Tip us?

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
Really? Sh*t didn't know that. Stupid issue since it shouldn't affect the OTA reading the build.prop but somehow it does, eh? Apologies folks.

My advice still stands for all file asserts, however. If it's failing on a file, use the methods I posted above. And please don't post until you've at least tried.

Yeah that's really weird because that's not how getprop in edify is supposed to work. You mount system first and it's supposed to grab those from the build.prop.

As for having an actual image for tilapia. Shouldn't 6.0.2.3 work?
download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-tilapia.img

and he's using TWRP, so same difference?
techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tilapia/openrecovery-twrp-2.4.1.0-tilapia.img
Yes those should work. People ran into that same issue back when JOP40D rolled out 3 months ago. People were using grouper recoveries and the asserts were failing when checking device. I'll bet you dollars to donuts his recovery was designed for Grouper. All he should need to do is flash a tilapia recovery and he should be all set.
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
(Last edited by osm0sis; 13th February 2013 at 01:43 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11524
Again, frigging weird if you know how getprop works. Thanks for the info!

Oh, about the nakasig bootloader, I can pretty much guarantee it will also be 4.18, since I checksummed 4.13 for both devices when I was writing my BootUnlocker Script guide and they were exactly the same.

Edit: There we go!
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

Ydnaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Can someone who has updated a 3G Nexus 7 to 4.2.2 do me a favor? ......
Baseband 1231_0.17.0_1205

Bootloader 4.18
The Following User Says Thank You to Ydnaroo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydnaroo View Post
Baseband 1231_0.17.0_1205

Bootloader 4.18
Thanks buddy!
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE

xtcme
Old
Thanks Meter 8
If anyone is curious and it may have been mentioned, but I used the tool ( not wugs) in development thread to flash stock then downloaded the 4.2.2 patch and ran it and am running 4.2.2 just fine. Though o was willing to flatten my device completely with tool, I had all my pics and music in cloud. Hope this helps. 4.2.2 runs quite a bit faster then 4.2.1 and faster then I remember 4.1.2. Happy flashing.

jaysus145
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnassel View Post
I got this error, too.
I fixed it by downloading the factory image from here https://developers.google.com/androi.../images#nakasi and extracted the file with this tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1921399
Then I copied it with RootExplorer to /sytem/bin, chmodded it with 755 and after that the update worked.
I've attached the extracted debuggerd - so only the last step is necessary.
Thank you sir! I appreciate the leg work.

tdizzle404
Old
Thanks Meter 1081

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

I had the error and the easiest way I found to get 4.2.2 to flash was to use wugs toolbox from his sticky in development and just flashed the stock image.
You can also back your device up with his program So DO THAT and I also backed up my internal storage because this method wipes every thing, But any ways flash stock then root. Boot phone ,set up phone update super su app and busy box installer then flash twrp via goo then download ota keeper and remove root. Boot into recovery and flash the update zip that is posted in the op. Reboot and your good.
You will have to update sdk if you want to use adb.
Stock 4.2.2 is really amazing so far.
And thanks for the help guys

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Htc Droid DNA
Grouper
A Must Read for Noob to Dev!
^^^^A good read while you let your phone sit for 10
If Ive helped you please hit THANKS

ALD3
Old
(Last edited by ALD3; 13th February 2013 at 06:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 132
Default Re: [REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

Updated SDK and still unable to see device......not just adb, I mean the computer does not see my nexus 7. 3 desktops, 1 laptop all with win7 32 or win7 64. They all see all my other android devices, I know its weird. Does anyone one know how I could get back to another version, so I could start over? Tablet works fine, its just with no USB and no micro sdcard is hard but I do use several cloud devices.
Even having trouble using xda on nexus
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium
If I helped AT&T Galaxy S4,Galaxy Tab 8.9 AT&T4G-Nexus 7,Acer A210-Sero 7 Pro,AT&T Pantech Element 4G

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Anybody get ApplicationsProvider.apk Status 7?

I'm on JOP40D stock deodex with root, stock kernel. Is the deodex causing issues? Flashing with CWM. Grouper.

amircesc4
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Confirmed, Nakasig 4.2.2 still has "swipe-bounce-back" issue and no tethering either! Disappointed!
Overall feel smother tho...
Sigh~