Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 42,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

Tip us?

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolin View Post
I am concerned about how hard,easy it is to press the buttons with the tough case on.

What's your opinion on that? That's why i am looking at others cases,covers
As it was mentioned above, volume buttons are easier to press because its longer while power button is shorter and a little harder to press. Some people add a little piece of tape inside of the case behind the button so it will be more sensitive to the touch, thus more responsive when you push it.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb7561 View Post
Just received this case. It's replacing my seidio surface case. I actually like the Seidio case a lot, especially for the kickstand, however I just don't think it's going to give me much protection should I drop the phone. I've already broken one note 2 when I was just using a Ringke slim case. I'm sorry all those cases with the tops and bottom exposed are jokes. They're only good for scratches and will do nothing if you drop the thing. Like everything else here has said, this case is extremely thin however it does give you more protection (and piece of mind) for handling your $700 toy. I do however miss having a kickstand. Does anyone know if a flygrip would work on this case? A tough case with a kick stand seems like the ideal case. Hopefully they could keep the profile just as thin as this case.
Perhaps you should have looked into Case Mate Pop case? That one has a kick stand, although I'm not sure if it offer the same level of protection as Tough case. The case I used before, a cheapo rugged case from ebay had a kick stand as well which I was using as "flygrip" handle while watching or reading in bed. In theory, any flygrip-like handle with a sticky back should stick to the back of the case. But I think they usually recommend a completely flat surface.

vectron
Old
(Last edited by vectron; 13th February 2013 at 02:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,978
While I was playing with my Tough Case, I realized that I can use a holster from one of my other cheap ebay cases that came with a holster. Its just a generic slide-in holster for rugged cases I've seen all over ebay. The only problem, it's doesn't have a tight fit since obviously it wasn't designed specifically for Tough Case. There is a little gap, you can see from a picture close up. But overall you can definitely use it in portrait belt clip position, or even in landscape as long as the opened side of the holster is not pointing down. It will give you an extra screen protection when you carry your Tough Case in the pocket or throw into a bag. Btw, it also makes me wonder if it will work with Seidio Active holster since that one has a spring loaded latch.

But anyway, here are the pictures of this so called "mod":

gasolin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
WHY ist there always pictures of the white sgs 2 with the tough case or many another brand of cases,covers, i definitely can't see if i schould get the blue one thats available or wait for the black/black one. If someone have the blue and grey with a dark note 2 or link to someone who does, please send me a link or a picture

kikoexe
Old
(Last edited by kikoexe; 13th February 2013 at 10:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolin View Post
WHY ist there always pictures of the white sgs 2 with the tough case or many another brand of cases,covers, i definitely can't see if i schould get the blue one thats available or wait for the black/black one. If someone have the blue and grey with a dark note 2 or link to someone who does, please send me a link or a picture
i hope this is enough.. here's my note2 with the case on..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kikoexe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoexe View Post
i hope this is enough.. here's my note2 with the case on..

Blue case looks awesome with your background!

Btw, added one more comment to my original review on the previous page.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cardinalryan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Simply put, the CaseMate TOUGH case is the best case made for the Note 2. It's the case of the future...nothing comes close!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cardinalryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sleshepic
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,676

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

Great pics guys!

Sure would be a nice feature to buy individual color pieces. Still rocking my black and red, but think other combos would be cool too (black and grey, blue and black etc).

Should be getting some new cases soon enough, will update when I do.
If you enjoy my work, Please Consider a Donation. I go through alot of Coffee

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleshepic View Post
Great pics guys!

Sure would be a nice feature to buy individual color pieces. Still rocking my black and red, but think other combos would be cool too (black and grey, blue and black etc).

Should be getting some new cases soon enough, will update when I do.
Which one are you getting? I remember you already had all the top ones already.

For me, I'm waiting for Case-Mate Pop! and UAG Navigator due by this Friday.. I'm digging Tough case so much now, will be hard to convince me otherwise.

kikoexe
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Re: Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

me too.. im liking this case even more.. it didn't made the phone wider or thicker.. i was really surprised as to how slim the case was.. i previously owned the tough case for the s2 and s3 and after a week, i sold them because the phone became ticker.. so props to casemate for doing this to the note2 version.. and the rubbery grip is nice to the touch.. looks like i finally found the right case for me..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to kikoexe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gasolin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can't wait until i order one, i prefer the black one (the grips very god on the sgs 3 version), i would have liked if i could get the rubber,silicone in black and the hard shell in blue, the black and red one i think is not discrete,like it's to much look at me