Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Finally I brick my E973,, :(

Tip us?

blackmagiic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My Rogers E971 stopped recognizing SIM cards yesterday. It is unlocked/rooted. Hoping I can reroot/lock bootloader and send in for warranty service. Still trying to figure it all out.

shunter58
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagiic View Post
My Rogers E971 stopped recognizing SIM cards yesterday. It is unlocked/rooted. Hoping I can reroot/lock bootloader and send in for warranty service. Still trying to figure it all out.
hi friend I'm having the same problem for a month but I could not find solution to the problem

shunter58
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo911 View Post
no really to re unlocked it, since I tried my friends Bell sim. doesnt work
I'm having the same problem for a month but I could not find solution to the problem

blackmagiic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default lthSkno bas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter58 View Post
I'm having the same problem for a month but I could not find solution to the problem
I am hoping to set mine back to stock and send in for warranty servicing.

cascade128
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Optimus G sim card inserted or removed all the variations of the device automatically restarts.

Did you notice this situation?

Inhabitants of this problem, removing or inserting the sim card would not open the device?

disruptorx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Finally I brick my E973,, :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo911 View Post
Couple days ago my beloved Bell E973 wont reay sim card.

Here is what happed. the original from bell, but I bought a unlocked code to use my Rogers sim. It's working perfect for 2 or 3 weeks. I love the screen. personal I like it bettter than S3.

I did not root or unlock the bootloader and one day when I put sim card in, it just said NO SIM. I tried with bell sim. same

So I rooted and tried all kind of ROMs, even F180S. that's fun. but still wont read sim.

If anyone buy it as a parts or want to fix it. let me know. I am in Toronto
Woo911, you have used wrong title for your thread thus eliminating people who might know a solution to your problem to ignore the thread, inability to read the sim doesn't mean your device is bricked.

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
HTC TyTn > HTC TyTn II > FSC T830 > Lots of crappy Nokia and Samsung Phones > HTC Hero > Desire HD > G Nexus > Optimus G E975

blackmagiic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default hours cubmica

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade128 View Post
Optimus G sim card inserted or removed all the variations of the device automatically restarts.

Did you notice this situation?

Inhabitants of this problem, removing or inserting the sim card would not open the device?
When I first got the phone it would reboot when I inserted and removed SIM cards. It has since stopped doing this.

blackmagiic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagiic View Post
When I first got the phone it would reboot when I inserted and removed SIM cards. It has since stopped doing this.
Just an update. I couldn't figure out how to unroot and relock my bootloader. I ended up sending it off to LG for warranty servicing via my carrier and they fixed it free of charge.

The Following User Says Thank You to blackmagiic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]