13th February 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #1751  
Thanks Meter: 4,441

6,900 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshjr

#1 - I have a hardware question for people who know about this kinda stuff,

some governers included in this kernal disable the 2nd CPU core, while other governors keep it running. Does someone know a little more about this process.

Is the 2nd core really disabled and using less power, or is it just idling at the min frequency. If it is disabled, is there a time lagg to get it up and running? I know that the ktoonz conservative governor disables the core when possible. Also what is the difference between deep sleep and running at min clock?

#2 - What is a good program to test CPU stability while undervolting. Right now I am using the fist one I found on the market, and so far it hasn't found any errors. How long should I run this sucker for?

Question 1: I prefer ktoonservative. It does disable second core completely. Not idling. The downside to that is when you need the power, it takes a hiccup to turn it back on. I really dont notice any lag with ktoonservative, as well as i get GREAT battery life.

Question 2: SetCPU is a good one. I ran mine for about 3 minutes. What it does is put a load on the CPU at every frequency level. Reason there isnt a time out, is cause each CPU has differenct frequency levels. I found 3 minutes to be a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfulLover

No it is not. At least not for me, open or closed wifi is not working. I'm running latest everything in my sig.
Wiped and permissions set.

Any workarounds?

If illusion ROM doesnt have the proper ROM commits to make tethering working then of course its not going to work. Flash the latest Illusion ROM and test tethering with the stock kernel. If you cannot tether using secured network then he still needs to implement the commits.
13th February 2013, 05:45 PM   |  #1752  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 30

184 posts
More
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN & ICS][2/8/2013] KT747 - LJ7 - KTweaker
Hey I can't search right now because I'm on xda's app so sorry if this was already answered. Anyone know how to fix the battery drain that migration/0 is causing? Used like 70 % over night
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
13th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #1753  
Flag Saratoga Springs
Thanks Meter: 11

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
With the 2-8 build the "boost_turn_on_2nd_core" functionality doesn't appear to be working.
Is anyone else seeing this result?

I am running CM10.1 - self built (code base 2/11/2013) with Openpdroid
13th February 2013, 07:25 PM   |  #1754  

159 posts
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN & ICS][2/8/2013] KT747 - LJ7 - KTweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by webstas

With the 2-8 build the "boost_turn_on_2nd_core" functionality doesn't appear to be working.
Is anyone else seeing this result?

I am running CM10.1 - self built (code base 2/11/2013) with Openpdroid

Not 100% on this, but I suspect this feature may only work with certain governors... What governor are you using.. Is it possible that the way its built to behave doesn't allow for that functionality? Just a thought.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #1755  
Flag Saratoga Springs

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyJMac

Not 100% on this, but I suspect this feature may only work with certain governors... What governor are you using.. Is it possible that the way its built to behave doesn't allow for that functionality? Just a thought.

I am using ktoonservative
14th February 2013, 05:56 AM   |  #1756  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 39,479

14,571 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyJMac

There is no way that you can test it, it is very momentary and you will never be able to catch it, but trust me it is working
The Following User Says Thank You to ktoonsez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 06:16 AM   |  #1757  

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

There is no way that you can test it, it is very momentary and you will never be able to catch it, but trust me it is working

Agreed.. I'm using ktoonservative on root box, and shes smooth ass silk with the best battery life I've had to date!

Thanks again man... Does indeed kick ass!

The Following User Says Thank You to HazyJMac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 07:21 PM   |  #1758  
Flag Saratoga Springs

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

You're awesome! thanks again.
15th February 2013, 10:25 AM   |  #1759  
Thanks Meter: 24

177 posts
Im using ktoonzconservative governor, it gives me no lag hiccups when playing temple run 2 unlike ondemand.

I have a quick question about something wierd I found. While running a logcat I get this error with the ktoonzconservative governor.

Quote:

Error(-22) changing core status to online

Is this just the 2nd core coming back online because the governor is controlling it? Or is it a bigger error that I should be concerned about.
15th February 2013, 01:20 PM   |  #1760  
Thanks Meter: 20

159 posts
I get the same thing while running a logcat too.

Sent using xda-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, awesomeness, faster then a greased cat on fire on ice skates, goin down a hill!, jolly bean
Previous Thread Next Thread