Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

{{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14

OP dafoxs

14th February 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #211  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
I appeared to have it working. The setup of a card went fine. Even got the email that I've added a device to my google wallet. The next day it stopped working with "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network". I tried grabbing the apk from the zip1/zip2 files that isn't supposed to check for the device, but it didn't help. I put the file in the system/app folder (and changed permissions). Was I supposed to also put it in the data/app folder?
14th February 2013, 12:15 AM   |  #212  
dafoxs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,889
 
4,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 1/29
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh1

I appeared to have it working. The setup of a card went fine. Even got the email that I've added a device to my google wallet. The next day it stopped working with "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network". I tried grabbing the apk from the zip1/zip2 files that isn't supposed to check for the device, but it didn't help. I put the file in the system/app folder (and changed permissions). Was I supposed to also put it in the data/app folder?

When doing stuff like this, you really need to read through the thread. Unsupported devise only means your rooted. It will still work. If you put it in data it will not work. You need to start over again. Just use the flashes, dont take anything out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$
14th February 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #213  
dafoxs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,889
 
4,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 1/29
Transparent or inverted new wallet depending on what rom your on

Last edited by dafoxs; 14th February 2013 at 12:01 PM.
17th February 2013, 03:59 PM   |  #214  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoxs

When doing stuff like this, you really need to read through the thread. Unsupported devise only means your rooted. It will still work. If you put it in data it will not work. You need to start over again. Just use the flashes, dont take anything out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$

Few of things here.
- The unsupported device message didn't allow any way to continue with the app at all. So, no, it doesn't work.
- "Putting it in data" was a question. I didn't do it. And it still wasn't working.
- I can't flash anything without a custom recovery, UNLESS I can use the update.zip method with the stock recovery. I'm rooted but still using a stock recovery. So "using the flashes" isn't an option. If *YOU* read through the thread, there were suggestions on how to do this with pulling the apk out of the zip files for JUST this use-case.
17th February 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #215  
dafoxs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,889
 
4,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh1

Few of things here.
- The unsupported device message didn't allow any way to continue with the app at all. So, no, it doesn't work.
- "Putting it in data" was a question. I didn't do it. And it still wasn't working.
- I can't flash anything without a custom recovery, UNLESS I can use the update.zip method with the stock recovery. I'm rooted but still using a stock recovery. So "using the flashes" isn't an option. If *YOU* read through the thread, there were suggestions on how to do this with pulling the apk out of the zip files for JUST this use-case.

You would also need the 3 lib files replaced

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$
19th February 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #216  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14
@dafox thanks. I got the app working after the first flash and added my debit card but sometimes my phone gets really slow and get some nfc fc still. Is this normal or I fuc*ed up??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
19th February 2013, 04:51 PM   |  #217  
dafoxs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,889
 
4,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdvd

@dafox thanks. I got the app working after the first flash and added my debit card but sometimes my phone gets really slow and get some nfc fc still. Is this normal or I fuc*ed up??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

You still need to continue with the set up in the op.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$
The Following User Says Thank You to dafoxs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 04:55 PM   |  #218  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14
Sorry to impose but I'm a newbie with Android and rooting but I was able to root my samsung Galaxy S3 I747 ATT but not confident trying to flash a rom yet. I was wondering though why u were having to flash Google Wallet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 04:57 PM   |  #219  
dafoxs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,889
 
4,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14
Because it is only available for the nexus and you need certain files installed to have it working properly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$
19th February 2013, 05:00 PM   |  #220  
dafoxs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,889
 
4,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylan.dean

Sorry to impose but I'm a newbie with Android and rooting but I was able to root my samsung Galaxy S3 I747 ATT but not confident trying to flash a rom yet. I was wondering though why u were having to flash Google Wallet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I can't guarantee what's going to happen if you try this on a s3 it's made for the note2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes