Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Tip us?

RTWright
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Well I had an odd thing happen. I was listening to music, in PowerAmp ( My favorite music app! ), I received a phone call. It cut the music off, obviously as it's supposed to. Then after the call was gone, I could not get the music to work. I also noticed erratic behavior of the Haptic Feedback system. It was hitting twice for every single touch of a button, icon or just about anywhere on the screen. Then the menus started acting up, like the pull-down menu for notifications would not stay down it wouldn't even allow me to pull it down and hold it in place. The entire device started behaving erratically. This has only happened one other time when I tried out a CM 10.1 Nightly Build and had to instantly get it off the device.

So when I noticed the Unofficial RC 2.1 link, I gave that a try and flashed it over the current RC 2 and now everything is back to normal without having to reinstall all my apps and settings for most of them. I'm not even sure how I'd go about explaining this any better or give any further information on it. But I know when the device is acting up from the haptic feedback starting to act up then everything else follows. On top of the haptic hitting twice per single touch, it also is intensified two to three times more than the normal setting ( It vibrations are much more pronounced ). Not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen before but it is an odd one.

So far RC 2.1 is doing great, I seriously love this ROM, it's the best one for my taste in the way I like things on my GS III. Awesome job and hope to see a lot more of it in the future, I certainly have no plans of changing!
DEVICE: SPH-L710 ( Sprint GS3 32GB retiring in 2 months! )
CARRIER: Sprint ( T -2 Months and counting! )
KERNEL: Stock
ROM: Going Stock 4.4.2
RECOVERY:
Philz
RIP: HTC Evo 4G

guirae
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12 View Post
check you PM in about a hour. sending you a test build, let me know if the issue is solved.

Thanks
Flashed the ROM he sent me. Korean Characters going blank issue is fixed! Thanks Cordell!

A piece of knowledge: after I DIRTY flashed the build he sent me, i booted up and was greeted with the pin pattern (lockscreen). When i drew the wrong pattern, it would turn red and let me know i was wrong. but if i got it right, it would go to the boot animation and reboot...couldn't go into the phone. Just a heads up!

Suggestion: Maybe have a 320 DPI (standard) option available for download. Slightly tedious but not hard to change. Interface --> General --> LCD Density--> Push the steps. They actually have scripts when you tap the steps. They are not just for viewing. They will literally guide you through changing the DPI. Do NOT try to erase Play Store data on your own..it messes things up.

Again, thank you Cordell for your hard work!
Sprint Galaxy S3
ROM: SlimBean RC2
Kernel: SlimBean RC2 Kernel
Modem: MA4

diaftia
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr [RC-2] 2-4-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWright View Post
Well I had an odd thing happen. I was listening to music, in PowerAmp ( My favorite music app! ), I received a phone call. It cut the music off, obviously as it's supposed to. Then after the call was gone, I could not get the music to work. I also noticed erratic behavior of the Haptic Feedback system. It was hitting twice for every single touch of a button, icon or just about anywhere on the screen. Then the menus started acting up, like the pull-down menu for notifications would not stay down it wouldn't even allow me to pull it down and hold it in place. The entire device started behaving erratically. This has only happened one other time when I tried out a CM 10.1 Nightly Build and had to instantly get it off the device.

So when I noticed the Unofficial RC 2.1 link, I gave that a try and flashed it over the current RC 2 and now everything is back to normal without having to reinstall all my apps and settings for most of them. I'm not even sure how I'd go about explaining this any better or give any further information on it. But I know when the device is acting up from the haptic feedback starting to act up then everything else follows. On top of the haptic hitting twice per single touch, it also is intensified two to three times more than the normal setting ( It vibrations are much more pronounced ). Not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen before but it is an odd one.

So far RC 2.1 is doing great, I seriously love this ROM, it's the best one for my taste in the way I like things on my GS III. Awesome job and hope to see a lot more of it in the future, I certainly have no plans of changing!
I have had the same exact thing happen constantly. If anything breaks the audio, like a phone call, Pandora going to the next song, fast forwarding in SiriusXM it breaks it. Almost nothing gets it back.

Fresh install with a wipe and downgrade to 2.0 does not fix it. It was rock solid before I did an upgrade to the 2.1 unofficial. Now I can't even get 2.0 to work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaftia View Post
I have had the same exact thing happen constantly. If anything breaks the audio, like a phone call, Pandora going to the next song, fast forwarding in SiriusXM it breaks it. Almost nothing gets it back.

Fresh install with a wipe and downgrade to 2.0 does not fix it. It was rock solid before I did an upgrade to the 2.1 unofficial. Now I can't even get 2.0 to work.

Interesting. I was able to fix it by restoring a 2.0 backup. Maybe there is something in the TB restore (even though I am just getting user apps) or in the Google restore process that is rebreaking things.

RTWright
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Interesting. I was able to fix it by restoring a 2.0 backup. Maybe there is something in the TB restore (even though I am just getting user apps) or in the Google restore process that is rebreaking things.

I did note that on a clean flash after it happened it took me a couple of flashes to get it to work. The Google process of restoring got messed up somehow. What I found was, Google Play still showed a great deal of the apps still as installed on their end. I had to do a single at a time, manual install of the apps that were like that. Then a manual update as well on a few. Basically, any auto update or restore was failing instantly. It's something to do with how Google registers an app installed or not. Problem is, it gets messed up when you flash this ROM as it's the only one in a long time that actually has triggered the full restore option from Google, normally I don't get this from any. It worked perfectly the first time I flashed this ROM, after that it doesn't work to well.

Really wish Google would give us more control over our accounts for organizing and choosing which apps can auto restore and putting in custom categories. I'd like to have them setup in a way I could find certain classes up apps faster that I use frequently ( ie: Music, Camera, Movies, etc.... ). Glad I have TB again, at least I can back up the apps and data separate.
DEVICE: SPH-L710 ( Sprint GS3 32GB retiring in 2 months! )
CARRIER: Sprint ( T -2 Months and counting! )
KERNEL: Stock
ROM: Going Stock 4.4.2
RECOVERY:
Philz
RIP: HTC Evo 4G

hiboi214
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Does acid mod work with this mod?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

HockeyZ39
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have been having mildly jittery/distorted menu scrolling scrolling after the phone has been on for a while. ALL other scrolling is flawless regardless how long the phone has been on. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have an idea what I may be doing to cause this?

Whats weird is after a cache/dalvik wipe the menu scrolling is PERFECTLY smooth. But after the phone has been on for a while the scrolling starts getting jittery/distorted when scrolling again.

I experience the same results regardless if I am in a completely stock state or if I enable my usual tweaks and flash a different kernel. I have tried all the different combinations of the default performance settings with the same results as well.

I tried enabling/disabling scrolling cache via the build.prop but this seemed to make no difference either way.

TIA for any help.

thearch1tect
Old
Thanks Meter 125

Been running the RC 2.1 for a day or two now and running smooth. Only issue I've come across is that I can't send or receive MMS over WiFi. I haven't tried it with something like go SMS yet. I'd like to stick to the stock messaging app if possible. Anyone have a fix for this?

---------------------------------------------
Sent from AOSP S3. Hit the thanks button if I was helpful!

hayzooos
Old
Thanks Meter 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearch1tect View Post
Been running the RC 2.1 for a day or two now and running smooth. Only issue I've come across is that I can't send or receive MMS over WiFi. I haven't tried it with something like go SMS yet. I'd like to stick to the stock messaging app if possible. Anyone have a fix for this?

What kernel are you running? I only ask because I don't have a problem sending (or receiving) MMS over wifi but I'm not using the kernel that comes with the ROM. I've seen a few other people state they were having issues with it as well, so it could be an issue with the stock kernel.

thearch1tect
Old
Thanks Meter 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzooos View Post
What kernel are you running? I only ask because I don't have a problem sending (or receiving) MMS over wifi but I'm not using the kernel that comes with the ROM. I've seen a few other people state they were having issues with it as well, so it could be an issue with the stock kernel.
I'm using ktoonez 2/7 kernel

thearch1tect
Old
(Last edited by thearch1tect; 14th February 2013 at 04:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 125

Anyone experience issues with the time being accurate? Been running the phone since early this morning and noticed the time was off by about a half hour just now.

Edit: a reboot fixed it but seems silly to have to reboot it if the time goes out of wack.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe