Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?

Tip us?
 
volfan22
Old
#1  
volfan22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?

Do you guys have any suggestions on which screen protector does the best of keeping the screen clear of fingerprints? I feel like I'm constantly wiping my screen protector off. I am using the screen protectors from vzw.
 
tomcat7165
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan22 View Post
Do you guys have any suggestions on which screen protector does the best of keeping the screen clear of fingerprints? I feel like I'm constantly wiping my screen protector off. I am using the screen protectors from vzw.
I have the same problem.... armour suit-military shield works the best for me..
 
supertoast92
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?

I'm also on the same boat...using a Zagg Ultrashield right now. Although I like the feel of it, its a huge fingerprint magnet. Just looked into an RND anti glare and fingerprint set off Amazon, hopefully it will be better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
 
thunderbolt33
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 185
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Silver Spring
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoast92 View Post
I'm also on the same boat...using a Zagg Ultrashield right now. Although I like the feel of it, its a huge fingerprint magnet. Just looked into an RND anti glare and fingerprint set off Amazon, hopefully it will be better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Let us know how that goes, im looking to buy a new screen protector too, hate having to constantly wipe my screen!
 
volfan22
Old
#5  
volfan22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Re: Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?

I figured I wasn't the only one lol. It feels like every time I take it out of my pocket I'm wiping the screen off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
 
supertoast92
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt33 View Post
Let us know how that goes, im looking to buy a new screen protector too, hate having to constantly wipe my screen!
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan22 View Post
I figured I wasn't the only one lol. It feels like every time I take it out of my pocket I'm wiping the screen off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Same here, except before I put it in my pocket
 
ShelW
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 101
Join Date: Mar 2009
Day Deal has a screen protector for the DNA, described as Anti Glare, which is great at minimizing finger prints and smudges.

It hides most fingerprints, but if you do get any fingerprints or smudges, a quick wipe on your pants or tee-shirt cleans it right up.

Also, the screen looks very good when the device is turned on.

On the negative side, it IS noticable on your screen, when the screen is turned off.

Also, it doesn't go right up to the edges, but it does cover the touch buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Works well with most covers.
 
supertoast92
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jan 2013
Well, Amazon is fast that's for sure. Ordered the screen protector yesterday with free 2-day and it showed up today. It isn't edge-to-edge, which is a bit disappointing as you have to be extremely precise in aligning it with the screen itself. At least it covers the buttons. A plus about not being edge-to-edge is that there's no interference with my case, so I won't have to worry about bubbling up. Guess this will do until I find a better matte set...
 
volfan22
Old
#9  
volfan22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 280
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoast92 View Post
Well, Amazon is fast that's for sure. Ordered the screen protector yesterday with free 2-day and it showed up today. It isn't edge-to-edge, which is a bit disappointing as you have to be extremely precise in aligning it with the screen itself. At least it covers the buttons. A plus about not being edge-to-edge is that there's no interference with my case, so I won't have to worry about bubbling up. Guess this will do until I find a better matte set...

Gosh that was quick! It sounds like it is exactly the same dimensions as the stock ones from vzw. On the sides it just barely covers the screen. But what do you think about it so far? Keeping the fingerprints off good?
 
supertoast92
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jan 2013
Yep, sounds right, this one barely covers the edges of the screen.

I think it's much better than the Zagg I was using in terms of functionality. Keeps fingerprints off relatively well, still get some smears but they come off so much easier than with the Zagg. Plus it feels so much cleaner when swiping...what I was using before made my thumbs feel like they were glued to the screen when I swiped. The only thing I wished is that it was edge-to-edge, but then again, that would probably cause issues with a case.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more