The Hidden Note II

Tip us?

m666p
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default Re: The Hidden Note II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeighbor101 View Post
As I originally stated, I got a cheaper phone I take out as my main. The Note II is my larger Internet/media tool when I need it. I use it at work, home and places you spend a bit of time. You don't let anyone see you put it in or take out from the book. I rarely "read" with the Note II in it. I don't take it out during a commute.

In the gym, if someone opens your locker and goes looking to pilfer your bag, all they see is just a book.

You set up your bluetooth connections before you go out. There is nothing wrong about a few seconds of reading your smartwatch. It just has vibra alerts.
It's illegal to sneak in a gun with a permit to carry in malls and they inspect with metal detectors here. The dumber move if your gun was used against you instead. Disguising would be a smarter move for people to be much safer.

This is a choice you can do to avoid any f*ck situations without ending lives and loss of property. A cheaper phone out in public would likely deter such an ugly incident.

Keep my Note II at home? Hell, no way!

SG Note II rooted with stock 4.1.1
I see ur point bro....
N I apologize for my previous rant it was a bit rude...
But I still feel the books an overkill
The watch n the headset should cover the notifications and phone duties without physically touching the phone
That's wer I would end it but to each his own....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushako View Post
Woah..I didn't know it's that bad that you're thinking about going this far...you're better off just selling the phone. You dont even get to use the phone the way it's meant to be.

Sent from the rabbit hole.
I do use the Note II more than half the time of its operation during the day. I just don't take it out during traveling/commute. I would still be able to download torrents and play music in the background.

This is a smarter choice.

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Droidberg View Post
I know. You have to be rooted to flash it as a system app where even a factory reset won't wipe it. The only thing that would is if the thief knows how to flash a new ROM & I doubt they would. It works with any 5 devices too so when anyone on my plan upgrades, I can just switch it to the new phone & deactivate the old one.

Cerberus isn't some lame find my phone app like Lookout. I downloaded the free trial about a year ago & literally got online to buy it after an hour playing around with it when I saw what all it can do.
Cerberus compliments the hiding book idea. Someone snatches your bag, the thief usually would get the immediate valuable stuff and dumps everything after. There's s change you get the Note II back. If he discovers it, and tries to unlock it wrong, you get a picture. You'll be able to report it for police to take action (somehow).

I'm looking for a bumper frame that prevents the easy removal of the battery and an app that prevents the power button from turn it off without a code. This will really compliment Cerberus. Anyone with info on that?

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by m666p View Post
I see ur point bro....
N I apologize for my previous rant it was a bit rude...
But I still feel the books an overkill
The watch n the headset should cover the notifications and phone duties without physically touching the phone
That's wer I would end it but to each his own....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Yup, it may be overkill with the book, but when you do need to be separated with the Note II? Like the gym scenario?

Precautionary measures will not be a bad thing. I've often heard stories of how actual friends of mine had hold up ordeals. And now my own family member. With the knife already at your side, you can't do much else than cooperate and give up the cheap phone. Not worth getting cut or bleeding to death over. They don't have to know that you have the Note II in the book though.

bushako
Old
Thanks Meter 283

Just out of curiosity where exactly do you live?

Nexus 5 - 32GB - D820 - latest 4.4.4 Mahdi ROM with Franco's Kernel

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - C6833 - White - Latest stock rom and kernel - rooted with Dual Recovery.

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushako View Post
Just out of curiosity where exactly do you live?

Metro Manila. Does it matter much? Most cities have these types of crime. Even first world cities. And I commute everyday.

Syro-One
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hiding your phone in a book. Very cool idea.

I think i will try this too.

Wondering how i can cut out the pages so clean?

HellRa1SeR
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Great Idea. Good work there. Maybe in a few more iterations you will perfect it.

Though I may not use it like this but its definitely a good method to avoid snatching/mugging.
Device History:
Nokia Ngage QD -> Sony Ericsson W700i -> Nokia N70 -> Nokia N72 -> Nokia N81 -> Nokia N79 -> HTC Desire HD -> Samsung Galaxy S2

Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100

ROM:
Stock TW [JB 4.1.2]

Kernel:
3.0.15-CM

MODS ----> Via UOT Kitchen

Suffering from - ORD [Obsessive-ROM Updating Disorder]

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRa1SeR View Post
Great Idea. Good work there. Maybe in a few more iterations you will perfect it.

Though I may not use it like this but its definitely a good method to avoid snatching/mugging.
I'm actually thinking of getting something thick enough to store a bluetooth keyboard. It wouldn't for usage with the book being like a Surface tablet... although that's still cool, literally a notebook on the outside, and the electronic notebook on the inside.

And an extended or external power source to be integrate. But then the version you see here has 13mm of paper and this thin profile would further give the illusion of just a planner. I'm also considering going for just 10mm of paper thickness. I just need to find that notebook.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app

toyfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 8

I openly carry my Note 2 and, when I deem appropriate, concealed carry my Glock 26. I bought the Note 2 to use, not hide and the gun to hide and hopefully never have to use. Not sure where the OP is from but where I live no sane person would risk their life over a damn cell phone by pulling a deadly weapon to forcibly take it in public let alone forcibly enter another's home to commit common theft. Not around here anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Nexus 5 (So long, Samsung!)