Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 40,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FINAL][ROM][ICS 4.0.4][7510][UELPL] - Infamous Tab v3.0 - 3.17.2013

Tip us?

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1731

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h View Post
Anyone flashed this on top of CM10.1? I am running CM10.1 but have some issues with it and would like to try this ROM. I know I should fully wipe the tablet (system/data), but are there certain caveats? I read a few pages back about a bootloop problem when flashing this on top of CM-based ROMs?!
Hey there!

Hrm...nah, you really should be OK. I haven't ventured into 4.2 territory with my tablet because I am just not all that interested in the whole extra bit of having to rearrange folders after the fact if I go backwards (the whole /0/0 thing...)...but no, I would imagine if you're doing a complete wipe including /system and you've got your /sdcard straight you should be just fine.

In an absolute worst case scenario, we've seen some people be successful with flashing 2.12 and then 2.2 dirty over it but that shouldn't be necessary with the recommended full wipe unless something else is jacked up. Just another potential option if you have an issue.

Take a backup and give it a go, and let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks for dropping by man!
Past/Current Devices: Galaxy Tab 10.1 (sold), Galaxy S2 T989D x2, Galaxy S3 T999, Galaxy Note2 I317M (sold), HTC One M8 (current)

TEAM INFAMOUS ON FACEBOOK: CLICK HERE

If you're new, THIS IS REQUIRED READING.
The Following User Says Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kasper_h
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15245

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][ICS 4.0.4][7510][UELPL] - Infamous Tab v2.2 - 1.21.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatt604 View Post
Hey there!

Hrm...nah, you really should be OK. I haven't ventured into 4.2 territory with my tablet because I am just not all that interested in the whole extra bit of having to rearrange folders after the fact if I go backwards (the whole /0/0 thing...)...but no, I would imagine if you're doing a complete wipe including /system and you've got your /sdcard straight you should be just fine.

In an absolute worst case scenario, we've seen some people be successful with flashing 2.12 and then 2.2 dirty over it but that shouldn't be necessary with the recommended full wipe unless something else is jacked up. Just another potential option if you have an issue.

Take a backup and give it a go, and let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks for dropping by man!
Thanks, I'll try and let you know!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9000
Galaxy S:
Mackay ROM 4: http://bit.ly/17lGtyw, with Mackay kernel: http://bit.ly/1bNIipy
Nexus 5: Nameless ROMhttp://bit.ly/1nnsDzF

kasper_h
Old
(Last edited by kasper_h; 9th February 2013 at 09:32 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15245

DONATE TO ME
Works perfectly. Wiped system + factory reset (from TWRP 2.4.1.0). Installed Infamous after adding Polaris+Email to the zip. Restarted and set it up (restored user apps using Titanium without any problem). Then installed A1 kernel. Now all is working perfectly, thanks a lot! If you ever need any help, let me know, have done quite some work on CM-based kernels/roms...

One remark: kii keyboard did not show any updated when looking at it in Google Play, but it still caused a freeze of the tablet upon opening it.

One question: is it possible to use b00sted themes or other themes on this ROM?
Galaxy S:
The Following User Says Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jolobe
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Works perfectly. Wiped system + factory reset (from TWRP 2.4.1.0). Installed Infamous after adding Polaris+Email to the zip. Restarted and set it up (restored user apps using Titanium without any problem). Then installed A1 kernel. Now all is working perfectly, thanks a lot! If you ever need any help, let me know, have done quite some work on CM-based kernels/roms...

One remark: kii keyboard did not show any updated when looking at it in Google Play, but it still caused a freeze of the tablet upon opening it.

Do you know how to install the Samsung email app?

kasper_h
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15245

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolobe View Post
Do you know how to install the Samsung email app?
I added the Email.apk from the second post to the zip before flashing.

Adding samsung ebook reader or polaris office apks to the zip did not work. I removed them and manually installed them to get them to work.
Galaxy S:

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1731

DONATE TO ME

Quote:

Kii is out of beta so that may be why. I will have to update the apk and that will probably fix that problem.

Thanks a TON for the reach-out on the kernel piece! Its like you read my mind, I am really in need of learning how to work with kernels more. I've done some reading but not a whole lot of tinkering. PM me when you have some time to chat man...I do have a question for you!

Also for themes...we have a themer on our team that is working currently on themes and an icon pack for this ROM. I haven't tried b00sted's themes myself but we have our own stuff coming that will be KILLER.

Sent from my Infamous Tab.
Past/Current Devices: Galaxy Tab 10.1 (sold), Galaxy S2 T989D x2, Galaxy S3 T999, Galaxy Note2 I317M (sold), HTC One M8 (current)

CyaN1de
Old
(Last edited by CyaN1de; 10th February 2013 at 04:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29

N/M.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1731

DONATE TO ME
Hi 2.2 users!

It seems most folks are really enjoying this ROM and that makes our whole team very happy! That said, there are several things I am looking into right now for this ROM specifically, on top of the efforts I'm putting into the IOSP project:

- Making it even FASTER out of the "box", with a new baked in custom kernel
- More tweaks to the Supercharger script...I have been messing around and my tab is running like a bat out of hell!
- Visual tweaks to the overall display, and maybe even some THEME support!!

I'm looking to release an incremental update in the next week or so if time and family permit. If you're on TWRP and running 2.2, make sure you have the GooManager app installed so you get an OTA notification in addition to watching this thread! Thank you all for checking us out, and watch my IOSP thread for an update there as well in the coming weeks! I'm committed to providing the best experiences I can for you and really appreciate your feedback.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PookiePrancer
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatt604 View Post
Hi 2.2 users!

It seems most folks are really enjoying this ROM and that makes our whole team very happy! That said, there are several things I am looking into right now for this ROM specifically, on top of the efforts I'm putting into the IOSP project:

- Making it even FASTER out of the "box", with a new baked in custom kernel
- More tweaks to the Supercharger script...I have been messing around and my tab is running like a bat out of hell!
- Visual tweaks to the overall display, and maybe even some THEME support!!

I'm looking to release an incremental update in the next week or so if time and family permit. If you're on TWRP and running 2.2, make sure you have the GooManager app installed so you get an OTA notification in addition to watching this thread! Thank you all for checking us out, and watch my IOSP thread for an update there as well in the coming weeks! I'm committed to providing the best experiences I can for you and really appreciate your feedback.
Do y'all anticipate any issues with heavy theming? I remember one of the teams working on Honeycomb themes went down a huge rabbit hole when they started to theme too much. They made the settings page look awesome, but that changed other UI elements in the browser and other system functions. They'd fix those, and break other things. On and on it went

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1731

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
Do y'all anticipate any issues with heavy theming? I remember one of the teams working on Honeycomb themes went down a huge rabbit hole when they started to theme too much. They made the settings page look awesome, but that changed other UI elements in the browser and other system functions. They'd fix those, and break other things. On and on it went
A fair question sir.

We must be cognizant of that when we start looking into themes, absolutely. Our guys are solid when it comes to this stuff and I'll be testing the crap out of everything before we release it too. We don't want to end up in that type of situation so I can promise we'll do all we can to ensure themes are implemented carefully.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]