Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sd card dead?

Tip us?

dbenney
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Sd card dead?

I am running freegs3 newest version with stock kernel. I was showing a buddy some pics that were stored in my sdcard...a 32gb pny class 10. Everything was fine then I went to pull up another pic and phone started acting up...wouldn't pull up pics...finally got back to home screen. Tried to get to pics again no go. Got an ongoing message in notification screen saying something about new sdcard or unsupported files. Idk what happened but suspect my sd card. Anyone had this happen? Any recommendations?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

CrfEpic4g
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Default Re: Sd card dead?

Try your sd card in someone elses phone and see if it works

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13662
Default Re: Sd card dead?

try this thread, it may help you... or at least make you feal unalone....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906058

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

dbenney
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
well got home and put it into my adapter and laptop. It recognized the card, but said it was corrupted and needed to be reformated. i reformated it cuz I really didnt lose much except for a few pics. oh well... guess ill just be careful for a while and monitor it cuz the card is about 1 1/2-2 years old.

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
well got home and put it into my adapter and laptop. It recognized the card, but said it was corrupted and needed to be reformated. i reformated it cuz I really didnt lose much except for a few pics. oh well... guess ill just be careful for a while and monitor it cuz the card is about 1 1/2-2 years old.
Well shouldn't matter the age, as long as its taken care of. When you remove it, do you unmount it, or just remove it?
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

dbenney
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
Well shouldn't matter the age, as long as its taken care of. When you remove it, do you unmount it, or just remove it?
i rarely take it out, but when I do i always turn my phone off.