5,598,980 Members 31,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working Google Wallet for Sprint GNote 2!

Tip us?

jamesey
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Default Re: Working Google Wallet for Sprint GNote 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjc89 View Post
My installation of google wallet worked for one boot, and then stopped working after that and won't let me back in the wallet app. So is there a way to wipe the secure element without going in wallet app?
You can reset the app by logging into googke wallet through your computer and click devices then disable. It does not fix secure element not responding error

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

lennykravitz2004
Old
(Last edited by lennykravitz2004; 13th February 2013 at 11:17 AM.) Reason: spelling OCD
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by babiegurl36 View Post
I have a quick question. I have the old Google wallet patch (r87) on my phone and I just want to get rid of it altogether. Can I just restore to my previous backup without (without gw) and be done with it or do I have to manually delete it? Thanks in advance!

Im on the regular ljc rooted stock rom if that matters.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
From what I've read, go into Wallet on the phone FIRST, "Reset Google Wallet App" in Wallet settings on phone, then uninstall Wallet. I realize this doesn't really help those with the SE error or FC's, but for those who still can access the app and want to uninstall, do a quick search on "uninstall Google Wallet", and make sure you read up on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjc89 View Post
My installation of google wallet worked for one boot, and then stopped working after that and won't let me back in the wallet app. So is there a way to wipe the secure element without going in wallet app?
I had the same problem on my first Note II, and your question/issue seems to be the "$200 Asurion Question", at least that's how it turned out for me. I was never able to find anything on fixing the "Unfortunately Google Wallet has stopped responding" error and FC. That's the point I tried (what turned out to be) a fatal reset on my phone, which in turn gave me the fatal "Secure Element" error. All that was after trying any/all of my nandroid backups too.

Hopefully some of this helps somebody else avoid my issues and also avoid the $200 replacement fee (assuming you also have the Protection Plan).
www.globalsoap.org

Don't worry... about a thing... 'cause every little thing... gonna be all right...
The Following User Says Thank You to lennykravitz2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KEYofR
Old
Thanks Meter 214

I've factory reset snd flashed new roms and nandroids several times without uninstalling or resetting wallet. Most of the time wallet will make me set up again the first time I run it after a new flash but I've never done it manually before flashing or resetting. It still works fine.

Whatever is killing the secure elements, it's not that simple and we don't know what it is yet.

It may not *hurt* to clear wallet before any major changes, but it's probably a false sense of security to simply say you have to do that to avoid problems. In fact, it may hurt. The clearing operation may be a slightly risky one vs simply leaving it alone. We just don't know yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Seems like the obvious answer is stop building this easily destroyable part into $700 devices permanently. If it can be so easily destroyed, then duh it should be removable and replaceable, either by itself or as part of something else like battery or battery cover.

If that makes the battery too special and too expensive to manufacture, then maybe the battery cover.

Or maybe just make the chip have a special erase-only mode that doesn't require encryption. Gee that sounds like a no-brainer I would have said on day one. Too bad I wasn't consulted

babiegurl36
Old
(Last edited by babiegurl36; 13th February 2013 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 80

I'm not getting the secure element error. I just want to uninstall it from my stock rooted phone. I thought if I flashed my backup (the one I have before installing GW), I would be done and ok. Is it safe to do that since I still have the r87 one installed and it no longer works anyway?

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

[QUOTE=lennykravitz2004;37933114]From what I've read, go into Wallet on the phone FIRST, "Reset Google Wallet App" in Wallet settings on phone, then uninstall Wallet. I realize this doesn't really help those with the SE error or FC's, but for those who still can access the app and want to uninstall, do a quick search on "uninstall Google Wallet", and make sure you read up on this.

Thanks for the reply but since my version of Google wallet is outdated, the app wont let me do anything other than update it. I just want to get it off of my phone without getting this error that others have been receiving. Can I really log onto my computer and disable it that way then do a restore of my backup? I'm not trying to do a factory reset. I just want to go back to my previous backup that I had before installing GW.

mikelav456
Old
Thanks Meter 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesey View Post
I think I read every thread and there never was a fix despite being over a year for some models. Google needs to step up and remote reset SE. Apparently I am sol Unfortunately it's still being used.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry to hear it.

So what should I do to protect myself when flashing a new ROM? what exactly should I he wiping?

jamesey
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
I've factory reset snd flashed new roms and nandroids several times without uninstalling or resetting wallet. Most of the time wallet will make me set up again the first time I run it after a new flash but I've never done it manually before flashing or resetting. It still works fine.

Whatever is killing the secure elements, it's not that simple and we don't know what it is yet.

It may not *hurt* to clear wallet before any major changes, but it's probably a false sense of security to simply say you have to do that to avoid problems. In fact, it may hurt. The clearing operation may be a slightly risky one vs simply leaving it alone. We just don't know yet.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Seems like the obvious answer is stop building this easily destroyable part into $700 devices permanently. If it can be so easily destroyed, then duh it should be removable and replaceable, either by itself or as part of something else like battery or battery cover.

If that makes the battery too special and too expensive to manufacture, then maybe the battery cover.

Or maybe just make the chip have a special erase-only mode that doesn't require encryption. Gee that sounds like a no-brainer I would have said on day one. Too bad I wasn't consulted

I couldn't agree more on both accounts and that is why I tried my spare cover in hopes they learned their lesson from the Galaxy Nexus SE Bricks and put the SE, NFC, and antenna in the cover. I think it's obvious Google can clear it, but it may take years before they put out a fix if ever. You would think Samsung would say "Hey stop making us replace boards and remotely clear the SE for these people". I'm debating whether to contact Samsung for RMA. I have a feeling they'll just say it's not supported in the Note 2.

For the record i made several purchases using GW. I am on the same rom. Haven't flashed anything since I started using GW. Now I get that error. Changing battery temporarily is all I did. I think it was a fluke incident of hardware breakage of the chip. I very much agree clearing or not before flashing makes no difference. If it's going to break it will break when it's ready to break. GW team says it's a rare occurance.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelav456 View Post
Sorry to hear it.

So what should I do to protect myself when flashing a new ROM? what exactly should I he wiping?

People claim it's safer if you go into the GW app and use the reset option from within the app before you flash a ROM. I didn't flash a ROM and mine broke so i'm not believing it prevents anything Pleny of users factory reset and flash without touching GW and it works just fine.

babiegurl36
Old
(Last edited by babiegurl36; 13th February 2013 at 07:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 80

Deleted!

mikelav456
Old
Thanks Meter 51
So I just flashed new version of ROM and did a wipe of cache and dalvik. When I booted back up, a working copy of wallet (the newer app) was uninstalled. I restored from TB and set it back up. It went all the way through and everything looked like it was working, but then... it kept crashing in the background and when I went to open it it asked for my pin, which I would enter, then ask again, and would not let me enter the app no matter how many times I entered the pin. I uninstalled and reinstalled but had same issue again (could settup, but then the pin issue).

Am I SOL?

lennykravitz2004
Old
(Last edited by lennykravitz2004; 13th February 2013 at 08:48 PM.) Reason: clarity
Thanks Meter 25
By no means am I an expert, and as a matter of fact, several people have refuted my statements. No problem with that at all. I'm just trying to pass along some info I've found helpful to me in my situation, such as this about restoring from (or better yet, NOT to restore from) TiB and Wallet...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...le-wallet.html

Yes, different device, "nevertheless"...

www.globalsoap.org

Don't worry... about a thing... 'cause every little thing... gonna be all right...

mikelav456
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennykravitz2004 View Post
By no means am I an expert, and as a matter of fact, several people have refuted my statements. No problem with that at all. I'm just trying to pass along some info I've found helpful to me in my situation, such as this about restoring from (or better yet, NOT to restore from) TiB and Wallet...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...le-wallet.html

Yes, different device, "nevertheless"...

Thanks. Wish I knew that before....

I can't believe I destroyed GW for myself...so mad right now.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

FWIW: So I just disabled the app from the website, wiped data via TB and uninstalled via TB, installed a fresh copy (pushed apk to system/app), reboot, setup...and it seems to be working fine!

Tags
google wallet, nfc