Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

OP eclipxe

4th February 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 8

12 posts
Thumbs up my keyboard is now complete!
Thank you so much! Wasn't willing to give up what the stock keyboard had to offer but was seriously missing the auto correct. Not only does this make the keyboard perfect, but the shorter delay on long press is an added bonus that REALLY makes a difference! Great job.
4th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 11

29 posts
Im using this mod, working perfect with WanamLite Rom XXEMA2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120054

edit: dont know if it only works with sgs3.. :-/
Last edited by bollefinn; 4th February 2013 at 08:45 PM.
9th February 2013, 03:34 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
Hello. Just passing through for some help on this. I've tried every method I've read so far and am still unable to get the Note 2 keyboard MOD with auto correct to work properly. (here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120054) I've tried the moving of the SamsungIME.apk to system/app location, set permissions and rebooted but, the keyboard would not pop up, nor was I able to get the setting for the keyboard to open in the keyboard section of setting. Tried to flash two different zip files I found on the site and neither of them worked either. I see it works for many but cannot get it to work for me. I am rooted, deodexed, 4.1.2 and tired of flashing and restarting. LOLOL. I hope it's something simple I am doing wrong. Please help.
10th February 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 36

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid_head

Hello. Just passing through for some help on this. I've tried every method I've read so far and am still unable to get the Note 2 keyboard MOD with auto correct to work properly. (here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120054) I've tried the moving of the SamsungIME.apk to system/app location, set permissions and rebooted but, the keyboard would not pop up, nor was I able to get the setting for the keyboard to open in the keyboard section of setting. Tried to flash two different zip files I found on the site and neither of them worked either. I see it works for many but cannot get it to work for me. I am rooted, deodexed, 4.1.2 and tired of flashing and restarting. LOLOL. I hope it's something simple I am doing wrong. Please help.

I could not get it to work either. I am waiting for the H2O Rom to get updated, within the next couple of days, and it will be baked in the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to randyreed1971 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 04:06 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
sorry but i'm new to this. how exactly do i move this to the system folder and change the permissions?
Last edited by djafropiq; 13th February 2013 at 04:25 AM.
14th February 2013, 12:18 AM   |  #76  
Flag Apopka FL
Thanks Meter: 885

2,048 posts
More
Re: [MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay
Really need this for MA7.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
14th February 2013, 02:13 PM   |  #77  
Flag Apopka FL

2,048 posts
More
can anyone on MA7 or MA5 who knows how to move files into system/apps try this?
please back up your original keyboard(apk and odex if your on it)
Attached Files
File Type: apk SamsungIME.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.13 MB, 23 views)
16th February 2013, 07:12 PM   |  #78  
Flag Los Altos Hills
Thanks Meter: 15

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker

can anyone on MA7 or MA5 who knows how to move files into system/apps try this?
please back up your original keyboard(apk and odex if your on it)

I tried the attached apk in my /system/app dir on stock updated MA7 and the samsung keyboard just didn't work. There was an option in the input selector, but I couldn't open the settings page or get the keyboard to become active. I was able to copy back the original apk and odex files and the sammy kbd works now. I'm not very familiar with odex files, but I noticed after the reboot, no odex file was created. BTW, I also did a cache and dalvik wipe as part of the reboot.

Sent from my phabtastic Galaxy Note II.
The Following User Says Thank You to majjhima For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #79  
Flag Apopka FL

2,048 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjhima

I tried the attached apk in my /system/app dir on stock updated MA7 and the samsung keyboard just didn't work. There was an option in the input selector, but I couldn't open the settings page or get the keyboard to become active. I was able to copy back the original apk and odex files and the sammy kbd works now. I'm not very familiar with odex files, but I noticed after the reboot, no odex file was created. BTW, I also did a cache and dalvik wipe as part of the reboot.

Sent from my phabtastic Galaxy Note II.

Thank you...This is the only thing holding me back from going to MA7 and I'd think this would get updated as soon as the official update came out but I guess the stock keyboard doesn't bother some as much..And I use the spen a lot and don't use 3rd party keyboards.

17th February 2013, 07:57 AM   |  #80  
Flag Apopka FL

2,048 posts
More
Well, In the mean time I found this little gem of an app if anyone on MA7 or MA5 want to give it a shot. I'm on LJC and it works perfectly.

It allows you to use any keyboard you want and it will automatically switch to the Spen keyboard when the pen is removed from the device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2075916

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
keyboard, mod
Previous Thread Next Thread