Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.0.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 9/16

Tip us?

Admiral2145
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodduska View Post
Same problem trying to flash cleanrom and cm. I'm not sure whether my sd card is exFat or not but I formatted it with the phone if that helps.

Log was too big to paste, find it attached
Phone is exfat

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bhp117
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Just wondering if anyone can add ' slots ' functionality to twrp?
Before I got the vzw note 2 I have a droid bionic for over a year.
Even though it have a locked bootloader but the devs did some amazing work in creating roms and recovery.
I was using a recovery called safestrap that have twrp integrated to it and it have slots function.
Basically what the slot function do is let you create up to 4 slots so you can flash any roms you like into any slots and still have the stock rom.
The cool thing is you can switch between slots/roms within secs without having to flash your previous backup to restore which ever rom you want to use.
That makes it so much easier for you to try/test a rom you like.
For example
When I was using the bionic with safestrap I created 2 slots. 1 slot I have a jellybean rom . Another slot I have a ics rom. Also I still have the stock ota ics blur
I'll be testing the jellybean rom but its not dd for me so I switch back to the ics rom as dd whenever I goto to work. Switching between the 2 roms just tskes seconds
I dont have to full wipe then reflash/restore anything so its more convenient.

Sorry for the long post but hope someone can figure out how to add that function to twrp so we can have multiple roms available to switch with instead of doing backups and restore all the time

Thanks for reading my blabbing

bigbiff
Old
(Last edited by bigbiff; 11th February 2013 at 01:12 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,717

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Same problem trying to flash cleanrom and cm. I'm not sure whether my sd card is exFat or not but I formatted it with the phone if that helps.

Log was too big to paste, find it attached
Code:
minzip: mmap(995551968, R, FILE|SHARED, 17, 0) failed: Out of memory
It's running out of memory. I will try to step through your procedures in the log and see if I can reproduce. Thanks so much for the log.

Also if you are good with ADB, I can use your help testing.
Phone: OPPO Find 7 QHD
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers

WyoSi
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp117 View Post
Just wondering if anyone can add ' slots ' functionality to twrp?
Before I got the vzw note 2 I have a droid bionic for over a year.
Even though it have a locked bootloader but the devs did some amazing work in creating roms and recovery.
I was using a recovery called safestrap that have twrp integrated to it and it have slots function.
Basically what the slot function do is let you create up to 4 slots so you can flash any roms you like into any slots and still have the stock rom.
The cool thing is you can switch between slots/roms within secs without having to flash your previous backup to restore which ever rom you want to use.
That makes it so much easier for you to try/test a rom you like.
For example
When I was using the bionic with safestrap I created 2 slots. 1 slot I have a jellybean rom . Another slot I have a ics rom. Also I still have the stock ota ics blur
I'll be testing the jellybean rom but its not dd for me so I switch back to the ics rom as dd whenever I goto to work. Switching between the 2 roms just tskes seconds
I dont have to full wipe then reflash/restore anything so its more convenient.

Sorry for the long post but hope someone can figure out how to add that function to twrp so we can have multiple roms available to switch with instead of doing backups and restore all the time

Thanks for reading my blabbing
Someone in the Dev forum has been working on a multi boot version of TWRP. It seems to be non trivial to make work. I asked about it earlier too as I can from a bionic.
Hopefully they can make it work

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

zodduska
Old
(Last edited by zodduska; 11th February 2013 at 04:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff View Post
Code:
minzip: mmap(995551968, R, FILE|SHARED, 17, 0) failed: Out of memory
It's running out of memory. I will try to step through your procedures in the log and see if I can reproduce. Thanks so much for the log.

Also if you are good with ADB, I can use your help testing.
No problem. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with ADB and for some reason my home PC (windows 8) sees multiple android devices when I connect my phone, I was unable to use Casual or Odin because of this.. had to do the unlock on my work pc.

bigbiff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,717

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No problem. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with ADB and for some reason my home PC (windows 8) sees multiple android devices when I connect my phone, I was unable to use Casual or Odin because of this.. had to do the unlock on my work pc.
Created https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-...ect/issues/101 for your issue. I will be testing the fix soon to see if it works.

I replicated this way:
1. Backup Boot/System/Data
2. Factory Reset
3. Install Cleanrom 4.5

The way I am trying to solve this is to have linux drop file cache after creation of the tar files to give memory back to the mmap call in minzip.
Phone: OPPO Find 7 QHD
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk

If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Admiral2145
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.2.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/25

Thx 4 da update!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zodduska
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Seems to be working well for me so far!

Quick question.. I've installed AOSPA and I'm trying to get my SD card to FAT32 without an sd card reader, I'm assuming Wipe External Storage formats to exFat? I'm having the same ASOP SD issues after trying it.

crl95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
for some reason when im trying to update the recovery in goo manager it is telling me my device is not supported. I am running Rootbox does anyone have any idea wat the problem here may be?

gchild320
Old
Thanks Meter 1,330

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.2.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl95 View Post
for some reason when im trying to update the recovery in goo manager it is telling me my device is not supported. I am running Rootbox does anyone have any idea wat the problem here may be?
Getting the same notice running PAC man. Using goo is so convenient, guess I'll use adb

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

@gchild320 <--- Follow on twitter for updates