FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

4.2 random reboots

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By mortek, Junior Member on 15th November 2012, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th February 2013, 06:18 PM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I downloaded the 4.2.2 OTA and installed it via CWM yesterday. I turned back on all location services. Thus far, no reboots. I'm checking Catlog periodically. Plus I also set an Astrid task to be due today. The tell-tale sign of a reboot for me (even when I'm not looking) is the fact that the Astrid reminder will be gone. One day isn't really a significant enough amount of time to declare this fixed. If there's still no rebooting after a week or two, I'll feel more comfortable declaring it fixed.

After disabling all location services in 4.2.1, I only had one reboot over about a month and a half, as compared to a day and a half before. That one reboot was while watching a YouTube video. Most recently, I allowed location via WiFi but left GPS off. Things still stayed stable. Now with 4.2.2 I've got GPS back on. I may even put an HD Widget in the lock screen to see if I can tempt fate further

13th February 2013, 07:41 PM |#282  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Re: 4.2 random reboots
This is good news, waiting for the update for mine, i'm properly fed up with the reboots

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
13th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#283  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I've never experienced a random reboot.
20th February 2013, 04:34 AM |#284  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Turned wireless location service back on and enabled Google Now after getting 4.2.2 update . I have HD Wigets installed and use their lock screens. 5 hours after it rebooted. So back to disabling location service for me I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 02:07 AM |#285  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe99

Turned wireless location service back on and enabled Google Now after getting 4.2.2 update . I have HD Wigets installed and use their lock screens. 5 hours after it rebooted. So back to disabling location service for me I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I haven't had a single reboot since the 4.2.2 update, I also have HD widgets and use the lock screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
24th February 2013, 09:41 AM |#286  
Flag Manchester

More
Mine has been behaving itself too, gonna give it a week or so before i make a final judgement!

27th February 2013, 02:45 AM |#287  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Went from a couple reboots per day before the update to two weeks without one after. Thought all was well and now 3 reboots in 24 hours. No new apps installed recently, but of course there are often updates.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
29th March 2013, 07:04 PM |#288  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just witnessed my first random reboot. I'm using HD widgets. Noticed others said the same.
29th March 2013, 08:02 PM |#289  
Flag Manchester

More
Uptime on mine is now 909 hours, last update fixed it for me thankfully

14th April 2013, 01:36 AM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I only use my Nexus 7 on the weekends but it reboots every few hours on 4.2.2. Pretty frustrating. I removed HD Widgets and it looked ok for awhile but the reboots returned. I think any widget that updates periodically seems to cause it.
2nd August 2013, 06:24 PM |#291  
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalurban

When researching how to find information after random reboot (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077988), user ghardashyan mentioned hes been having random reboots when watching youtube videos. And I had mine reboot when watching trailers in the IMDB app. Anybody else encountered the same behavior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimelive

Mine reboots while watching Youtube videos.

I notice that the video would develop artifacts such as hanging on a certain frame of the video then suddenly it reboots.

Artifacts of video before reboot! This is EXACTLY what happens on my device! And it happens only after some heavy watching of Youtube ( maybe not only ) videos.

I had this issue on 4.1.2 -> 4.2.1 -> 4.2.2 -> CM 10.1.2 ( 4.2.2 )!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread