Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][official] HTC OneX CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2) release

OP tbalden

13th February 2013, 09:16 PM   |  #10451  
RsurNexusS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 64
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Re: [ROM][official] HTC One X - CyanogenMod 10(4.1)|CM-10.1(4.2,kern3.1.10+OTG)A7[Feb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

* Go to Recovery (CWM)
* Format system
* Format data
* Format cache
* Wide user data
* Reboot into bootloader
* Install the boot.img via fastboot (fastboot boot C:\Users\You\Downloads\boot.img)
* Reboot phone so you go to back to recovery
* Flash the installation zip
* Flash GApps

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

What's the installation zip?

Sent from my beast One X powered by JB RENOVATE
13th February 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #10452  
Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 25
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsurNexusS

What's the installation zip?

Sent from my beast One X powered by JB RENOVATE

Depends what you're installing, but it's the rom itself if you get the point. If you want cm10.1 A6 it's that zipfile..on first page ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to ozzalbatrozz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 09:25 PM   |  #10453  
sabret00the's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 442
 
1,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Re: [ROM][official] HTC One X - CyanogenMod 10(4.1)|CM-10.1(4.2,kern3.1.10+OTG)A7[Feb
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsurNexusS

What's the installation zip?

Sent from my beast One X powered by JB RENOVATE

There are two files attached (linked) in this post. One is the boot.img and the other is the installation zip/ROM/build

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37933244


Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to sabret00the For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #10454  
Senior Member
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Exclamation Random sim error & battery drain
Apparently, next to my battery problems I also get the following issues:

Once or twice a month I would get a sim error, where the phone would ask me for the SIM, today this happened 6-7 times, and I noticed that a large amount of the battery was consumed by searching for network and wifi when I was in transit (there's no network coverage gaps here )

Why could this happen?

I have:
CM 10.1 A6
HBOOT - 1.39.0000
CPLD - None
MICROP - None
RADIO - 5.1204.162.29
Orange Romania Network

Steps: I wiped, installed the zip, fastboot flash the boot.img from the archive then started.
14th February 2013, 12:48 AM   |  #10455  
RsurNexusS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 64
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
hi is it okay to just flash the boot.img from the cm10.1 A7 rom zip if im on hboot 1.36, or do i need to flash a different boot.img?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

There are two files attached (linked) in this post. One is the boot.img and the other is the installation zip/ROM/build

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37933244


Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

so all i have to do is just flash the installation zip in recovery and then flash the rom after that?
I am installing cm10.1 A7

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RsurNexusS

hi is it okay to just flash the boot.img from the cm10.1 A7 rom zip if im on hboot 1.36, or do i need to flash a different boot.img?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------



so all i have to do is just flash the installation zip in recovery and then flash the rom after that?
I am installing cm10.1 A7

ohhhh the installer zip is the same as the romm right? So i just have to install that zip and extract boot.img and install boot.img in fastboot then install the zip in recovery...am i right?
Sorry for being a complete retard
14th February 2013, 01:53 AM   |  #10456  
LuffyPSP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
2,238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsurNexusS

hi is it okay to just flash the boot.img from the cm10.1 A7 rom zip if im on hboot 1.36, or do i need to flash a different boot.img?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------



so all i have to do is just flash the installation zip in recovery and then flash the rom after that?
I am installing cm10.1 A7

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------



ohhhh the installer zip is the same as the romm right? So i just have to install that zip and extract boot.img and install boot.img in fastboot then install the zip in recovery...am i right?
Sorry for being a complete retard

Yes yes, installer zip = rom.

Fastboot flash boot boot.img in bootloader/fastboot mode then flash zip in recovery. Extract the boot.img included inside the particular version you want to use. no need to download separately.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuffyPSP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 02:19 AM   |  #10457  
RsurNexusS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 64
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuffyPSP

Yes yes, installer zip = rom.

Fastboot flash boot boot.img in bootloader/fastboot mode then flash zip in recovery. Extract the boot.img included inside the particular version you want to use. no need to download separately.

oh okay thanks, btw i can just use these instructions to install yes?

Originally Posted by sabret00the
* Go to Recovery (CWM)
* Format system
* Format data
* Format cache
* Wide user data
* Reboot into bootloader
* Install the boot.img via fastboot (fastboot boot C:\Users\You\Downloads\boot.img)
* Reboot phone so you go to back to recovery
* Flash the installation zip
* Flash GApps

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TToivanen

This camera app has the option to use 16:9 aspect ratio, took it from IceColdJelly ROM. Push to /system/app.

so we copy tht apk to the system/app folder, do we have to set permissions or is it fine just like that?
14th February 2013, 04:39 AM   |  #10458  
ataft's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dalian
Thanks Meter: 59
 
274 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
So I've been following this thread since the JB Kernel source was released, and it seems to be developing quite well. I'm on ViperX right now, but looking to get away from Sense. I'm on hboot 1.36, would anyone recommend CM10.1 as a stable daily driver, or is it still a bit young?

Last I tried CM was before the JB kernel release, and battery drain was a bit much.
14th February 2013, 06:08 AM   |  #10459  
xorizont's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 42
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][official] HTC One X - CyanogenMod 10(4.1)|CM-10.1(4.2,kern3.1.10+OTG)A7[Feb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataft

So I've been following this thread since the JB Kernel source was released, and it seems to be developing quite well. I'm on ViperX right now, but looking to get away from Sense. I'm on hboot 1.36, would anyone recommend CM10.1 as a stable daily driver, or is it still a bit young?

Last I tried CM was before the JB kernel release, and battery drain was a bit much.

I'm on CM 10.1 since the 1st Alfa.
Came from viperx.
Battery is perfect. really smooth interface. No lags. No reboots. You should try by yourself


Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to xorizont For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #10460  
LuffyPSP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
2,238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Re: [ROM][official] HTC One X - CyanogenMod 10(4.1)|CM-10.1(4.2,kern3.1.10+OTG)A7[Feb
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsurNexusS

oh okay thanks, btw i can just use these instructions to install yes?

Originally Posted by sabret00the
* Go to Recovery (CWM)
* Format system
* Format data
* Format cache
* Wide user data
* Reboot into bootloader
* Install the boot.img via fastboot (fastboot boot C:\Users\You\Downloads\boot.img)
* Reboot phone so you go to back to recovery
* Flash the installation zip
* Flash GApps

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------



so we copy tht apk to the system/app folder, do we have to set permissions or is it fine just like that?


Easier way would be;

1. Fastboot in bootloader
2. Flash boot.img
3. Go to HBOOT in bootloader, select recovery.
4. Wipe data/cache/dalvik(no need format)
5. Install zip
6. Install gapps.
7. Enjoy.

Sent from One X powered by Cyanogenmod 10.1
Last edited by LuffyPSP; 14th February 2013 at 07:07 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to LuffyPSP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod10, teamndvru
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes