FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] com.android.phone has stopped

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By neo_1221, Junior Member on 31st January 2013, 05:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My DNA has just started popping up the message "com.android.phone has stopped" and crashing the dialer every time I try to make a call. It worked fine for the first couple weeks I had it, and still works fine apart from making calls. 4G works and I get data. I've tried re-inserting the SIM, doing a factory reset, flashing RUU, and I just got back from the Verizon store where the swapped out the SIM. Nothing has fixed it.

Before I call the VZ warranty department I thought I'd post here and see if anyone had an idea. I'm a little worried they'll see my "Relocked/Tampered" bootloader and tell me I'm SOL. :/

31st January 2013, 05:37 AM |#2  
Flag Atlanta,Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,324

More
Re: [Q] com.android.phone has stopped
Hmm...that didn't work I think there's a tread about this issues somewhere around here

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by holla420; 31st January 2013 at 05:40 AM.
31st January 2013, 10:15 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holla420

Hmm...that didn't work I think there's a tread about this issues somewhere around here

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, I didn't find anything in my (admittedly brief) search. Either way, I gave up and called Verizon warranty service. The rep was very helpful and agreed to send me a new phone.
1st February 2013, 03:46 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,347

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_1221

Hmm, I didn't find anything in my (admittedly brief) search. Either way, I gave up and called Verizon warranty service. The rep was very helpful and agreed to send me a new phone.

Wow, it would never be that easy to get a replacement in Australia
5th February 2013, 06:37 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2

Wow, it would never be that easy to get a replacement in Australia

Just to be clear, my "new" phone is actually "recertified like-new". And I have to send the old one back or pay full price for it. And if they find evidence of damage or tampering on the old phone I'll get charged $300. But yeah, aside from that it was pretty easy.
13th February 2013, 12:36 AM |#6  
Flag Crete
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Guys, i am having the same problem! On every call i get com.android.phone has stopped ! Does anyone had the same and found a solution?!

I tried 3 custom roms(viper hatka and another one) no work, reflashed back to stock, problem remains!
I am also living overseas! Is this a problem?
Last edited by ergotelis; 13th February 2013 at 12:45 AM.
13th February 2013, 05:51 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Just out of curiosity, do you still have the little flap covering your microUSB port? I got annoyed with mine and yanked it out...now I'm wondering if it damaged the antenna.
13th February 2013, 07:28 PM |#8  
Flag Crete

More
I have removed it too, no way this thing can affect the operation!
13th February 2013, 08:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
It has to do with someone on you facebook or contacts has a birthday on Feb 29 find out which one it is delete the contact sync for that person or change the birthday
13th February 2013, 10:39 PM |#10  
Flag Crete

More
Thanks for the reply, have you experienced the same problem in htc DNA?

The solution you are giving is kinda strange, as i haven't passed any contacts or fb account to my mobile and the problem persists. Of course, i had done this one in the past, lets check what you just said, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread