Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

P7500 Stock Questions

Tip us?

Veilus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default P7500 Stock Questions

Hello all. I'm currently using CM10.1 and since i'm selling the tablet, i thought it would be best to return it to stock and unrooted. When looking at the stock roms, i assume you download the one based on the baseband version.

Does this number change with different custom roms installed? or is it always the same. I'm asking because this tablet was purchased from Hong Kong (HK power adapter) and for some reason it says my baseband is P7500XXLQ8.

When looking at the stock rom of that, it's a release rom for Italy. Unsure on what to do now. Could i just install a european version?

trevormc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilus View Post
Hello all. I'm currently using CM10.1 and since i'm selling the tablet, i thought it would be best to return it to stock and unrooted. When looking at the stock roms, i assume you download the one based on the baseband version.

Does this number change with different custom roms installed? or is it always the same. I'm asking because this tablet was purchased from Hong Kong (HK power adapter) and for some reason it says my baseband is P7500XXLQ8.

When looking at the stock rom of that, it's a release rom for Italy. Unsure on what to do now. Could i just install a european version?
From what I understand, your Baseband number is (at the very least) the modem firmware version.
You will only get software based upon whether it's a GT-P7500 / 7510 etc. wifi or or 3G only etc.
Just make sure you install the right one!
The Following User Says Thank You to trevormc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rafiqmia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilus View Post

You can try this one. However, depending on the 3G / Non 3G version, you can also search from this site

sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-P7500&pcode=TGY&os=1&type=3#firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to rafiqmia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Veilus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have finally updated it to a stock ics. Do i have to install the stock recovery? As it doesnt show the clockwork recovery mode. Can we access samsungs recovery mode? When i hold the power button and down volume is does show some form of recovery mode.