Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2-13-13 MA5 updated/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Tip us?
 
soulesschild
Old
#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 149
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California

 
DONATE TO ME
Any chance we could get a VZW version or if someone can help me out with modding secMMs on VZW? I went in and edited the mmsconfig and smali (which I think I got the right part) but when I try to install it via flashing, messaging disappears from my launchers and such but the APK is there.
 
fryingpan0613
Old
#62  
fryingpan0613's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,519
Posts: 3,422
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: 11/17/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
Any chance we could get a VZW version or if someone can help me out with modding secMMs on VZW? I went in and edited the mmsconfig and smali (which I think I got the right part) but when I try to install it via flashing, messaging disappears from my launchers and such but the APK is there.
Did you try flashing this one? I have flashed vzw mods and sometimes they work sometimes not.

 
rawdikrik
Old
#63  
rawdikrik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 687
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arlington

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: 11/17/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182 View Post
I used this method (click the "show" button for the old method) it worked fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1840420

Here is how to add the options

https://github.com/shoman94/SHOstock...e6c71b5cc8a2d2
Just want to make sure, you aren't having any Trouble with mms?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Click to view
My Personal Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Setup
Rooted Stock 4.4 with Beast Kernel
 
soulesschild
Old
#64  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 149
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryingpan0613 View Post
Did you try flashing this one? I have flashed vzw mods and sometimes they work sometimes not.

Yea I tried, I'm wondering if there's actually some code somewhere else that's blocking VZW from having that option. Really stupid honestly. It's like some coders at VZW said, hey, wouldn't it be ****ing hilarious if we have the screen come on for every text with no way to turn it off?
 
lbxmobbin_1
Old
#65  
lbxmobbin_1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,648
Posts: 1,412
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawndale
Default Re: 11/17/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

I have an updated mod for ma5 mms I need a tester to try before I update thread...anyone whos on ma5 rom and wants to test just send me a PM

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
rawdikrik
Old
#66  
rawdikrik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 687
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arlington

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: 11/17/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbxmobbin_1 View Post
I have an updated mod for ma5 mms I need a tester to try before I update thread...anyone whos on ma5 rom and wants to test just send me a PM

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Lol... I stated doing the mod and then saw that ma7 just dropped.

fml

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Click to view
My Personal Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Setup
Rooted Stock 4.4 with Beast Kernel
 
lbxmobbin_1
Old
#67  
lbxmobbin_1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,648
Posts: 1,412
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawndale
Default Re: 11/17/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Lol... I stated doing the mod and then saw that ma7 just dropped.

fml

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Lol wow its like we dont even get time to play around with the updates they give us lol well looks like I will make one for MA7 then as well

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
cherylbaker
Old
#68  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 194
Posts: 1,258
Join Date: Jan 2006
Default Re: 2-13-13 MA5 updated/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbxmobbin_1 View Post
Lol wow its like we dont even get time to play around with the updates they give us lol well looks like I will make one for MA7 then as well

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Yeah well all other 2 updates were unofficial. .or should I say unrekeased..
This one is released from sprint or who ever does the releasing

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
 
Cyclonut
Old
#69  
Cyclonut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: 2-13-13 MA5 updated/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Early word is that ma7 (from ma5) is just security patches so probably not any noticeable changes I would guess

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.
Device: Currently HTC One M8 HK Edition Backup: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note™ 3.
Active Rom: Stock Rooted S-Off
Kernel: Custom
Baseband:
External Storage: 128gb UHS class 10 microSDXC
 
lbxmobbin_1
Old
#70  
lbxmobbin_1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,648
Posts: 1,412
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lawndale
Default Re: 2-13-13 MA5 updated/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Good...well can you guys test the updated mod and let me knoe if it works good or any issues that need fixing?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to lbxmobbin_1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes