Originally Posted by X_man_95
When we can expect cm10 or aopk?
AOKP is already ported, but YayaKuya has some trouble uploading the file.. just be patient.. it will ba available shortly. just check these forums and e400roms.blogspot.com.
---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------
Originally Posted by skinlee78
Ok, I'm didn't have much time to test, hope I will have more time today.
Right now my LG is running the UK v10q version.
I have tried to root with the spectrum_root_windows / LG Optimus L3 Root Tool for Linux scripts
- On Windows 7 64bit fail
- On Windows XP SP3 bluescreen
- Ubuntu 10.04.2 no connection, but i notice i have to install the android SDK to trigger the adb driver. Downloading now.
- Right now I'm looking for a Windows 7 32 bit, hope that will do the job.
SuperOneClick didn't root my device with the default 2.3.3 exploits in it. Downloading rageagainstthecage gives me a trojan horse alarm, so i'm not really happy to use this method on my pc. If all fails I will try your solution, but untill now I hope to find a safer solution. Thanks for the tip!!
Okay dude, you are really thinking the wrong way here. adb, android SDK and all those programs dont have anything to do with rooting your device!
what you need to do is:
- make sure you have V10I installed on your phone
- use your windows 7 computer(NOT LINUX
) and a USB 2.0 port
- download the LG Spectrum tools from here: http://vulnfactory.org/public/spectrum_root_windows.zip
- unzip that file to your desktop
- download the LG mass storage drivers from here: http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downl...=UW00120120425
and install it
- enable USB debugging on your phone( settings> applications> development > USB debugging)
- connect your phone to the computer using a USB 2.0 port
- wait until your phone is fully connected to the pc(make sure your phone is turned on)
- run the .bat file in the extracted .zip folder
- follow the steps(if it sais that some process is being started, wait for a couple of minutes, because it might start after a while. if that doenst happen, start it again and because the process is started this time, it will work.)
any other method will most likely not work
good luck and tell me if this worked
PS. one thing I dont get: how can you change your stock version everytime if your phone is not rooted?? isnt it just rooted already?
Hit the THANKS
button if I helped you with something