Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14

Tip us?

martyh1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I appeared to have it working. The setup of a card went fine. Even got the email that I've added a device to my google wallet. The next day it stopped working with "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network". I tried grabbing the apk from the zip1/zip2 files that isn't supposed to check for the device, but it didn't help. I put the file in the system/app folder (and changed permissions). Was I supposed to also put it in the data/app folder?

dafoxs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5780

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh1 View Post
I appeared to have it working. The setup of a card went fine. Even got the email that I've added a device to my google wallet. The next day it stopped working with "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network". I tried grabbing the apk from the zip1/zip2 files that isn't supposed to check for the device, but it didn't help. I put the file in the system/app folder (and changed permissions). Was I supposed to also put it in the data/app folder?
When doing stuff like this, you really need to read through the thread. Unsupported devise only means your rooted. It will still work. If you put it in data it will not work. You need to start over again. Just use the flashes, dont take anything out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$

dafoxs
Old
(Last edited by dafoxs; 14th February 2013 at 11:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5780

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 1/29

Transparent or inverted new wallet depending on what rom your on

martyh1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoxs View Post
When doing stuff like this, you really need to read through the thread. Unsupported devise only means your rooted. It will still work. If you put it in data it will not work. You need to start over again. Just use the flashes, dont take anything out.

Few of things here.
- The unsupported device message didn't allow any way to continue with the app at all. So, no, it doesn't work.
- "Putting it in data" was a question. I didn't do it. And it still wasn't working.
- I can't flash anything without a custom recovery, UNLESS I can use the update.zip method with the stock recovery. I'm rooted but still using a stock recovery. So "using the flashes" isn't an option. If *YOU* read through the thread, there were suggestions on how to do this with pulling the apk out of the zip files for JUST this use-case.

dafoxs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5780

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: {{How To}} Flashable Google Wallet 2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh1 View Post
Few of things here.
- The unsupported device message didn't allow any way to continue with the app at all. So, no, it doesn't work.
- "Putting it in data" was a question. I didn't do it. And it still wasn't working.
- I can't flash anything without a custom recovery, UNLESS I can use the update.zip method with the stock recovery. I'm rooted but still using a stock recovery. So "using the flashes" isn't an option. If *YOU* read through the thread, there were suggestions on how to do this with pulling the apk out of the zip files for JUST this use-case.
You would also need the 3 lib files replaced

killerdvd
Old
Thanks Meter 9

@dafox thanks. I got the app working after the first flash and added my debit card but sometimes my phone gets really slow and get some nfc fc still. Is this normal or I fuc*ed up??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

dafoxs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5780

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdvd View Post
@dafox thanks. I got the app working after the first flash and added my debit card but sometimes my phone gets really slow and get some nfc fc still. Is this normal or I fuc*ed up??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
You still need to continue with the set up in the op.

The Following User Says Thank You to dafoxs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daylan.dean
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Sorry to impose but I'm a newbie with Android and rooting but I was able to root my samsung Galaxy S3 I747 ATT but not confident trying to flash a rom yet. I was wondering though why u were having to flash Google Wallet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dafoxs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5780

DONATE TO ME

Because it is only available for the nexus and you need certain files installed to have it working properly

dafoxs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5780

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylan.dean View Post
Sorry to impose but I'm a newbie with Android and rooting but I was able to root my samsung Galaxy S3 I747 ATT but not confident trying to flash a rom yet. I was wondering though why u were having to flash Google Wallet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
I can't guarantee what's going to happen if you try this on a s3 it's made for the note2

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe