Post Reply

Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

OP nightfox11

14th February 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #131  
tgrgrd00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 79
 
339 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesgodjillion

I've been trying to sideload the OTA. The device shows up while it's on the OS, can do an "adb devices" and it shows up and a, 'adb reboot recovery' and it reboots, but once I get into recovery, it no longer shows up. What am I missing...?

Did you verify all of the correct drivers are installed? I used the N10 Toolkit to install the drivers.

I seem to remember that when I booted in to recovery it installed a 2nd driver for recovery specifically. So when I got in to recovery and plugged in the usb it had a popup about installing driver.

Anyway try getting all of the drivers from the N10 toolkit and see if that helps. It was the toolkit by Mskip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 12:39 AM   |  #132  
clo821's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrgrd00

Did you verify all of the correct drivers are installed? I used the N10 Toolkit to install the drivers.

I seem to remember that when I booted in to recovery it installed a 2nd driver for recovery specifically. So when I got in to recovery and plugged in the usb it had a popup about installing driver.

Anyway try getting all of the drivers from the N10 toolkit and see if that helps. It was the toolkit by Mskip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like he's missing the boot loader drivers. Read through the following link and make sure all the usb drivers are installed http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/07/3...h-android-sdk/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 12:59 AM   |  #133  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I have the bootloader/fastboot drivers installed. When I type in "fastboot devices", it shows up in the list. The only place I can't get ADB to see it is in recovery itself. In device manager, during recovery, it shows up in "Other Devices" as Nexus 10 with an ! symbol, but uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing. I just get the ! symbol again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the "Nexus 10" drivers and installed the generic "Android ADB interface" drivers and it recognizes it now, but the "sideload" command doesn't work. I get *cannot read 'sideload' *.
Last edited by timesgodjillion; 14th February 2013 at 01:05 AM.
14th February 2013, 01:09 AM   |  #134  
clo821's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesgodjillion

I have the bootloader/fastboot drivers installed. When I type in "fastboot devices", it shows up in the list. The only place I can't get ADB to see it is in recovery itself. In device manager, during recovery, it shows up in "Other Devices" as Nexus 10 with an ! symbol, but uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing. I just get the ! symbol again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the "Nexus 10" drivers and installed the generic "Android ADB interface" drivers and it recognizes it now, but the "sideload" command doesn't work. I get *cannot read 'sideload' *.

Try downloading a newer version of the sdk

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 01:16 AM   |  #135  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clo821

Try downloading a newer version of the sdk

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I already did.
14th February 2013, 01:28 AM   |  #136  
Bru87tr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lowell, MA
Thanks Meter: 31
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update
Not sure what the update had, but opening apps seems much quicker.

Also, I just spent an hour playing shadowgun online and my N10 would get very warm if not hot, it doesn't heat up nearly as much and doesn't seem to throttle down as much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
14th February 2013, 01:54 AM   |  #137  
clo821's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesgodjillion

I already did.

What do you have the usb connection as, MTP? Try the other one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #138  
filthygoat223996's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru87tr

Not sure what the update had, but opening apps seems much quicker.

Also, I just spent an hour playing shadowgun online and my N10 would get very warm if not hot, it doesn't heat up nearly as much and doesn't seem to throttle down as much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

The update seemed to have improve performance, my n10 also seems faster

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 02:32 AM   |  #139  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
This is weird. I'm not getting any OTA's from my N10. I just got it back from warranty and the build number says JOP40F instead of JOP40D.
14th February 2013, 02:36 AM   |  #140  
omac_ranger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 229
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
|https://twitter.com/romanbb/status/301868798309462016

"Roman: so @marclandis noticed a pretty bad memory leak in AOKP… couple of us spent all day tracking it down. Its a bug in AOSP. Its fixed in 4.2.2!"

Interesting. Perhaps there really might have been a problem over time with the N10. Looking forward to CM10.1 with 4.2.2.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes