Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MMS workaround

Tip us?

bhillegass
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MMS workaround

Any progress on a picture sms fix or workaround for AT&T? My texts work fine but I cannot send or receive pictures on my DNA. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my HTC Droid Dna using Tapatalk 2
Current Device: HTC One (AT&T)
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock

Previously owned devices: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC One X (ATT Version), iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, Kindle Fire, Macbook (2006), Macbook (2009), Macbook Pro (2011), Alienware M17x, Apple TV, Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy Note II, Kindle Fire HD, Macbook Air (2011), iMac Mid 2012, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus Q, Nexus 7, Asus Transformer Infinity TF700, LG Nexus 4, HTC 8x, iPhone 5

uppon2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillegass View Post
Any progress on a picture sms fix or workaround for AT&T? My texts work fine but I cannot send or receive pictures on my DNA. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my HTC Droid Dna using Tapatalk 2
The current work around is annoying and nothing beats the stock message client, but for now you need to use a 3rd party one to get it to work.

1. Use a kernel that writes to /system (ask in the kernel thread if you're not sure)

2. Google search for your carriers APN settings and fill the details in: settings>mobile data>GMS/UMTS options>access point names with the APN details.

3. Download go sms pro and you will find an MMS option in red. At the bottom of the page, tick 'fill APN information manually' in the fields below you will need to duplicate the information from your android APN.

Pretty hectic just to get MMS right?

This works for GSM users in Australia and if it is worth it for you to try I hope it works for you too. Alternatively you could use Virtuous ROM which is based on a Butterfly firmware, which is in fact a GSM phone! MMS works fine on this ROM with stock apps.

Good luck friend
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle