Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][official] HTC OneX CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2) release

Tip us?

RsurNexusS
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Default Re: [ROM][official] HTC One X - CyanogenMod 10(4.1)|CM-10.1(4.2,kern3.1.10+OTG)A7[Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
* Go to Recovery (CWM)
* Format system
* Format data
* Format cache
* Wide user data
* Reboot into bootloader
* Install the boot.img via fastboot (fastboot boot C:\Users\You\Downloads\boot.img)
* Reboot phone so you go to back to recovery
* Flash the installation zip
* Flash GApps

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
What's the installation zip?

Sent from my beast One X powered by JB RENOVATE

ozzalbatrozz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsurNexusS View Post

Depends what you're installing, but it's the rom itself if you get the point. If you want cm10.1 A6 it's that zipfile..on first page ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to ozzalbatrozz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabret00the
Old
Thanks Meter 406
Default Re: [ROM][official] HTC One X - CyanogenMod 10(4.1)|CM-10.1(4.2,kern3.1.10+OTG)A7[Feb

Quote:

There are two files attached (linked) in this post. One is the boot.img and the other is the installation zip/ROM/build

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37933244

The Following User Says Thank You to sabret00the For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m3s_4ev3r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Random sim error & battery drain

Apparently, next to my battery problems I also get the following issues:

Once or twice a month I would get a sim error, where the phone would ask me for the SIM, today this happened 6-7 times, and I noticed that a large amount of the battery was consumed by searching for network and wifi when I was in transit (there's no network coverage gaps here )

Why could this happen?

I have:
CM 10.1 A6
HBOOT - 1.39.0000
CPLD - None
MICROP - None
RADIO - 5.1204.162.29
Orange Romania Network

Steps: I wiped, installed the zip, fastboot flash the boot.img from the archive then started.

----------------
HBoot 1.39
Clockwormod Touch recovery

RsurNexusS
Old
Thanks Meter 63
hi is it okay to just flash the boot.img from the cm10.1 A7 rom zip if im on hboot 1.36, or do i need to flash a different boot.img?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
There are two files attached (linked) in this post. One is the boot.img and the other is the installation zip/ROM/build

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37933244

so all i have to do is just flash the installation zip in recovery and then flash the rom after that?
I am installing cm10.1 A7

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote:
hi is it okay to just flash the boot.img from the cm10.1 A7 rom zip if im on hboot 1.36, or do i need to flash a different boot.img?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

so all i have to do is just flash the installation zip in recovery and then flash the rom after that?
ohhhh the installer zip is the same as the romm right? So i just have to install that zip and extract boot.img and install boot.img in fastboot then install the zip in recovery...am i right?
Sorry for being a complete retard

LuffyPSP
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

ohhhh the installer zip is the same as the romm right? So i just have to install that zip and extract boot.img and install boot.img in fastboot then install the zip in recovery...am i right?
Sorry for being a complete retard
Yes yes, installer zip = rom.

Fastboot flash boot boot.img in bootloader/fastboot mode then flash zip in recovery. Extract the boot.img included inside the particular version you want to use. no need to download separately.

Current Active Device : Google Nexus 5 D821 32GB
Previous Device : HTC One M7 64GB, Nexus 7 2013 32GB LTE, Google Nexus 4 16GB, HTC One X 32GB, Google Galaxy Nexus 16GB, Google Nexus S 16GB, Asus Transformer TF101, Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB, HTC Desire
The Following User Says Thank You to LuffyPSP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RsurNexusS
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuffyPSP View Post
Yes yes, installer zip = rom.

Fastboot flash boot boot.img in bootloader/fastboot mode then flash zip in recovery. Extract the boot.img included inside the particular version you want to use. no need to download separately.
oh okay thanks, btw i can just use these instructions to install yes?

Originally Posted by sabret00the
* Go to Recovery (CWM)
* Format system
* Format data
* Format cache
* Wide user data
* Reboot into bootloader
* Install the boot.img via fastboot (fastboot boot C:\Users\You\Downloads\boot.img)
* Flash GApps

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TToivanen View Post
This camera app has the option to use 16:9 aspect ratio, took it from IceColdJelly ROM. Push to /system/app.
so we copy tht apk to the system/app folder, do we have to set permissions or is it fine just like that?

ataft
Old
Thanks Meter 59
So I've been following this thread since the JB Kernel source was released, and it seems to be developing quite well. I'm on ViperX right now, but looking to get away from Sense. I'm on hboot 1.36, would anyone recommend CM10.1 as a stable daily driver, or is it still a bit young?

Last I tried CM was before the JB kernel release, and battery drain was a bit much.

xorizont
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataft View Post
So I've been following this thread since the JB Kernel source was released, and it seems to be developing quite well. I'm on ViperX right now, but looking to get away from Sense. I'm on hboot 1.36, would anyone recommend CM10.1 as a stable daily driver, or is it still a bit young?

Last I tried CM was before the JB kernel release, and battery drain was a bit much.
I'm on CM 10.1 since the 1st Alfa.
Came from viperx.
Battery is perfect. really smooth interface. No lags. No reboots. You should try by yourself

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to xorizont For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LuffyPSP
Old
(Last edited by LuffyPSP; 14th February 2013 at 06:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 160

Quote:
oh okay thanks, btw i can just use these instructions to install yes?

Originally Posted by sabret00the
* Go to Recovery (CWM)
* Format system
* Format data
* Format cache
* Wide user data
* Reboot into bootloader
* Flash GApps

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

so we copy tht apk to the system/app folder, do we have to set permissions or is it fine just like that?

Easier way would be;

1. Fastboot in bootloader
2. Flash boot.img
3. Go to HBOOT in bootloader, select recovery.
4. Wipe data/cache/dalvik(no need format)
5. Install zip
6. Install gapps.
7. Enjoy.

Sent from One X powered by Cyanogenmod 10.1

Current Active Device : Google Nexus 5 D821 32GB
Previous Device : HTC One M7 64GB, Nexus 7 2013 32GB LTE, Google Nexus 4 16GB, HTC One X 32GB, Google Galaxy Nexus 16GB, Google Nexus S 16GB, Asus Transformer TF101, Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB, HTC Desire

The Following User Says Thank You to LuffyPSP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cyanogenmod10, teamndvru