes lose part of last digit on clock (top right). Only minor annoyance i have noticed after update. Not really an issue, just wondering if anyone else has it?

hmmm, are you using a font from venom hub?

gobraves00
Old
Thanks Meter 47

Never could get ota to work. So I manually downloaded and went into recovery and got it working. Really enjoying the Rom, thanks for all the hard work.

droid DNA

shizumie
Old
Thanks Meter 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
hmmm, are you using a font from venom hub?
Nope i didnt install any. I did change colors and add a battery icon. But after you said that i went to hub and installed (veggieburger) , which pushed it over nicely.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360765664143.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	1726456  

Tags
hub, ota, tacos are a tasty treat, tweaks, venom, vin is awesome
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe