FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[KERNEL][12/31] rohan.kernel.b7 [Linux 3.0.57][GCC 4.7][2.0ghz][S2W][INTELLI][SIO]

1,979 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,049
 
By rohan32, Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer on 17th September 2012, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th February 2013, 03:44 AM |#921  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I am having problems with wifi after flashing kernel, yes I am flashing boot.img with fastboot prior to zip load.
 
 
13th February 2013, 08:38 PM |#922  
edditnyc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 296
 
More
Rohan, HTCDev posted the 3.1.10 source on the site.


http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

EDIT: Ah you knew.
Last edited by edditnyc; 13th February 2013 at 08:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to edditnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 11:44 PM |#923  
rohan32's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 5,049
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edditnyc

Rohan, HTCDev posted the 3.1.10 source on the site.


http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

EDIT: Ah you knew.

indeed, thanks for the heads up nevertheless.

Flemmard (kernel god ) is actually working on a new 3.4 kernel for us... CAF based, meaning no HTC crap in it, and it will allow us to be fully caught up with Qualcomm's latest patches and such. thats the reason why I haven't ported this kernel to 4.2 yet... as the situation develops I'll see what to do. sit tight
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 08:23 AM |#924  
hv6478's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan32

indeed, thanks for the heads up nevertheless.

Flemmard (kernel god ) is actually working on a new 3.4 kernel for us... CAF based, meaning no HTC crap in it, and it will allow us to be fully caught up with Qualcomm's latest patches and such. thats the reason why I haven't ported this kernel to 4.2 yet... as the situation develops I'll see what to do. sit tight

Impatiently waiting for this! Sweep2wake is amazing, and the lack of it completely terribly horrible. Yet, I love 4.2 for so many reasons. This is gonna be good.
16th February 2013, 07:04 AM |#925  
ToxicWaste's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][12/31] rohan.kernel.b7 [Linux 3.0.57][GCC 4.7][2.0ghz][S2W][INTELLI][SIO
Great rom here. Nice and simple. Fast and stable.

Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
16th February 2013, 01:31 PM |#926  
Senior Member
Flag Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks Meter: 429
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][12/31] rohan.kernel.b7 [Linux 3.0.57][GCC 4.7][2.0ghz][S2W][INTELLI][SIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicWaste

Great rom here. Nice and simple. Fast and stable.

Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

This is a kernel, not a ROM. You flash this over a ROM, like CM10 or a different JB 4.1 ROM.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to pside15 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 03:54 PM |#927  
ToxicWaste's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][12/31] rohan.kernel.b7 [Linux 3.0.57][GCC 4.7][2.0ghz][S2W][INTELLI][SIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pside15

This is a kernel, not a ROM. You flash this over a ROM, like CM10 or a different JB 4.1 ROM.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I know. I just realized I thanked him for the rom, after I flashed this kernel. Oops. Well, kernel is great too. Hahaha. I previously flashed King Kang.

My mistake.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ToxicWaste For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 10:25 PM |#928  
Senior Member
Flag Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks Meter: 429
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][12/31] rohan.kernel.b7 [Linux 3.0.57][GCC 4.7][2.0ghz][S2W][INTELLI][SIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicWaste

I know. I just realized I thanked him for the rom, after I flashed this kernel. Oops. Well, kernel is great too. Hahaha. I previously flashed King Kang.

My mistake.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

That's cool. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think you were flashing a ROM when it was a kernel.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 04:05 AM |#929  
hv6478's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleblack

I am having problems with wifi after flashing kernel, yes I am flashing boot.img with fastboot prior to zip load.

Do a FULL wipe and start from the beginning, ROM/Gapps first, reboot to bootloader, boot.img, reboot to recovery, flash the recovery.zip, reboot and test. Which ROM are you trying to use this with?
19th February 2013, 06:42 PM |#930  
atombone's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Please excuse my ignorance but, once the kernel is flashed and later i install a new CM10 nightly: will i have to flash the kernel again?
19th February 2013, 06:50 PM |#931  
Senior Member
Flag Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks Meter: 429
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atombone

Please excuse my ignorance but, once the kernel is flashed and later i install a new CM10 nightly: will i have to flash the kernel again?


Yep. When you flash a new ROM it flashes the kernel that is included with the ROM as well. Unless you are on the newer HBOOT where you have to flash the boot.img separately, then your old kernel should still be there. If it were me, I'd flash a ROM and then the stock kernel included with the ROM through fastboot, if needed. Make sure everything is running well and then go back and flash Rohan's kernel after that.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes