XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Saving your theme

Tip us?

alexyaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: Saving your theme

Just to show you guys what the finished them looks like here is a couple of screenies. Again this is not my theme I just compiled moto Alexander and kinda crap

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360743259650.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1725869   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360743271331.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1725871   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360743290534.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1725873  

Thebear j koss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7574

This is only going to work for whatever rom you are currently using. If you switch roms or update this one you would have to re flash the theme and mods you applied. You can't just pull the theme out and apply it to anything.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Here's a thread on empty flushable templates. Hope it helps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2136746
Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY I represent the worst in man...

Thebear j koss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7574
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexyaz View Post
Just to show you guys what the finished them looks like here is a couple of screenies. Again this is not my theme I just compiled moto Alexander and kinda crap

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
all system ui's are different from rom to rom and from different updates. that's why you see so many changelogs in roms and themes and mods. framework is different thru each as well. there is no easy solution except to try swapping out system ui and framework res from the update to what you use now. there is no telling if it will work. that's why devs go thru so much testing before releasing a finished product.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexyaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I have been on Galaxy mod since rls 11 and been flashing the same 3 files. I am just looking for a way to skip flashing all of this after flashing a rom. If it can't be done then it cant be done just looking to save some time after flashing a rom lol

Thebear j koss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7574
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexyaz View Post
I have been on Galaxy mod since rls 11 and been flashing the same 3 files. I am just looking for a way to skip flashing all of this after flashing a rom. If it can't be done then it cant be done just looking to save some time after flashing a rom lol
check the link i posted on empty flashable templates, you may find your answer in there. i know of no easy way to combine different themes and mods you've flashed to carry over into 1 easy step. you may find a way to flash the systemui and framework res only which holds all those features in that thread. i have no idea if it will work or not though... usually changes like that have to be done in individual steps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexyaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss View Post
check the link i posted on empty flashable templates, you may find your answer in there. i know of no easy way to combine different themes and mods you've flashed to carry over into 1 easy step. you may find a way to flash the systemui and framework res only which holds all those features in that thread. i have no idea if it will work or not though... usually changes like that have to be done in individual steps.
Thanks for all of your help j kross originally i thought this was just going to be a dead thread but it turned out to be very insightful.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexyaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
mentose457 Old
Thanks Meter

Another option would be zipthemer or metamorph. You can then apply your theme to about any rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thebear j koss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7574

Not a problem. And you should do a little research on the 2 options above. I have heard of them, as I use morphology themes myself, but I have yet to create my own and transferred anything over. I usually just pull apart what I can and use things.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

alexyaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
how do you make theme with metamorph or zip themer do you need to download a program for your computer I have a Mac so my options are limited

Thebear j koss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7574

Here, do some reading up on zip themer and metamorph. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=888171. I would get a little know how on decompiling and recompiling system ui's. And get to know 7zip on your Mac. I believe zip themer and metamorph have programs available in the play store. Good luck.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

Tags
theme help