Post Reply

[KERNEL] [Sep 26] ElementalX-8.3.2 | OC | UV | S2W | DT2W | BLN | Sense 5

OP flar2

13th February 2013, 11:28 PM   |  #921  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 767
 
2,283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Re: [KERNEL][Feb3]ElementalX-JB-v2.5 | Sense 4+ | OC | UV | ZRAM | Intellidemand | FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique

Nothing to work on.

Just go ahead and dub the next update "The S2W update." That's just about all that's left that really matters right now :P

Plenty more than just s2w!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #922  
HTC_Phone's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Maryville
Thanks Meter: 1,714
 
1,487 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Been talking with Zarboz over in the Beastmode side, and he says that the kernel isn't booting on the ATT models since it's from Telstra source.. Anyone care to chime in on that problem?
13th February 2013, 11:37 PM   |  #923  
=JKT='s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 262
 
847 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][Feb3]ElementalX-JB-v2.5 | Sense 4+ | OC | UV | ZRAM | Intellidemand | FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique

Nothing to work on.

Just go ahead and dub the next update "The S2W update." That's just about all that's left that really matters right now :P

Anywho enjoy your night out! Gearing up to go drink for 6 hours myself.

I believe the difference will be that the mods will be done to the kernel itself rather than having modules added on top of the stock kernel.

The kernel will probably be built from source with the mods included in it.

Am I right?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 11:58 PM   |  #924  
Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 36
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_Phone

Been talking with Zarboz over in the Beastmode side, and he says that the kernel isn't booting on the ATT models since it's from Telstra source.. Anyone care to chime in on that problem?


I have the Telstra model if you need a tester, most of your testers are probably AT&T users. if you need me to check anything on my version.

It sounds like HTC may have modified the source from what was released, as I thought the AT&T users could use the kernel from the Telstra JB release... Surely they couldn't have...
14th February 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #925  
rohan32's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 5,042
 
1,986 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_Phone

Been talking with Zarboz over in the Beastmode side, and he says that the kernel isn't booting on the ATT models since it's from Telstra source.. Anyone care to chime in on that problem?

I'm able able to boot the stock kernel from HTC Telstra source on AOKP 4.2 and it boots all the way through so I don't think that should happen unless its something weird with sense... (Though ofc nothing works on the kernel such as display, so I can't actually see anything besides knowing it boots as I get feedback from touching the screen).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 01:41 AM   |  #926  
Zarboz's Avatar
Known Scammer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 9,258
 
0 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan32

I'm able able to boot the stock kernel from HTC Telstra source on AOKP 4.2 and it boots all the way through so I don't think that should happen unless its something weird with sense... (Though ofc nothing works on the kernel such as display, so I can't actually see anything besides knowing it boots as I get feedback from touching the screen).

more just get systemrq error on boot with any brand of the source


in sense that iis

kernel builds just fine


im just confused

it was a specific cmdline flag for the droid DNA

so maybe the same for this
Last edited by Zarboz; 14th February 2013 at 01:45 AM.
14th February 2013, 02:04 AM   |  #927  
flar2's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 27,952
 
5,583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
My test build is booting fine

Did you try building pure stock?


Here's the test build, I haven't implemented overclocking, but I have most of the other stuff, s2w, zram, etc.
Download: http://goo.gl/PZ2fj

(s2w and zram have to be enabled manually)
Last edited by flar2; 14th February 2013 at 02:10 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 02:21 AM   |  #928  
flar2's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 27,952
 
5,583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by =JKT=

I believe the difference will be that the mods will be done to the kernel itself rather than having modules added on top of the stock kernel.

The kernel will probably be built from source with the mods included in it.

Am I right?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yes, I have tons of work to do to get this like I want it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #929  
=JKT='s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 262
 
847 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][Feb3]ElementalX-JB-v2.5 | Sense 4+ | OC | UV | ZRAM | Intellidemand | FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2

Yes, I have tons of work to do to get this like I want it.

Wel no pressure, dude. Your hacked stock kernel is still better than a lot of kernels built from source I've tried (not the one xl kernel chefs though. This device has a really solid crew)

I'd be pretty happy using 2.5 indefinitely.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 02:46 AM   |  #930  
katdog75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 151
 
411 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Re: [KERNEL][Feb3]ElementalX-JB-v2.5 | Sense 4+ | OC | UV | ZRAM | Intellidemand | FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2

My test build is booting fine

Did you try building pure stock?


Here's the test build, I haven't implemented overclocking, but I have most of the other stuff, s2w, zram, etc.
Download: http://goo.gl/PZ2fj

(s2w and zram have to be enabled manually)

I flashed it an no issues booting. However I can't seem to figure out how to enable zram and s2w. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't see it in the OP and the instructions in the ICS Elemental thread say to edit the etc/elemental file but I don't see that with this kernel.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in One X Android Development by ThreadRank