Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] AOKP 4.4.4 (Kitkat) Task650 (9.10.2014) (Unified)

OP task650

14th February 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #22861  
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
Anyone else having this problem?

When I put the phone on vibrate and then eventually go into spotify and try to play music, i go to turn up volume and it wont. I then remember its on vibrate, go into the settings drop down, turn it on regular (and hear the beep acknowledging it) but the media volume stays locked. I can adjust notification and alarm but not media. I have to reboot the phone to get media volume to unlock to be turned up.

Is this user error or a bug?

Thanks!
14th February 2013, 12:11 AM   |  #22862  
Thanks Meter: 49

253 posts
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task650 (2.10.2013) (AT&T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arktik

Anyone else having this problem?

When I put the phone on vibrate and then eventually go into spotify and try to play music, i go to turn up volume and it wont. I then remember its on vibrate, go into the settings drop down, turn it on regular (and hear the beep acknowledging it) but the media volume stays locked. I can adjust notification and alarm but not media. I have to reboot the phone to get media volume to unlock to be turned up.

Is this user error or a bug?

Thanks!

In settings>sounds>volumes do you have volumes linked?
Also possibly safe headset volume in settings>sounds, try unchecking it. It can make certain apps force close when trying to turn up the volume. If these don't help then Google is your friend.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Last edited by gavingreystone@gmail.com; 14th February 2013 at 12:14 AM.
14th February 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #22863  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helushune

If you set the notification to use one of the single color LEDs (such as red or blue) you won't ever see that issue popping up. I have my work email set to show up as purple and see the red and blue LEDs blinking out of sync every now and then. Just one of those things we get to live with.

I would, but then I can't distinguish what is what. I love the LEDs cause instead of using different notification sounds for each app, I can just use a different color

But this is no big deal in the long run of things. This is the first time I've ever seen in it all of the builds Task has made. I sure as hell won't switch to another rom just for this. Now if he sets my phone on fire, maybe.
14th February 2013, 12:34 AM   |  #22864  
Thanks Meter: 3

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Knave

I would, but then I can't distinguish what is what. I love the LEDs cause instead of using different notification sounds for each app, I can just use a different color

But this is no big deal in the long run of things. This is the first time I've ever seen in it all of the builds Task has made. I sure as hell won't switch to another rom just for this. Now if he sets my phone on fire, maybe.

Using lightflow doesn't cause this issue to occur. I've been using it for awhile now because it offers a little more control over my led than the built in led control

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 12:38 AM   |  #22865  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploitz

Using lightflow doesn't cause this issue to occur. I've been using it for awhile now because it offers a little more control over my led than the built in led control

Tried it, hated it. Anyway, enough of this topic. Causing clutter now that it's resolved and the cause explained.
14th February 2013, 12:45 AM   |  #22866  
Flag Jackson
Thanks Meter: 86

209 posts
More
Is there a way to install Samsung's video app on this ROM? I really wanna beam some videos to a friend who has stock ROM and won't let us without Samsung video app

Or if anybody knows a work around for this?

14th February 2013, 12:57 AM   |  #22867  
Flag Laramie, WY
Thanks Meter: 268

770 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynewsmaster

Is there a way to install Samsung's video app on this ROM? I really wanna beam some videos to a friend who has stock ROM and won't let us without Samsung video app

Or if anybody knows a work around for this?

Wrong thread for this buddy... only things supported here are what is available in the OP. No TW stuff or 3rd party apps...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to G-Man. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 01:38 AM   |  #22868  
Flag Kawartha Lakes
Thanks Meter: 14

132 posts
More
task650 you know I wouldnt do this normaly, but as of latest update I am having wifi issues myself.....no i dont have logcat, I will get that next time, but I can explain what happens exactly. after being connected to home wifi, then turning off before leaving home, then after I get home from work, re enable wifi, go to setting and watch wifi status go from connect, obtain wifi address, then disconnect, rinse repeat... will not reconnect untill reboot, home connection is wpa2, I will be re testing with logcat to try and determine the exact culprit... using latest rom of course, with ktoonz kernel(latest), underclocked to 1409mhz, no voltage adjustments. I will reflash with pure stock if need be. but hoping I can help if it isnt kernel related
14th February 2013, 01:41 AM   |  #22869  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,851

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_D_H

task650 you know I wouldnt do this normaly, but as of latest update I am having wifi issues myself.....no i dont have logcat, I will get that next time, but I can explain what happens exactly. after being connected to home wifi, then turning off before leaving home, then after I get home from work, re enable wifi, go to setting and watch wifi status go from connect, obtain wifi address, then disconnect, rinse repeat... will not reconnect untill reboot, home connection is wpa2, I will be re testing with logcat to try and determine the exact culprit... using latest rom of course, with ktoonz kernel(latest), underclocked to 1409mhz, no voltage adjustments. I will reflash with pure stock if need be. but hoping I can help if it isnt kernel related

If you flash ktoonsez's kernel then you need to go to that thread for support as i only support what i package in the OP of this thread. How am I (or you) supposed to be able to tell if it's rom or kernel related if you don't just use what I provide? You're just making it difficult by not using what's in the OP. I have no wifi issues.
14th February 2013, 01:42 AM   |  #22870  
Thanks Meter: 51

214 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_D_H

have you tried it with the kernel that comes with this ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android open kang project, butthole, jelly bean :), kitkat, suck it, use report button instead of flaming, user support thread in q&a for all the questions
Previous Thread Next Thread