Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

OP darkhelio

13th February 2013, 06:48 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 3

79 posts
So is it worth it then to buy a DNA now on Verizon or should I want to upgrade my droid x2 for the M7?
13th February 2013, 08:45 PM   |  #72  
Australia
Thanks Meter: 58

896 posts
Re: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryinaninstant

So is it worth it then to buy a DNA now on Verizon or should I want to upgrade my droid x2 for the M7?

If I were you I would just wait for the final specs & design features of the M7 to come out, then decide.

Only you can decide what is really important ultimately in a device.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium
13th February 2013, 08:54 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryinaninstant

Like global said, you might as well wait the next week and just see the final specs of the M7. The other question is whether Verizon will get the M7 at all. From the rumors, I personally would probably go with the M7 but nothing is official anyways right now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
14th February 2013, 12:44 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 21

188 posts
More
Quote:

Ok thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Is there any place that can do it for you just so I make sure I don't mess anything up?

Don't worry about it. Just follow everything carefully and i think there is a IRC that can help you if you do run into any trouble. you got this! I don't believe in paying to root my phone...read guide and follow carefully. good luck.

Quote:

I'm personally waiting to get my phone. If the HTC logo is at the bottom of the phone where the buttons are suppose to be...I dont' think i'll get it even if the specs are better. Only way to not regret waiting is to wait and decide once specs are final. You should however note that it might take a while for it to get out for Verizon... patience in the answer young one ;D hahaha
15th February 2013, 07:32 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 18

394 posts
Doubt Verizon gets the m7 any time soon if at all. If it did I would expect the htc home logo to be replaced with Verizon. I would expect Q3.
15th February 2013, 11:53 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
The HTC m7, while and black a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

HTC M7 vs Xiaomi phone 2
16th February 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 864

2,367 posts
As people have said elsewhere if they get it, it will be akin to the D3 to Bionic, RAZR to RAZR MAXX. That said, it would be a hell of an upgrade. Better battery, stereo speakers, tons more memory.
16th February 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
  • 32GB+ internal storage
  • 2,300 mAh battery
  • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
  • First official use of Sense 5
It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. Thereís not one feature on the DNA thatís superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7ís display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNAís display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If youíre on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers thatís going to carry it. If they donít and you want an HTC device the DNAís still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

One diseagreement, the M7 looks a lot like an iPhone 5, and I think that might deter some Android users. Two clarifications, I don't think that outdoors visibility on the DNA is bad and there are a couple of custom ROMs that do wonders with the existing battery. I agree with everything else you wrote.
17th February 2013, 08:22 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 199

877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinety

Wow, that post was close to incomprehensible. The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone. Samsung has their s3 series, sure they make other phones, but the s3 line is their top product. For Htc, it is there incredible series, usually distinguished by the name, or the red highlighting. The dna is latest phone in that series of great phones.

The m7, while a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna. Regarding s-off, I assume you have not had Htc devices before. S-off always comes, and honestly it's really not that big of a deal anyway. Like others have mentioned, it only makes things slightly easier.

Good luck on your purchase

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

for being so smart ur post is horribly wrong. I'm only chiming in cause I was waiting for HTC to get closer to showing the phone and what the future variant will be for the Sprint eVo line. The DNA was the first release of this M7 phone, Which also means it will be the worst version. I know I'm in a DNA thread but u guys here are just being bias. Sorta how I am with the eVo, but the difference is the eVo is what should be a bit later release on Sprint and have better features which puts it at the top of the new HTC line. As this has been the case the past couple yrs now. Look at last yrs one x. That came out just a month before the eVo 4g lte, but the eVo is at the top of that line. Got the best version with all features, and no horrible tegra 3 chip that some got stuck with. I'm not totally sure but the M7 will probably have the snapdragon 600 and the eVo would probably have the 800.

Swyped from my eVo
Last edited by ryanalan82; 17th February 2013 at 09:04 PM.
17th February 2013, 08:26 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,373 posts
Yes, a phone that will probably come out 6 months after the DNA should be better than the DNA...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread