SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

OP OwenW71

8th February 2013, 08:58 PM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 44

203 posts
More
Hi,

thanks for the app. It helped me pointing out the now famous Sandisk red and gray problem (a 32gig model)
Using the sdcard.org format tool did not help

The app reads 3 bad removal in 3 minutes with this card when it stays at zero with my old Class 4 transcend 32Gig card...

For me the situation is not that bad, because I still can use with no problem the sandisk card on my Acer Tab

I really don't know wether the problem comes from sandisk or from samsung, but they are incompatible...
9th February 2013, 05:30 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I just started experiencing this issue but it seems that shoving a rolled up piece of receipt paper on it fixed the problem for me.
10th February 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #153  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

170 posts
More
Re: SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
I just popped my new Samsung class 10 32GB card. The difference was instantly visible. First, the 'preparing SD card' message came and went much faster, about three seconds compared to over ten with the same size SanDisk. Loading files was about the same time.

I did notice that the card itself fit a bit more snugly in the slot.

My first 32GB SanDisk from Amazon was authentic, I checked with SanDisk customer service. It died about five weeks after getting the phone, but I had use it for months in another phone. I RMA'd it to SanDisk, and the new one they sent me started unmounting after the weeks. I yanked it immediately and put an old 8GB card in until my Samsung showed up. I think that after I format the 32 SanDisk, it should be fine in another device. I hope I caught it in time. I wish I knew what the issue is. Since this is happening with both S3 and N2 phones, I have a hard time believing that Samsung is unaware.

Swyped from the closest Galaxy.
10th February 2013, 03:02 AM   |  #154  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 39

207 posts
More
Just purchased a 16gb PNY card and its been running seven hours no problems. I will report again.

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app
10th February 2013, 07:38 AM   |  #155  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 188

999 posts
More
I think my card may be defective too. I got it on Dec. 27th & I just fired off an email to Sandisk because in the short time I've had it, I've had to format multiple times due to file corruption & "card damaged" messages, it keeps showing up as read-only in my phone, and now tonight it won't let me copy or delete any files. I delete a file, it acts like its deleted, but when I go back to the folder, there it is again!

There must have been some quality control issues at Sandisk recently cause I've never had this problem with their cards before. My old class 6 64gb has worked fine for the past year. Guess I'll be getting a Samsung card next >:|
Last edited by kabuk1; 10th February 2013 at 07:40 AM.
10th February 2013, 05:09 PM   |  #156  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 39

207 posts
More
Nm
Last edited by vseslija; 11th February 2013 at 01:04 AM.
12th February 2013, 05:29 AM   |  #157  

1 posts
Hey guys, my first post:

I have Samsung note GT-N7100 with Android 4.1.2 and Kingston SD card 32Gb.
I have the "SD card unexpectedly removed", and "preparing SD card" on wake up.

However, I found that it only happens if I had previously accessed the SD card in the last session.

Is that helpful?
13th February 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #158  

2 posts
trascend 32 gd
Quote:
Originally Posted by vseslija

I have a transcend 16gb card that worked fine for a year in my old phone. 2 weeks in my note and I am getting the error as well. I guess its not just sandisk cards

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

the issue happens with 32gd transcend as well..... does this spoils d phone???

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpysmalls

Should you really have to Odin a phone that has not been rooted or messed with in any way other than signing into your Google account and installing apps from the market? I know that bad devices go out so I am not holding it against Samsung or T-Mobile, I am just not going to put much more effort into this. If you are going to put an SD slot on a phone it better work.

The strange thing is it is just saying the Card has been removed, not actually removing the card. I was listening to music on the phone while working on my car today and the message "It is now safe to remove your SD Card was displaying in notifications for over 2 hours with the music from the card still playing. It may not be an issue at all since the card has always been available when I try to access it no matter what it might say in the notifications bar.

If this doesn't fix it I will be visiting my friends at the T-Mobile store to raise some hell because a refurbished phone will not cut it.

Fingers are crossed

Your logic seems legit.... but from where can we expect d FIX for this Issue....?????

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Scott

Hey guys, my first post:

I have Samsung note GT-N7100 with Android 4.1.2 and Kingston SD card 32Gb.
I have the "SD card unexpectedly removed", and "preparing SD card" on wake up.

However, I found that it only happens if I had previously accessed the SD card in the last session.

Is that helpful?

Same issue with mine.... bt with 32 gb transcnd sd card... how could we fix this..... does this spoil d phone??? iam more worring abt phone rather than card....
13th February 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #159  
Flag Vincentown
Thanks Meter: 101

296 posts
More
Stock / AOSP / TW
l tried multiple roms with my Sandisk 32 class 10 and i still get the message 4-5 times a day when waking from sleep. Its really annoying.I hope there is an answer to this soon.
14th February 2013, 10:33 PM   |  #160  
Long Island NY
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
More
FWIW, I am also having this sd card problem, with a completely stock ATT Galaxy Note 2 and a 32gb red and gray Sandisk 32gb card. Does anyone have this problem using the 64gb sandisk ultra card?
Last edited by JetFan; 14th February 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread