Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][LINARO][29/09/13][4.3]-SentinelROM v5.00-CM10.2 Source - Fast, Stable[GPL]

OP Sentinel196

14th February 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #91  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,777

3,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes.

This is how it works:

1. I sync the latest CyanogenMod 10.1 source code to my development machine.
2. I add my various modifications and tweaks to the source code.
3. I compile the ROM.
14th February 2013, 12:20 AM   |  #92  

3,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here's the latest news from the CyanogenMod team. Posted a few hours ago....

Quote:

Android 4.2.2 - mr1.1-release

This update is deceptively large in the change department, but still manageable. We are working on the same principle as with the update from 4.1 to 4.2, and are working in 'mr1.1-staging' in our github.

There are quite a few conflicts, which are to be expected as we are more than just a bare AOSP OS, but these will have to be sorted before we start issuing releases based on the 4.2.2 code base.

Key items:

# Lots of translation conflicts.
# There don't appear to be new device repos nor any communication on the usual mailing lists regarding this. Even updated kernel source appears to be missing.
# Some major changes to hardware/qcom/display, which will affect most devices using that. Degree of the impact varies, but this seems to revolve around the new 4-layer composition.

Please don't bug your various maintainers asking 'when?'. These things take time to do properly and rarely apply cleanly. Good work takes effort, and effort takes time.

14th February 2013, 12:26 AM   |  #93  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 219

677 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel196

Here's the latest news from the CyanogenMod team. Posted a few hours ago....

Great! So you will get released this week?

did you look for mass storage?
14th February 2013, 12:30 AM   |  #94  

3,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
As I said, I will release when the code becomes available from CyanogenMod team.

I haven't had a chance to look at Mass Storage yet. I'll look at it over the weekend.

Remember I work on this ROM in my "spare time".
14th February 2013, 01:13 AM   |  #95  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 219

677 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As I said, I will release when the code becomes available from CyanogenMod team.

I haven't had a chance to look at Mass Storage yet. I'll look at it over the weekend.

Remember I work on this ROM in my "spare time".

Yes i know this and i have no problem with that.

In fact I see that you have a HTC like me .. do you think this is possible porting some widgets?
14th February 2013, 03:18 AM   |  #96  

3,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] [10/02/13] [JOP40G] - SentinelROM v3.20 - CM10.1 Source - Fast, Stable, The
It would be very difficult as all the sense widgets require the sense UI to be running.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium
15th February 2013, 03:22 AM   |  #97  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 19

265 posts
More
Re: [ROM] [10/02/13] [JOP40G] - SentinelROM v3.20 - CM10.1 Source - Fast, Stable, The
So I'm having a serious issue.

My tablet isn't turning on. At all. It's plugged in and when I press the power, all it does is flash the little battery with lightning icon. Nothing else. It's also been plugged in for over an hour.

Could it be that it's just completely dead?

If so, that's another problem. Sense I turned it off this morning with 60%, got home and it wouldn't turn on. Could it be that it leaked 60% in 9 hours?
15th February 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #98  

3,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
It sounds to me like your battery is just totally dead. Mine does the same thing (did it on stock ROM too) when its been run totally flat. Usually take 10 min or so before it will turn on.

As for the extreme battery drain, that would have to be a process stuck running on your tablet. There's no apps in the ROM that hog affinity by default and I get almost a week of standby time running this ROM.

When your tablet is charged up, look at the battery stats to see what's hogging affinity.

Are you running a custom kernel?

Of course, it is possible that you've experienced a total system failure. Have you tried booting into the bootloader?

This ROM only flashes the kernel and system partitions, the bootloader is untouched, so there's no way it could cause the a total system failure.
Last edited by Sentinel196; 15th February 2013 at 03:49 AM.
15th February 2013, 05:06 AM   |  #99  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 19

265 posts
More
Quote:

It sounds to me like your battery is just totally dead. Mine does the same thing (did it on stock ROM too) when its been run totally flat. Usually take 10 min or so before it will turn on.

As for the extreme battery drain, that would have to be a process stuck running on your tablet. There's no apps in the ROM that hog affinity by default and I get almost a week of standby time running this ROM.

When your tablet is charged up, look at the battery stats to see what's hogging affinity.

Are you running a custom kernel?

Of course, it is possible that you've experienced a total system failure. Have you tried booting into the bootloader?

This ROM only flashes the kernel and system partitions, the bootloader is untouched, so there's no way it could cause the a total system failure.

It's been plugged in for 3 hours now and still wont turn on. Can't boot into recovery or the bootloader. All it does is show the battery/lightning bolt icon for a couple seconds, then disappears.

When it drained, the tablet was off. I turned it off this morning when I went to work. Came home and tried to turn it on... and, well the same problem I've been having. I haven't changed anything on this, flashed completely stock (per your rom).

I'm freaking out... lol. Especially since I leave on vacation tomorrow morning and was going to take the tablet instead of my laptop.

EDIT: The F**K?! I just tried again and it turned on. Says it's at 0%. I'm seriously cursed when it comes to electronics... and cars... and life... lol
Last edited by jbdavies; 15th February 2013 at 05:08 AM.
15th February 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #100  

3,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you 100% sure the charger you're trying to use is working?

Have you held down the power button for over 10 seconds to do a hard power cycle?

Beyond that there isn't much more I can suggest. As I said before, my ROM doesn't touch the bootloader partition and my kernel runs at stock frequencies and voltages, so unless you've applied your own tweaks and potentially cooked something, it sounds like you've just gotten unlucky with hardware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10.1, cyanogenmod, manta, nexus 10, sentinelrom
Previous Thread Next Thread