Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] SG Note II in the Philippines

Tip us?

NadMaj
Old
(Last edited by NadMaj; 13th February 2013 at 11:47 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3903
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
Yes, so are they full wipe? Since some of the md5 roms are full wipe while others are not..
as far as i know flashing stock firmwares is at the user's discretion to do a wipe or not.. i'm not used to flashing stock roms., but when i do i only do a full wipe when there's a big gap in the changelist from the one that i am currently using..

EDIT: i have never heard of stock samsung firmwares that requires a full wipe and some do not..

so if there is really something like that please explain it to me or give me a link coz i'm not really aware if or that there's something like different md5 files that requires wipe and some doesn't..

francis820
Old
(Last edited by francis820; 13th February 2013 at 11:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 74
Default Re: [Official] SG Note II in the Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadmaj View Post
as far as i know flashing stock firmwares is at the user's discretion to do a wipe or not.. i'm not used to flashing stock roms., but when i do i only do a full wipe when there's a big gap in the changelist from the one that i am currently using..

EDIT: i have never heard of stock samsung firmwares that requires a full wipe and some do not..

so if there is really something like that please explain it to me or give me a link coz i'm not really aware if or that there's something like different md5 files that requires wipe and some doesn't..
Usually a wipe isn't really necessary except, say for example, jumping from ICS to JB or from stock to custom ROM. Be warned though that there are stock ROMs that DO the wipe for you so if you're caught unguarded then hell on earth is unleashed

Sent from my GT-I9100
Signature:

Stock N7100XXUFND4, Kitkat 4.4.2
GT-N7100 Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Modem XXUFND2

1.0.B.4.154
SW2 Sony Smartwatch 2

EarlZ
Old
(Last edited by EarlZ; 13th February 2013 at 12:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:

This is just basing on my previous experience with flashing stock ROM/Firmwares from my older Samsung devices ( S1/S2/N1 ) some stock ROMs will perform a full wipe while others will not.

EDIT:

3rd time trying OTA and it still says firmware update failed after choosing install.. already rebooted my phone. All stock.

I installed a custom kernel and rooted my phone before but now its back to the stock kernel and I have removed the root, would this cause the issue why as to my update after hitting install when its done downloading?

NadMaj
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3903
Quote:
This is just basing on my previous experience with flashing stock ROM/Firmwares from my older Samsung devices ( S1/S2/N1 ) some stock ROMs will perform a full wipe while others will not.

EDIT:

3rd time trying OTA and it still says firmware update failed after choosing install.. already rebooted my phone. All stock.

I installed a custom kernel and rooted my phone before but now its back to the stock kernel and I have removed the root, would this cause the issue why as to my update after hitting install when its done downloading?

could be... or maybe you still have busybox installed?.. it's at system/xbin.. if you cant update ota just dl the whole firmware and flash..

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
could be... or maybe you still have busybox installed?.. it's at system/xbin.. if you cant update ota just dl the whole firmware and flash..
Im certain I didnt install busybox but yeah, I guess i have to download the whole firmware and reflash... hopefully it wont wipe my data but I've already backed up my stuff..

icyzx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi! good day to all!

would it be possible to install local app for my samsung note 2 N7102 since its navigator area's are all in china places..

thanks

tipsy13
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Quote:
Im certain I didnt install busybox but yeah, I guess i have to download the whole firmware and reflash... hopefully it wont wipe my data but I've already backed up my stuff..
It will not wipe your data, but it's always a good idea to backup yout data amd apps..

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote:

EDIT:

Samsung has, AFAIK, a binary counter so it would know if you've modified and flashed your system.. Try using triangle away and click on the "modified status workaround" to try and fool samsung that you haven't done anything to your system and that it's all stock.. This is not a sound proof solution for your problem though but worth a try, rather than downloading 1Gb of firmware files from the ever so slow hotfile..

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyzx View Post
Hi! good day to all!

would it be possible to install local app for my samsung note 2 N7102 since its navigator area's are all in china places..

thanks
Please elaborate more on this, are you asking if there are local apps? Maps? Gps apps? To try and answer your query, from my understanding , try sygic SE asia, im using that as my primary GPS app..

GT-N7100
Stock XXDMA6
PERSEUS 31.2
CPU @ 1800 MHz
GPU @ 800 MHz

If it aint broke, tweak it!
Tapatalk 2

note2graphics
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys why didn't I receive the OTA ? I flashed my phone to the ph firmware , i think it was the ph or sun firmware.

About using launchers like golauncher. So when I choose go launcher over the touchwiz interface, does touchwiz still run in the background and consume battery ? Or it stays idle and just consumes the device space ?

I want to change icons for some applications without using other programs, can I root it and change the icons permanently ? What do you suggest ? If I can use a program , what do you recommend ?

maxram
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_so View Post
hi guys and wanam,

I just want to ask. ive been trying to connect my phone to my adhoc setup from my laptop.. but the note 2 lte cannot even find the SSID.. I have read that this is a problem with android.. but really cannot find a possible fix.. or maybe im just missing something..

if you guys can point me, possibly a link where i can read the fix for this issue..

i would really appreciate it. thanks!
Adhoc works fine on my note 2. It depends on the wifi card your laptop has. If it's an old laptop about 5 years ago it might notbe suitable for ad hoc with new devices. That or you can download and try connectify program for you laptop

Oh snap! I don't have a witty tapatalk signature!

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Weird. After applying OTA update my phone got hot.

Oh snap! I don't have a witty tapatalk signature!

chev
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by note2graphics View Post
About using launchers like golauncher. So when I choose go launcher over the touchwiz interface, does touchwiz still run in the background and consume battery ? Or it stays idle and just consumes the device space ?
Yes TW is still on the background
PinoyPride !
Xda2> Dopod 838> Dopod 838 pro> HTC dream> Galaxy S1> >Atrix 4g> Galaxy S2> HTC Sensation > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Microsd: 16gb Class 10
Rom: Stock
Rooted with PhilZ Touch Recovery

Device: HTC Sensation Z710e
Microsd: 16gb Class 10
Current Rom: Android Revolution 6.8.0
Hboot: 1.27 JuopunutBear
Battery: 2x Anker 1900MAH and Stock HTC battery