Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Tip us?

tgrgrd00
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Default Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesgodjillion View Post
I've been trying to sideload the OTA. The device shows up while it's on the OS, can do an "adb devices" and it shows up and a, 'adb reboot recovery' and it reboots, but once I get into recovery, it no longer shows up. What am I missing...?
Did you verify all of the correct drivers are installed? I used the N10 Toolkit to install the drivers.

I seem to remember that when I booted in to recovery it installed a 2nd driver for recovery specifically. So when I got in to recovery and plugged in the usb it had a popup about installing driver.

Anyway try getting all of the drivers from the N10 toolkit and see if that helps. It was the toolkit by Mskip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

clo821
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrgrd00 View Post
Did you verify all of the correct drivers are installed? I used the N10 Toolkit to install the drivers.

I seem to remember that when I booted in to recovery it installed a 2nd driver for recovery specifically. So when I got in to recovery and plugged in the usb it had a popup about installing driver.

Anyway try getting all of the drivers from the N10 toolkit and see if that helps. It was the toolkit by Mskip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like he's missing the boot loader drivers. Read through the following link and make sure all the usb drivers are installed http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/07/3...h-android-sdk/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

timesgodjillion
Old
(Last edited by timesgodjillion; 14th February 2013 at 01:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have the bootloader/fastboot drivers installed. When I type in "fastboot devices", it shows up in the list. The only place I can't get ADB to see it is in recovery itself. In device manager, during recovery, it shows up in "Other Devices" as Nexus 10 with an ! symbol, but uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing. I just get the ! symbol again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the "Nexus 10" drivers and installed the generic "Android ADB interface" drivers and it recognizes it now, but the "sideload" command doesn't work. I get *cannot read 'sideload' *.

clo821
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Quote:
I have the bootloader/fastboot drivers installed. When I type in "fastboot devices", it shows up in the list. The only place I can't get ADB to see it is in recovery itself. In device manager, during recovery, it shows up in "Other Devices" as Nexus 10 with an ! symbol, but uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing. I just get the ! symbol again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the "Nexus 10" drivers and installed the generic "Android ADB interface" drivers and it recognizes it now, but the "sideload" command doesn't work. I get *cannot read 'sideload' *.
Try downloading a newer version of the sdk

timesgodjillion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clo821 View Post
Try downloading a newer version of the sdk

I already did.

Bru87tr
Old
Thanks Meter 31

Not sure what the update had, but opening apps seems much quicker.

Also, I just spent an hour playing shadowgun online and my N10 would get very warm if not hot, it doesn't heat up nearly as much and doesn't seem to throttle down as much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Nexus 10 - 32GB
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4973100_1.gif

clo821
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Quote:
I already did.
What do you have the usb connection as, MTP? Try the other one.

filthygoat223996
Old
Thanks Meter 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru87tr View Post
Not sure what the update had, but opening apps seems much quicker.

Also, I just spent an hour playing shadowgun online and my N10 would get very warm if not hot, it doesn't heat up nearly as much and doesn't seem to throttle down as much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
The update seemed to have improve performance, my n10 also seems faster

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

Current Devices
Google Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.3+Franco
Google Nexus 10, CM11+ Trinity
Past Devices: HTC Amaze, LG Optimus G

NeoAznMan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is weird. I'm not getting any OTA's from my N10. I just got it back from warranty and the build number says JOP40F instead of JOP40D.

omac_ranger
Old
Thanks Meter 227
|https://twitter.com/romanbb/status/301868798309462016

"Roman: so @marclandis noticed a pretty bad memory leak in AOKP… couple of us spent all day tracking it down. Its a bug in AOSP. Its fixed in 4.2.2!"

Interesting. Perhaps there really might have been a problem over time with the N10. Looking forward to CM10.1 with 4.2.2.