Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Review] *Update 28DEC12* Extremely Thin Smart Cover like Apple "aka Ebay case"

Tip us?

Uh60m Pilot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
I still have not decided if I should wait for my case to completely crack or get another one. It is still trucking along for now.

sent from my perfect 32GB Nexus 7

bsoplinger
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uh60m Pilot View Post
I still have not decided if I should wait for my case to completely crack or get another one. It is still trucking along for now.

Two things. I see the price has gone up a bit done your post, then again what hasn't? The date of your initial review was August, so you got your first crack after 4 months? That's week daily use, i.e. off on weekends?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

browngeek
Old
Thanks Meter 46
My case is cracking all over the place now, I will have to replace it very soon. Grr..

Shahpur.Azizpour
Old
Thanks Meter 36
That's the reason why I opted for the official case after my last smart cover cracked on its own without having been dropped at all.

robbiev80
Old
Thanks Meter 76
My case cracked as well.
Google Nexus 5
Running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Uh60m Pilot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger View Post
Two things. I see the price has gone up a bit done your post, then again what hasn't? The date of your initial review was August, so you got your first crack after 4 months? That's week daily use, i.e. off on weekends?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
I used mine daily. Most weekends it was left in. I rarely used my poetic case. I would like to point out that my case went through hell and back in my pocket. I would like to speculate that I caused the cracks but based on everyone else getting cracks to I do not think that is the case.

afrojoc
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Mine only cracked once since I've had it. I use it daily and the crack hasn't gotten any bigger since it first happened. It's my driver, and I see no reason to get a new one.

Nexus72012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ebay case

Hello, there is also another standard "Ebay case" its like leather (not plastic or tpu)but only has 1 magnet in it and uses a little stick out thing to make a stand. it always falls over and it actually damaged a tiny tiny piece of my nexus 7 about 5mm in the corner of my tablet.
i actually managed to get hold of a grey travel cover by asus for 20 as most ebay cases suck. the only thing GOOD about the 10 ebay case was the stylus and screen protector. but i failed to get the screen protector on, and it went in the bin.

Uh60m Pilot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Default Re: [Review] *Update 28DEC12* Extremely Thin Smart Cover like Apple "aka Ebay case"

Just an update my case ( with a small crack ) is still trucking along just fine. I am still using it daily.

twe69
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Mine has cracked now too, lol!
Its weird as it is not near any of the connector cutouts but it is on the corner.
Have superglued it for the time being.

Might order a branded one that I like the look of, seems similar in thinness.