Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM Port / WIP] - CoolDroid Revolution v9.0 - Sense 4.1

Tip us?

HandyBesitzer
Old
Thanks Meter 98
I don't want to make someones work bad. It's simply a fact, that this ROM take longer to change from normal to landscape and back. And my offer was that greeneyes maybe can ask the other developer how they made the Kernel things, because he self postet more than once he isn't that good in it.

Of cause there are things i like more from this ROM, that's simply normal because every ROM is unique. So i made the suggestion to learn from others who already solved some problems.

In my opinion a forum like this is to help each other and work together instead of against. If greeneyes can fix problems, RSK already fixed, he can work from this position next and maybe fix bugs that RSK can take from him. With this method the ROMs would both profit.

And if i wouldn't care about this ROM, why should i try to help greeneyes where he can find some solutions?

kostovdean
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Re: [ROM Port / WIP] - CoolDroid Revolution v9.0 - Sense 4.1

Any news of update? Sorry for asking

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kostovdean For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1306
Default Re: [ROM Port / WIP] - CoolDroid Revolution v9.0 - Sense 4.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyBesitzer View Post
I don't want to make someones work bad. It's simply a fact, that this ROM take longer to change from normal to landscape and back. And my offer was that greeneyes maybe can ask the other developer how they made the Kernel things, because he self postet more than once he isn't that good in it.

Of cause there are things i like more from this ROM, that's simply normal because every ROM is unique. So i made the suggestion to learn from others who already solved some problems.

In my opinion a forum like this is to help each other and work together instead of against. If greeneyes can fix problems, RSK already fixed, he can work from this position next and maybe fix bugs that RSK can take from him. With this method the ROMs would both profit.

And if i wouldn't care about this ROM, why should i try to help greeneyes where he can find some solutions?
imo there is only 1 reason why greeneyes rom isnt as smooth and why somethings dont work (yet) its because he hasnt had time to work/develope on it. RSK Team have been working non stop on their roms for the past few months so im almost certain if greeneyes had the time to work on the rom then it would be very good rom by now. all we can do is wait until he has the time

hiverguitar
Old
(Last edited by hiverguitar; 12th February 2013 at 10:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Getting stucked in "quietly brilliant" logo...it starts to update applications, but then it goes back to "quietly brilliant" and stucks there...I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

EDIT: Solved at the second time

Does the video record work? Here just closes the "Camera" apk...

droid_<3er
Old
(Last edited by droid_<3er; 13th February 2013 at 03:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiverguitar View Post
Getting stucked in "quietly brilliant" logo...it starts to update applications, but then it goes back to "quietly brilliant" and stucks there...I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

EDIT: Solved at the second time

Does the video record work? Here just closes the "Camera" apk...
OK, I got it to boot but it started freezing right after setup and I could only pull the battery. Then, when I booted it again,
everything started to FC on me and I had to pull again. I had gotten to Rosie, but I think Rosie FCed as well.

Now every time I boot, it doesn't get past the bootanimation. I'm going to try installing it all again.

Stock HBOOT, S-OFF with Revolutionary, Fat32 with 1GB ext4 formatted with 4EXT, and that's about it... no swap partition. Do I need that?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

OK, it works now, but I can see why this is a test rom.

It takes ages for HTC Sense to start up. The lockscreen doesn't even show at bootup, it's just the wallpaper and the statusbar. After the lockscreen comes in, it's the initial HTC loading screen, but it takes forever and com.android.phone stops responding and I close it.

The previous boot, it got extremely glitchy (i had two statusbars going at the same time, as well as two notificiation drawers). Then after it settled down Rosie.apk still wouldn't work, so I restarted.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Right now, the lockscreen works beautifully smooth, but I get the double statusbar again so Rosie is unfortunately unusable. I also see a no SIM icon popping up all of a sudden...
I doubt the CPU is working very hard; it's not even close to hot. Some problem with software? I used standard (stock) a2sd, apps, cache and dalvik to sd-ext.

Anyone else having such problems?
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB | ENDROIX V | TWRP 2.7

My Rig: NZXT H440 | Xeon E3-1230V2 @ 3.5 GHz | Z77 Extreme3 | NH-U9B | 8GB DDR3-1600 C11 | R9 280X Vapor-X | 240GB SSD 530 | 1TB WD Blue | XFX TS550 | Win 8.1 Pro | Samsung T240HD

Before you post about a question that's been answered one million times just because you feel that people of XDA are responsible for fixing your phone, please take the time to read this post.

droid_<3er
Old
(Last edited by droid_<3er; 13th February 2013 at 04:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
It's all right now, just a tad bit slow and unresponsive. I typically have to wait a few minutes for everything to load on boot.

Edit: It's impossibly slow right now. Turning off the radio doesn't solve it; I guess phone.apk really isn't the biggest problem after all.
Besides the screen having hogged 98% of the battery usage, there's also com.htc.launcher and surfaceflinger up there among the worst battery
hogs.

My Rig: NZXT H440 | Xeon E3-1230V2 @ 3.5 GHz | Z77 Extreme3 | NH-U9B | 8GB DDR3-1600 C11 | R9 280X Vapor-X | 240GB SSD 530 | 1TB WD Blue | XFX TS550 | Win 8.1 Pro | Samsung T240HD

Before you post about a question that's been answered one million times just because you feel that people of XDA are responsible for fixing your phone, please take the time to read this post.

hiverguitar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_<3er View Post
OK, I got it to boot but it started freezing right after setup and I could only pull the battery. Then, when I booted it again,
everything started to FC on me and I had to pull again. I had gotten to Rosie, but I think Rosie FCed as well.

Now every time I boot, it doesn't get past the bootanimation. I'm going to try installing it all again.

Stock HBOOT, S-OFF with Revolutionary, Fat32 with 1GB ext4 formatted with 4EXT, and that's about it... no swap partition. Do I need that?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

OK, it works now, but I can see why this is a test rom.

It takes ages for HTC Sense to start up. The lockscreen doesn't even show at bootup, it's just the wallpaper and the statusbar. After the lockscreen comes in, it's the initial HTC loading screen, but it takes forever and com.android.phone stops responding and I close it.

The previous boot, it got extremely glitchy (i had two statusbars going at the same time, as well as two notificiation drawers). Then after it settled down Rosie.apk still wouldn't work, so I restarted.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Right now, the lockscreen works beautifully smooth, but I get the double statusbar again so Rosie is unfortunately unusable. I also see a no SIM icon popping up all of a sudden...
I doubt the CPU is working very hard; it's not even close to hot. Some problem with software? I used standard (stock) a2sd, apps, cache and dalvik to sd-ext.

Anyone else having such problems?
Mine works fine. The only bad thing is the video record that doesn't work...let's see if there are updates soon

droid_<3er
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiverguitar View Post
Mine works fine. The only bad thing is the video record that doesn't work...let's see if there are updates soon
What HBOOT are you on? Stock HBOOT started to get so annoying that I switched to CM7R2, but it's the same.

It's even worse now on CM7R2. Although operation is smoother, I can't even get it to go past the lockscreen. I get visual artifacts (i'll post later when I find my SD-reader because I cannot connect to PC with this rom), and Phone and Setup continually give me ANR.

Alpharev CM7R2, superwiped twice before installing, and mount2sd options apps, data and dalvik all to sd-ext, with DL cache option.

droid_<3er
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Apparently either Setup is working or it just completely gave up because I'm at the loading screen for the launcher. It's the one that looks like the HTC bootlogo, except it's supposed to fade away to the homescreen, and that's not happening ( it just hangs there).

Here's what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ht2c.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1727907  

droid_<3er
Old
Thanks Meter 87
CM7R2 performance is much better than stock HBOOT, but performance with wifi on is still atrocious.