Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom] [4.1.2] paranoidandroid [2.57] - [jan22] - page #4999 3.+ beta test

Tip us?

ChronoReverse
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieD81 View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d4mk5ibgui2ybkl

and its down because i dont want people talking about it, its not developed anymore so there is no questions or answers about it. all development has moved to jellybean
I will not say a word about any bugs I run into

Many thanks

RBMacGregor
Old
Thanks Meter 218
JamieD81 I was wondering if you had any of your paranoid repo's up on github. Thanks Rob

JamieD81
Old
(Last edited by JamieD81; 16th February 2013 at 09:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8142

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [rom] [4.1.2] paranoidandroid [2.57] - [jan22]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMacGregor View Post
JamieD81 I was wondering if you had any of your paranoid repo's up on github. Thanks Rob
Nope, if u want to build 4.1.2 you have to use utacka's repo
Nothing for 4.2.2 yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
**Itís not a bug Ė itís an undocumented feature.**

My inbox is NOT a help desk.
G+: JamieD81
Donate: JamieD81
*appreciated and cherished*
The Following User Says Thank You to JamieD81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
not to trivialize the epicly excellent work done by the paranoidandroid team and those who have ported that work to us i717 users (a big thank you to all the aforementioned btw), I was curious that since paranoidandroid is (as i understand it) a series of patches against cyanogenmod (in the case of pa 2.5.7, CM10). is beginning to port paranoidandroid to cm10.1 just a matter of patching the cm10.1 sources (that we know work) with the PA patches and tools?

before anyone shoots me down, this isn't a "when is it going to be ready" post, because I know that good work takes time, I was just wondering if there is currently any work being done to this effect.

I know that there's a PA 2.99 for other phone/tablet models that works on cm10.1 (i'm assuming the reason those devices got pa 2.99 is because cm10.1 came out for them first as there was official 4.2.1/4.2.2 on these devices first, and the i717 didn't have 4.2.x support until just recently). If it really is just a matter of patching cm10.1 i717 sources with the code from pa 2.99 (or whatever the latest build is), how would one go about obtaining such code and making it happen? (while I've been beta testing roms for about 2 years now and know how to file bug reports with actionable intel, I've yet to actually do any rom building of my own (mostly fearing it'll brick my device)).

Thanks!

JamieD81
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgeek View Post
not to trivialize the epicly excellent work done by the paranoidandroid team and those who have ported that work to us i717 users (a big thank you to all the aforementioned btw), I was curious that since paranoidandroid is (as i understand it) a series of patches against cyanogenmod (in the case of pa 2.5.7, CM10). is beginning to port paranoidandroid to cm10.1 just a matter of patching the cm10.1 sources (that we know work) with the PA patches and tools?

before anyone shoots me down, this isn't a "when is it going to be ready" post, because I know that good work takes time, I was just wondering if there is currently any work being done to this effect.

I know that there's a PA 2.99 for other phone/tablet models that works on cm10.1 (i'm assuming the reason those devices got pa 2.99 is because cm10.1 came out for them first as there was official 4.2.1/4.2.2 on these devices first, and the i717 didn't have 4.2.x support until just recently). If it really is just a matter of patching cm10.1 i717 sources with the code from pa 2.99 (or whatever the latest build is), how would one go about obtaining such code and making it happen? (while I've been beta testing roms for about 2 years now and know how to file bug reports with actionable intel, I've yet to actually do any rom building of my own (mostly fearing it'll brick my device)).

Thanks!
paranoid got tired of the whole cm flack from users, they are now AOSP based so no its not so easy to port like cmpa was :P
but im working on 3.0+ so dont worry

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JamieD81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
paranoid got tired of the whole cm flack from users, they are now AOSP based so no its not so easy to port like cmpa was :P
but im working on 3.0+ so dont worry
Thanks for the explanation. I'm rather surprised that PA didn't just end up working with CM, adding their work to the CM project and then everyone can have these features... It doesn't make sense to me why they'd want to prevent good features like these from being added to their rom. and I can definitely see why porting from AOSP would be problematic. PA now has to replicate what CM does AS WELL as creating these new tools and making sure they work. - considering that CM is an open source project, I think that if the CM folks weren't interested in taking the PA patches, they'd at least be fine with forking versions for PA like they've done in the past (just like CM does to google's AOSP each time they drop a new version). *sigh* development politics.

Well, thank you anyhow, and I do look forward to trying out any new releases that you come out with.

JamieD81
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgeek View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I'm rather surprised that PA didn't just end up working with CM, adding their work to the CM project and then everyone can have these features... It doesn't make sense to me why they'd want to prevent good features like these from being added to their rom. and I can definitely see why porting from AOSP would be problematic. PA now has to replicate what CM does AS WELL as creating these new tools and making sure they work. - considering that CM is an open source project, I think that if the CM folks weren't interested in taking the PA patches, they'd at least be fine with forking versions for PA like they've done in the past (just like CM does to google's AOSP each time they drop a new version). *sigh* development politics.

Well, thank you anyhow, and I do look forward to trying out any new releases that you come out with.
because pa team works on nexus devices and aosp is easy to work with there :P
but i can 100% see why they moved off cm and onto aosp so they can move past the "just a mod for cm" thing ppl were going on about for awhile.
they have clearly moved way beyond that and now is a great standalone rom

The Following User Says Thank You to JamieD81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JamieD81
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8142

DONATE TO ME
ahem...

https://plus.google.com/100424255406...ts/CLDZydU98RN

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to JamieD81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Teufel Hunden
Old
Thanks Meter 589

Quote:
Got ants in my pants, makes me wanna do the booty dance

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!
The Following User Says Thank You to Teufel Hunden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 949

DONATE TO ME

Nice !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe