Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 Factory Issue

Tip us?

wolfnumba1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default 4.2.2 Factory Issue

Hey guys,

I am having an issue flashing the stock android 4.2.2, coming from factory 4.2.1 only rooted. I downloaded the factory image from http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...q39-right-now/ when I try to flash the zip file in TWRP i get an error assert failed: apple_patc h_check ("system/app/browserproviderproxy.apk
E: Error in /sdcard/"name of zip file" error flasing zip

the files that it is trying to patch do not exist in the file system. I attempted temp unroot to see if that would do it. The official OTA came through, rebooted recovery but did nothing.

Any suggestions?

affiaff
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Had the same issue with TWRP. With the ClockWorkMod Recovery this part works. If you made any modifikations like camera resolution, enabling of wifi tethering or what else, extract the system.img file from the factory image and flash this first to make sure that you really are on stock 4.2.1 ...

And thats it have fun with the new version 4.2.2

Best regards ...

wolfnumba1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Ah I did not think of that with the wifi tethering, how do I flash the system.img file, using ADB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by affiaff View Post
Had the same issue with TWRP. With the ClockWorkMod Recovery this part works. If you made any modifikations like camera resolution, enabling of wifi tethering or what else, extract the system.img file from the factory image and flash this first to make sure that you really are on stock 4.2.1 ...

And thats it have fun with the new version 4.2.2

Best regards ...

bladebarrier
Old
(Last edited by bladebarrier; 14th February 2013 at 05:50 AM.) Reason: UPDATED
Thanks Meter 13
I'm having an issue here as well.

I'm stock, except I did enable wifi tethering.

I can't update via CWM or OTA, because I get an error during the process.

I tried to pull the system folder out of 4.2.1 and flash that through CWM, but I also get an error when it checks the current system.

EDIT: I finally got updated. It was serious scare for a bit though. The toolkit really messed things up at first. I had to flash back to 4.2.1. After using the toolkit and having failed attempt after failed attempt, I realized I had to reflash the stock recovery first. I was then able flash the stock 4.2.1 image, reflash CWM recovery, and use CWM to install the update. There are still things that are screwy, and I've lost root (the root restore app isn't seeing it as being recoverable, but I'm tired and probably missing something). Anyways, most of my data is in tact, aside from a couple odd issues, so the rest I'll deal with tomorrow. The device does feel more responsive, so I suppose it was worth the bother, but I definitely will not be installing that tethering mod again.