Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Tip us?

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 27
There is still a 1-2mm edge but I use my case with an Aluminium bumper so those edges are pretty much un-noticed. To be honest you only see it if you look for it.

noris08
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBountyHunter View Post
There is still a 1-2mm edge but I use my case with an Aluminium bumper so those edges are pretty much un-noticed. To be honest you only see it if you look for it.
thank you!
in that case i will still keep my xtreme guard full body protector. it goes edge to edge, it's clear and it has wet application, which give the possibility to align it perfectly and it's very cheap for the quality it offers
Lg G2 802 International 32Gb
ROM: Depending on the week day

pepeto2001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: [REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Where did you buy it?

I dont find any site who sends it to europe (spain).

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by noris08 View Post
thank you!
in that case i will still keep my xtreme guard full body protector. it goes edge to edge, it's clear and it has wet application, which give the possibility to align it perfectly and it's very cheap for the quality it offers
Maybe but I wasn't happy with the ever so slightly grain on the protector (I had an equivalent one) but with the iSmooth you notice NOTHING. It's that clear. Plus I don't have any marks when using the S-Pen and it's very smooth to touch.

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 821

Quote:
how is ismooth protector, it goes edge to edge or there are still 1-2 mm not coverede on the edges?
Still 1 to 2mm not covered.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!

Liquidretro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Has anyone seen this kickstarter screen protector product? I am thinking I might have to order one although it wont be here in quite some time http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...r?ref=category
The Following User Says Thank You to Liquidretro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess View Post
Still 1 to 2mm not covered.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!
All of them have a cut with some margin. Visible part of the screen glass is covered, while bezel is not to the edge. If you have a case with a decent lip, it will push on the edge of the screen protector and will lift it up if its too close to the edge. The only thing that I don't understand when they have a huge cut around Home button. Edges, that's understandable, but home button big cutout is annoying. Take Spigen for example, it has a thick quality (3H rated film) but a cut around home button too big and you actually feel it as you slide the finger across from the film part to the phone part. I know your finger is constantly in that area hitting Home button or sliding on menu or return.

That's why I like iSmooth cut while still being a thick film

noris08
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeto2001 View Post
Where did you buy it?

I dont find any site who sends it to europe (spain).
here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350670223862...84.m1439.l2649

they ship them from US and it arrive to Europe, in my case Romania, in about 7-8 days. i bought from them 3 times and each time the delivery has been like that.
i used the same full body protector on my former samsung s3 with a back case, and no, the screen protector did not lift on any of the edges. i don't know how hard do you guys press the stylus on the screen, but i don't have any noticeable scratches yet. i belive it's a decent protector for the price they ask.
Lg G2 802 International 32Gb
ROM: Depending on the week day

pepeto2001
Old
(Last edited by pepeto2001; 13th February 2013 at 10:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8

Quote:
here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350670223862...84.m1439.l2649

they ship them from US and it arrive to Europe, in my case Romania, in about 7-8 days. i bought from them 3 times and each time the delivery has been like that.
i used the same full body protector on my former samsung s3 with a back case, and no, the screen protector did not lift on any of the edges. i don't know how hard do you guys press the stylus on the screen, but i don't have any noticeable scratches yet. i belive it's a decent protector for the price they ask.
Sorry. I was asking about ismooth.. but that one seems very interesting too

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBountyHunter View Post
+1 for iSmooth protectors. I think I may have the old ones (very faint light green tinted back covers) but applied them after I was using a full body zagg equivalent protector. It was very easy to apply and was bubble free. I did have a few dust particles under the screen that weren't apparent when applying it but they were easily removed with the provided stickers. As one other poster said it actually improves the smoothness of the stock screen so that's a bonus. There are no marks left when using the S-Pen and it gives a nice polished finish to the phone.

Overall I'm impressed as the clarity of the protector is top notch. You do not notice any distortion or grain on top of your screen. Only one minor complaint is it does show up some finger prints but they are easily removed. In fact it shows much less finger prints and smudges compared to the naked screen. Highly recommended considering it was only 9 equivalent for me to get it shipped from the US to UK. You get a large screen cleaning cloth and three of these protectors with life time warranty. It's a no brainer get the iSmooth and be happy like I am
Where did you buy ismooth?

I cannot find any site sending them to europe.

montymintypie
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeto2001 View Post
Where did you buy ismooth?

I cannot find any site sending them to europe.
Shipitto can send it to Australia for *8.50 + $2 postage so they could probably do something similar for Europe. Slow and double the price though :\