FORUMS

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON

12th February 2013, 09:26 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I am noticing that whenever I have my bluetooth headset on using the Note 2, the wifi speed degrades considerably. If you are listening to an online song stream, you may not notice as song does not take that much bandwidth for streaming, but if you watch an HD youtube video and listen using bluetooth headset, the video keeps getting stuck waiting for buffering.

Anybody else sees the same problem with Note 2? I am strongly suspecting that it is some sort of bluetooth intervention with wifi that degrades wifi download speed considerably. You could do this experiment by checking your internet speed with/without playing a song over bluetooth headset, and you would see the difference in download speed.
 
 
13th February 2013, 01:36 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Re: Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON
Wow. Good find. This is a problem.

With bluetooth on the wifi speed is slower, but with streaming audio it's abysmal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360719298739.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1725075   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360719309633.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1725080   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360719321746.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1725081  
13th February 2013, 02:13 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Re: Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON
To those who can test, can you pay results with both a 5ghz and 2.4ghz wifi connection? This could be related to interference and it affects everything from Android phones to Macbooks....

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 06:11 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
This really sucks that we cannot see any HD video online using the bluetooth headset. I remember trying the S3 and do not remember seeing this issue with it. I wonder if this interference issue is specific to Note 2 only
13th February 2013, 06:16 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Re: Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by rks0118

This really sucks that we cannot see any HD video online using the bluetooth headset. I remember trying the S3 and do not remember seeing this issue with it. I wonder if this interference issue is specific to Note 2 only

Actually, if you Google something like "bluetooth slow wifi", you'll see that all kinds of phones, tablets and computers have this problem. Some more than others.

Not sure how this can be fixed. If it is caused by interference than using 5ghz wifi could help.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 12:14 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Re: Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON
When I connect my Sixaxis controller via bluetooth and the Sixaxis app it almost completely kills my internet. Can't even open Google...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
14th February 2013, 05:24 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Re: Wifi speed with bluetooth headset ON
What a bummer.... look at these speeds with 2.4ghz wifi vs. 5ghz when bluetooth is on. I haven't tried it streaming, but the speeds are already half with 2.4ghz so this must be an issue with radio interference.

My suggestion is that if you can connect to your Internet via a 5ghz wifi router, then do it if you'll be using bluetooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360819416644.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1728520  
8th August 2013, 08:40 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP2008

What a bummer.... look at these speeds with 2.4ghz wifi vs. 5ghz when bluetooth is on. I haven't tried it streaming, but the speeds are already half with 2.4ghz so this must be an issue with radio interference.

My suggestion is that if you can connect to your Internet via a 5ghz wifi router, then do it if you'll be using bluetooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2


Hey guys, wanted to let you know that the network speed issue that I reported on my galaxy Note 2, is no more seen i the galaxy S4. I feel there was perhaps some software/hardware issue that was resolved causing this issue to go away (at least speed difference is not noticeable when watching youtube HD videos).
Last edited by rks0118; 8th August 2013 at 09:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rks0118 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 10:58 AM |#9  
Member
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that the network speed issue that I reported on my galaxy Note 2, is no more seen i the galaxy S4. I feel there was perhaps some software/hardware issue that was resolved causing this issue to go away (at least speed difference is not noticeable when watching youtube HD videos).

Hi, what version are you on the S4? Is it 4.2.2?
20th November 2013, 09:32 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi ! I have the same problem but in worse ! I can't even update the meteo widget ! If I understood you well, I should go for a 5 GHz connection ... but how do I change this ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes