Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New update incoming

Tip us?

Fastlivin
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've tried restarting a few times, and once and a while now I'll get a message saying there is no newer version of the software ready. Does this sound symptomatic of anyone's experience, SIM card or otherwise?

crackeyes
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
the update is not out yet they just letting you know its coming. Should be very soon but you know how it goes. May be slated for one day and then last minute testing finds a bug then it get delays. That is why most companies do not give a hard date of the software coming out
Straight Talk (ATT) - M7/One - ATT branded - Rooted and S-off
If i have helped you in any way hit thanks ,Like my work buy me a beer!
The Following User Says Thank You to crackeyes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frostywinter
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Will the DNA need to be online with Verizon (not wifi) to get the update?

Or can the update be also received via WiFi - I have a DNA in Australia on a Telstra Sim.. so will I be able to get the update over here...

Tks

MicroMod777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: New update incoming

I'll be checking for updates all day Wednesday.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

broons
Old
Thanks Meter 13

For those of us who have held out unlocking so far, any speculation whether this will break the jcase method?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Dainin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone verify if OTA rootkeeper works on the DNA?

On my phone the status shows everything but "Protected su copy available" checked. I run "Protect Root" and it says protected su saved, however, the box next to "Protected su available" never shows checked.

docnok63
Old
Thanks Meter 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by broons View Post
For those of us who have held out unlocking so far, any speculation whether this will break the jcase method?
I've been told not to worry about it unless it has a new hboot...and before you ask: http://bit.ly/12LXLDw
My is rollin' wit...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaysinsalot
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am also wondering what the process would be if there is a new radio. Would that require going back to relocked, unrooted?
Currently just changed the kernel after unlocking and rooting. Have yet to flash a rom.

beaups
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysinsalot View Post
I am also wondering what the process would be if there is a new radio. Would that require going back to relocked, unrooted?
Currently just changed the kernel after unlocking and rooting. Have yet to flash a rom.
It's very unlikely that either mine or Jcase's method will work after the update. A new exploit will most likely need to be discovered.
The Following User Says Thank You to beaups For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BBEgo
Old
Thanks Meter 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63 View Post
I've been told not to worry about it unless it has a new hboot...and before you ask: http://bit.ly/12LXLDw
LOL ok, that was funny!

Sent from my HTC DNA
If you feel like you need to ask for 'thanks' in the signature section of every post, you probably don't deserve it.