Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON

12th February 2013, 09:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I am noticing that whenever I have my bluetooth headset on using the Note 2, the wifi speed degrades considerably. If you are listening to an online song stream, you may not notice as song does not take that much bandwidth for streaming, but if you watch an HD youtube video and listen using bluetooth headset, the video keeps getting stuck waiting for buffering.

Anybody else sees the same problem with Note 2? I am strongly suspecting that it is some sort of bluetooth intervention with wifi that degrades wifi download speed considerably. You could do this experiment by checking your internet speed with/without playing a song over bluetooth headset, and you would see the difference in download speed.
13th February 2013, 01:36 AM   |  #2  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 304

1,923 posts
More
Re: Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON
Wow. Good find. This is a problem.

With bluetooth on the wifi speed is slower, but with streaming audio it's abysmal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360719298739.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1725075   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360719309633.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1725080   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360719321746.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1725081  
13th February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #3  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1,923 posts
More
To those who can test, can you pay results with both a 5ghz and 2.4ghz wifi connection? This could be related to interference and it affects everything from Android phones to Macbooks....

13th February 2013, 06:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
This really sucks that we cannot see any HD video online using the bluetooth headset. I remember trying the S3 and do not remember seeing this issue with it. I wonder if this interference issue is specific to Note 2 only
13th February 2013, 06:16 PM   |  #5  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1,923 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rks0118

This really sucks that we cannot see any HD video online using the bluetooth headset. I remember trying the S3 and do not remember seeing this issue with it. I wonder if this interference issue is specific to Note 2 only

Actually, if you Google something like "bluetooth slow wifi", you'll see that all kinds of phones, tablets and computers have this problem. Some more than others.

Not sure how this can be fixed. If it is caused by interference than using 5ghz wifi could help.

14th February 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
When I connect my Sixaxis controller via bluetooth and the Sixaxis app it almost completely kills my internet. Can't even open Google...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
14th February 2013, 05:24 AM   |  #7  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1,923 posts
More
What a bummer.... look at these speeds with 2.4ghz wifi vs. 5ghz when bluetooth is on. I haven't tried it streaming, but the speeds are already half with 2.4ghz so this must be an issue with radio interference.

My suggestion is that if you can connect to your Internet via a 5ghz wifi router, then do it if you'll be using bluetooth.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360819416644.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1728520  
8th August 2013, 08:40 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP2008

What a bummer.... look at these speeds with 2.4ghz wifi vs. 5ghz when bluetooth is on. I haven't tried it streaming, but the speeds are already half with 2.4ghz so this must be an issue with radio interference.

My suggestion is that if you can connect to your Internet via a 5ghz wifi router, then do it if you'll be using bluetooth.

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that the network speed issue that I reported on my galaxy Note 2, is no more seen i the galaxy S4. I feel there was perhaps some software/hardware issue that was resolved causing this issue to go away (at least speed difference is not noticeable when watching youtube HD videos).
Last edited by rks0118; 8th August 2013 at 09:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rks0118 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 10:58 AM   |  #9  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
More
Quote:

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that the network speed issue that I reported on my galaxy Note 2, is no more seen i the galaxy S4. I feel there was perhaps some software/hardware issue that was resolved causing this issue to go away (at least speed difference is not noticeable when watching youtube HD videos).

Hi, what version are you on the S4? Is it 4.2.2?
20th November 2013, 09:32 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hi ! I have the same problem but in worse ! I can't even update the meteo widget ! If I understood you well, I should go for a 5 GHz connection ... but how do I change this ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread