MMS workaround

OP bhillegass

14th February 2013, 01:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
More
Any progress on a picture sms fix or workaround for AT&T? My texts work fine but I cannot send or receive pictures on my DNA. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my HTC Droid Dna using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 05:59 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,200

2,622 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillegass

Any progress on a picture sms fix or workaround for AT&T? My texts work fine but I cannot send or receive pictures on my DNA. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my HTC Droid Dna using Tapatalk 2

The current work around is annoying and nothing beats the stock message client, but for now you need to use a 3rd party one to get it to work.

1. Use a kernel that writes to /system (ask in the kernel thread if you're not sure)

2. Google search for your carriers APN settings and fill the details in: settings>mobile data>GMS/UMTS options>access point names with the APN details.

3. Download go sms pro and you will find an MMS option in red. At the bottom of the page, tick 'fill APN information manually' in the fields below you will need to duplicate the information from your android APN.

Pretty hectic just to get MMS right?

This works for GSM users in Australia and if it is worth it for you to try I hope it works for you too. Alternatively you could use Virtuous ROM which is based on a Butterfly firmware, which is in fact a GSM phone! MMS works fine on this ROM with stock apps.

Good luck friend
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread