5,593,793 Members 45,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG Optimus L3 (E400)

Tip us?

skinlee78
Old
Thanks Meter 2
No, I need the adb command on Ubuntu, which isn't default enabled. At my work the apt-get install is blocked by the proxy, so I have to test that tonight.

Meanwhile I have tested the script with a clean Windows 7 32 bit, with no firewall and no anti virus software. The same result. Permission denied...
So I'm not sure anymore what i'm doing wrong.

siakniteng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There are new roms that cant be rooted. Try the eu rom v10n. Have you enabled debugging??

OppiFjell
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Re: [Q] LG Optimus L3 (E400)

I have rooted all the roms in my l3. From v10c to v10p

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

misterff1
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_man_95 View Post
When we can expect cm10 or aopk?
AOKP is already ported, but YayaKuya has some trouble uploading the file.. just be patient.. it will ba available shortly. just check these forums and e400roms.blogspot.com.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinlee78 View Post
Ok, I'm didn't have much time to test, hope I will have more time today.

Right now my LG is running the UK v10q version.
I have tried to root with the spectrum_root_windows / LG Optimus L3 Root Tool for Linux scripts
- On Windows 7 64bit fail
- On Windows XP SP3 bluescreen
- Ubuntu 10.04.2 no connection, but i notice i have to install the android SDK to trigger the adb driver. Downloading now.
- Right now I'm looking for a Windows 7 32 bit, hope that will do the job.

SuperOneClick didn't root my device with the default 2.3.3 exploits in it. Downloading rageagainstthecage gives me a trojan horse alarm, so i'm not really happy to use this method on my pc. If all fails I will try your solution, but untill now I hope to find a safer solution. Thanks for the tip!!
Okay dude, you are really thinking the wrong way here. adb, android SDK and all those programs dont have anything to do with rooting your device!
what you need to do is:

- make sure you have V10I installed on your phone
- use your windows 7 computer(NOT LINUX) and a USB 2.0 port
- download the LG Spectrum tools from here: http://vulnfactory.org/public/spectrum_root_windows.zip
- unzip that file to your desktop
- download the LG mass storage drivers from here: http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downl...=UW00120120425 and install it
- enable USB debugging on your phone( settings> applications> development > USB debugging)
- connect your phone to the computer using a USB 2.0 port
- wait until your phone is fully connected to the pc(make sure your phone is turned on)
- run the .bat file in the extracted .zip folder
- follow the steps(if it sais that some process is being started, wait for a couple of minutes, because it might start after a while. if that doenst happen, start it again and because the process is started this time, it will work.)

any other method will most likely not work

good luck and tell me if this worked

PS. one thing I dont get: how can you change your stock version everytime if your phone is not rooted?? isnt it just rooted already?
Hit the THANKS button if I helped you with something

skinlee78
Old
(Last edited by skinlee78; 13th February 2013 at 12:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterff1 View Post
AOKP is already ported, but YayaKuya has some trouble uploading the file.. just be patient.. it will ba available shortly. just check these forums and e400roms.blogspot.com.[COLOR="Silver"]

- download the LG mass storage drivers from here: http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downl...=UW00120120425 and install it

PS. one thing I dont get: how can you change your stock version everytime if your phone is not rooted?? isnt it just rooted already?
The driver link gives me access denied, but it seems to be an other one i'm using.

About the changing the stock rom, I use the official kdz flasher with official kdz files. Shouldn't i be able to do this without root?

chinthyrev
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hello guys. Can anyone tell me how to increase my internal memory(Phone Memory 160MB)? I used titanium backup to move apps to sd. But it only has 35MB left. I saw some things called swap or something like that. Can someone tel me about that?

StanTRC
Old
Thanks Meter 622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeesh vijayan View Post
progress?? boot??
I need some more kernel modules to build. They are not set in the defconfig.

misterff1
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Default Re: [Q] LG Optimus L3 (E400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinlee78 View Post
The driver link gives me access denied, but it seems to be an other one i'm using.

About the changing the stock rom, I use the official kdz flasher with official kdz files. Shouldn't i be able to do this without root?
As far as i know kdz doesnt work without root, but im not sure.. the driverlink can be found on the product support page of the lg l3(just look for it on the LG site)
Hit the THANKS button if I helped you with something

ajeesh vijayan
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinthyrev View Post
Hello guys. Can anyone tell me how to increase my internal memory(Phone Memory 160MB)? I used titanium backup to move apps to sd. But it only has 35MB left. I saw some things called swap or something like that. Can someone tel me about that?
swap internal external SD(Google it)

..you need root..or use link2sd.. you need to partition external SD.. both fat32 stock rom..primary fat32 secondary ext2 cm9..use mini tool
THANK ME IF I HELPED.....

Device : Samsung Galaxy s captivate kitkat with xposed framework

Device : LG OPTIMUS L3
Rom :CYANOGENMOD 9 ICS 4.0.4 with XPOSED FRAMEWORK and OVERCLOCK 1GHz with RAM EXPANDER
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeesh vijayan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skinlee78
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterff1 View Post
As far as i know kdz doesnt work without root, but im not sure.. the driverlink can be found on the product support page of the lg l3(just look for it on the LG site)
I know su isn't installed on my phone, and superuser.apk the same story, so as far as i know my phone isn't rooted at all.
The 2 download links you gave me I already tried, and give me exactly the same result.
I already used the same driver, and also the same script (and many others).

But why you say this problem hasn't anything to do with adb? Edit run.bat and see how many adb commands are in it. Without adb this script will certainly fail. I think i'm going to use the Rageagainstthecage exploit tomorrow on a network disconnected pc, hope that it will help.

Thanks anyway for all the good suggestions and help.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe