Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] com.android.phone has stopped

Tip us?

neo_1221
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] com.android.phone has stopped

My DNA has just started popping up the message "com.android.phone has stopped" and crashing the dialer every time I try to make a call. It worked fine for the first couple weeks I had it, and still works fine apart from making calls. 4G works and I get data. I've tried re-inserting the SIM, doing a factory reset, flashing RUU, and I just got back from the Verizon store where the swapped out the SIM. Nothing has fixed it.

Before I call the VZ warranty department I thought I'd post here and see if anyone had an idea. I'm a little worried they'll see my "Relocked/Tampered" bootloader and tell me I'm SOL. :/

holla420
Old
(Last edited by holla420; 31st January 2013 at 05:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,107
Default Re: [Q] com.android.phone has stopped

Hmm...that didn't work I think there's a tread about this issues somewhere around here

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2
Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper

neo_1221
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by holla420 View Post
Hmm...that didn't work I think there's a tread about this issues somewhere around here

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2
Hmm, I didn't find anything in my (admittedly brief) search. Either way, I gave up and called Verizon warranty service. The rep was very helpful and agreed to send me a new phone.

uppon2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_1221 View Post
Hmm, I didn't find anything in my (admittedly brief) search. Either way, I gave up and called Verizon warranty service. The rep was very helpful and agreed to send me a new phone.
Wow, it would never be that easy to get a replacement in Australia
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle

neo_1221
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
Wow, it would never be that easy to get a replacement in Australia
Just to be clear, my "new" phone is actually "recertified like-new". And I have to send the old one back or pay full price for it. And if they find evidence of damage or tampering on the old phone I'll get charged $300. But yeah, aside from that it was pretty easy.

ergotelis
Old
(Last edited by ergotelis; 13th February 2013 at 12:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Guys, i am having the same problem! On every call i get com.android.phone has stopped ! Does anyone had the same and found a solution?!

I tried 3 custom roms(viper hatka and another one) no work, reflashed back to stock, problem remains!
I am also living overseas! Is this a problem?

neo_1221
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just out of curiosity, do you still have the little flap covering your microUSB port? I got annoyed with mine and yanked it out...now I'm wondering if it damaged the antenna.

ergotelis
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have removed it too, no way this thing can affect the operation!

mike_augie
Old
Thanks Meter 97
It has to do with someone on you facebook or contacts has a birthday on Feb 29 find out which one it is delete the contact sync for that person or change the birthday

ergotelis
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for the reply, have you experienced the same problem in htc DNA?

The solution you are giving is kinda strange, as i haven't passed any contacts or fb account to my mobile and the problem persists. Of course, i had done this one in the past, lets check what you just said, thanks!