Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Razr HD & Razr HD MAXX Teardown

OP grant2

13th February 2013, 02:53 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 9

106 posts
Grant2, Did they successfully go back together and work again?
13th February 2013, 09:27 PM   |  #22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 68

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST

Grant2, Did they successfully go back together and work again?

yes both phones are fully functional.
21st February 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #23  
Flag Golden, CO
Thanks Meter: 13

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant2

YES the display appears to be plastic-welded to the bezel! There is no obvious way to separate them. (see pics in main post)

I cannot determine if the glass is fused with display or not.

If the outer glass (digitizer), not the display itself, is broken, do you think a replacement of just the outer glass is possible? Or are you not able to remove just the outer glass? I know you said you weren't sure, but I thought I'd check anyways.

I found a replacement outer glass replacement for about $40 that I was considering buying, otherwise a full screen and digitizer assembly about $220...

[Outer Glass]
[Full Assembly]

I have a diagonal crack on the bottom left corner of my phone from a fluke drop of my phone landing.... It landed face down and a small pebble caught the inner bottom left corner of the screen when it landed and caused a fairly clean crack.
21st February 2013, 10:28 AM   |  #24  
OP Member

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkel

If the outer glass (digitizer), not the display itself, is broken, do you think a replacement of just the outer glass is possible? Or are you not able to remove just the outer glass? I know you said you weren't sure, but I thought I'd check anyways.

The screen appears to be welded or glued to the plastic frame. Without removing the screen from the frame it's impossible to know if the glass can be separated from the screen.

Have a look at the pictures in the first post, you'll see examples of what I think is holding the screen to the frame. If you recognize the bonding method then you may know how to deal with it.
23rd February 2013, 01:11 AM   |  #25  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 319

1,065 posts
More
Quote:

The screen appears to be welded or glued to the plastic frame. Without removing the screen from the frame it's impossible to know if the glass can be separated from the screen.

Have a look at the pictures in the first post, you'll see examples of what I think is holding the screen to the frame. If you recognize the bonding method then you may know how to deal with it.

Moto will replace broken glass for $100.
26th February 2013, 09:56 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Thanks for this post.
2nd March 2013, 08:52 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 47

825 posts
More
Re: Razr HD & Razr HD MAXX Teardown
The EV40 fits in the "normal" razr no maxx ?
3rd March 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 92

198 posts
More
Quote:

I don't think there is room for something about as thick as a credit card. The case can flex a bit, but only in the middle, so anything thicker than a credit card would have to be a decent amount smaller than the battery tray (which is 105mm x 58mm) for the flexing to give more room.

Since the battery case for the xt926 maxx is available, if you have the non-maxx you could purchase the maxx cover, and gain the extra 2mm for the inductive charger.
3rd March 2013, 08:34 AM   |  #29  
OP Member

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyMax

The EV40 fits in the "normal" razr no maxx ?

No it won't; more details in this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN

Since the battery case for the xt926 maxx is available, if you have the non-maxx you could purchase the maxx cover, and gain the extra 2mm for the inductive charger.

WHERE can someone buy the MAXX battery case? that is the missing piece for converting non-maxxes.
5th March 2013, 01:55 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 7

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN

Where can you purchase the Maxx cover I cant find it anywhere??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
razr hd, teardown
Previous Thread Next Thread