Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ALL LTE discussions here please

OP KennyG123

12th February 2013, 08:53 AM   |  #241  
Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 45
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiopantera

Doesn't mean its truly unlimited. I get throttled between 5-7gigs. Throttled down to around 600kb. Makes Sprint looks fast. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

That's true, but I never need to worry about being billed for going over the limit. Just out of curiosity, how the hell do you use so much data?
12th February 2013, 08:56 AM   |  #242  
Droid2drummer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
626 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: ALL LTE discussions here please
Edit my bad this is att. Im verizon..lol ooopsHmmmm? I've been steady around 160gigs a month. No throttling here. Not that I even believe they throttle 4g. But then again things may have changed. Just looking around and saw this post ...damn I know lots of people that use more than me. However my use is from constant flashing and DL ROMs ..etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
Last edited by Droid2drummer; 12th February 2013 at 09:05 AM.
12th February 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #243  
force70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,076
 
3,473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Re: ALL LTE discussions here please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspah

You're kidding right? Those speeds aren't bad, and like kco88518 said it's just a matter of acquiring more spectrum in the LA area.

Then again, maybe I'm just bias with my grandfathered unlimited data.

I think those speeds are pretty bad dude.This what LTE should look like.i leave my wifi on most of the time which is why u see the icon but i was on lte there..no wifi with those speeds!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360680816520.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1723561  
Last edited by force70; 12th February 2013 at 03:57 PM.
12th February 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #244  
Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 45
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: ALL LTE discussions here please
10 million people in that area with a large amount sporting Android and iOS devices... You're going to have some slowdown on your network. Hell, according to the graph posted earlier Verizon was only getting 3mbps higher.

All things considered, both carriers are doing a decent job. As the technology improves so will speeds. LTE is still a pretty young tech.

Bitch all you'd like but you're going to get considerably lower speeds in higher population areas no matter what carrier you're on. It's the same technology just different spectrums.
Last edited by Jaspah; 12th February 2013 at 04:36 PM.
13th February 2013, 03:51 PM   |  #245  
Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 10
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

I think those speeds are pretty bad dude.This what LTE should look like.i leave my wifi on most of the time which is why u see the icon but i was on lte there..no wifi with those speeds!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Nice Speeds

See I come from S.Korea when our internet speed was 6-7mbps and United States was just getting DSL/Cable at that time.

I cant complain too much since I have unlimted plan I dont want to switch over. I just wish AT&T would read my emails about how you need more towers / spectrum where people use it more than having tower in some farm land saying "LTE EVERYWHERE 10x 3G SPEED" but never realized where I live its more like -10x 3G Speed
13th February 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #246  
kschumake83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag orefield PA
Thanks Meter: 41
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koc88518

Nice Speeds

See I come from S.Korea when our internet speed was 6-7mbps and United States was just getting DSL/Cable at that time.

I cant complain too much since I have unlimted plan I dont want to switch over. I just wish AT&T would read my emails about how you need more towers / spectrum where people use it more than having tower in some farm land saying "LTE EVERYWHERE 10x 3G SPEED" but never realized where I live its more like -10x 3G Speed

In the city people do not NEED the lte speeds, yes I understand you WANT them, but you all can already get great cable modem speeds for your home internet service and there are wifi hotspots everywhere. I have a few friends that live a mile or two away from me that can only get 1 way cable service so they get 1mb down and 56k up, my house is on a major highway so I get 25 down 5 up on my cable modem. Getting people in that situation will account for more money for att, Many of my friends teather their laptops and pay by the gig because the service is so much faster than what they can have otherwise.
14th February 2013, 05:13 AM   |  #247  
force70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,076
 
3,473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Re: ALL LTE discussions here please
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschumake83

In the city people do not NEED the lte speeds, yes I understand you WANT them, but you all can already get great cable modem speeds for your home internet service and there are wifi hotspots everywhere. I have a few friends that live a mile or two away from me that can only get 1 way cable service so they get 1mb down and 56k up, my house is on a major highway so I get 25 down 5 up on my cable modem. Getting people in that situation will account for more money for att, Many of my friends teather their laptops and pay by the gig because the service is so much faster than what they can have otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda prem

I had to upgrade my wifi to the fastest service i could get since it seemed so slow compared to my LTE..I used to get about the same as you..it was driving me nuts lol
14th February 2013, 06:40 AM   |  #248  
oddspec's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag palm bay
Thanks Meter: 1,263
 
2,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Re: ALL LTE discussions here please
Lte in Melbourne fl Orlando
Great speeds
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
16th February 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #249  
Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 10
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschumake83

In the city people do not NEED the lte speeds, yes I understand you WANT them, but you all can already get great cable modem speeds for your home internet service and there are wifi hotspots everywhere. I have a few friends that live a mile or two away from me that can only get 1 way cable service so they get 1mb down and 56k up, my house is on a major highway so I get 25 down 5 up on my cable modem. Getting people in that situation will account for more money for att, Many of my friends teather their laptops and pay by the gig because the service is so much faster than what they can have otherwise.

Yea I understand your point, however I think your missing my main point of this speed. Its that I am PAYING for LTE service speed which is supposedly to be faster than 3G. Now if I cant even get 1mb speed why should i still pay for $40-50 dollars ? thats my main point if a company sells a product they are suppose to deliver it however ATT did not in my area at least.

If there was a way for me to toggle and use 3G only I would. Since 3G is speed is still faster in my area. But our galaxy s3 won't stay on 3g only bummers.
The Following User Says Thank You to koc88518 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 10:34 PM   |  #250  
force70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,076
 
3,473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Re: ALL LTE discussions here please
Quote:
Originally Posted by koc88518

Yea I understand your point, however I think your missing my main point of this speed. Its that I am PAYING for LTE service speed which is supposedly to be faster than 3G. Now if I cant even get 1mb speed why should i still pay for $40-50 dollars ? thats my main point if a company sells a product they are suppose to deliver it however ATT did not in my area at least.

If there was a way for me to toggle and use 3G only I would. Since 3G is speed is still faster in my area. But our galaxy s3 won't stay on 3g only bummers.

Well said...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes