Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Testing the anker 6200mah and Hyperion 6200mah

Tip us?

300winmag
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Or just get a case that has a silicone sleeve that goes over the back like the defender which covers the color anyway.

mdt73
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Didn't see it listed here, but the new Hyperion has NFC installed in its battery cover for the 6200mAh battery. I am not finding it requires 12 hours to charge to full using the OEM Samsung AC adapter and quality Monoprice 3ft USB cable. I picked up a second 6200mAh hyperion because I didn't think I could get a full recharge overnight if it was going to take 12 hours... so it looks like I have a ton of battery juice available, just in case, lol. Really impressed with the price and ship times of the hyperion from amazon.com. And the hyperion case feels solid, probably the best combo of weight and feel I have found in a case \ battery combo.
YMMV.
Sent from my gaming rig... which blows away my phone, but looks funny held up against my ear.

300winmag
Old
Thanks Meter 10
My Hyperion didn't take that long at all to charge either but I still left it on for 12 hours.
First charge would have lasted me about two days but I had to use a battery draining app to kill the rest of the battery or I would have ran out the next afternoon at work.

When I got to work today I looked at my phone and it was down 10%... after an hour of being off the charger and me not using it.
I used it quite a bit since this morning and it's only gone down to 81% so I don't know why it drained so fast but at least it's stopped.
This battery is amazing!

mdt73
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Trying to charge my initial battery to full so I can take it out and put the backup battery on the charger... and the last 10% recharges at a snails pace.
But ya, I am noticing that too, it quickly drains the first 10% for me as well, then takes forever to run down. An iPhone 5 user tried to tell me he only used 9% of his battery with heavy use. Trying to explain to him that his battery was about 1\3 the size of the Hyperion 6200mAh was like trying to explain it to my dog at home, so I showed him where he could see phone use since the last recharge. Once he realized it read 47 min of use, he dropped the subject. LoL!

Do you many battery saving settings with your phone? (brightness set to auto, slowing the cpu, etc) I haven't changed anything yet, but I might tinker with it this weekend.
Sent from my gaming rig... which blows away my phone, but looks funny held up against my ear.

one80oneday
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Tried one of the cheap 6500mah batteries from eBay and it doesn't last even as long as the stock 3100mah battery. I don't mind the extra size so I'll be ordering an Anker next.

HTC: Mogul, Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Sensation
Samsung: Moment, Intercept, Galaxy SIII & Note 2
LG: Optimus V, Optimus Slider
Tablets: Nook, Acer A500, Nexus 7

shadowhawk2020
Old
Thanks Meter 72
[QUOTE=one80oneday;37983128]Tried one of the cheap 6500mah batteries from eBay Anyone have thickness comparison pictures between stock and extended?

babiegurl36
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it!
The Following User Says Thank You to babiegurl36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

300winmag
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Awwww thats not what I wanted to hear!
Mine does the same thing, I was hoping it would only last the first few charges.
Looks like I have a decision to make....

mesh626
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by babiegurl36 View Post
I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
Awwww thats not what I wanted to hear!
Mine does the same thing, I was hoping it would only last the first few charges.
Looks like I have a decision to make....
So basically you two don't like the hyperion batteries? I'm asking because I'm in the market for an extended battery and wanted to get either the Hyperion or Anker. From the looks of things I'm leaning more towards the Anker. I've had the Hyperion on the S3 and it was awesome lasted long and I remember reading something about our wall chargers only let the batteries for so long so it doesn't charge the extended battery to its full potential. So I would always put in my OEM battery while I charge the extended on its own charger.

300winmag
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I am going to wait for a few charges to make that call.
The battery does last a crazy long time even with losing that 10% in the first hour.